That's a true point about the Pixel and the Sony price drop. As long it doesn't randomly restart on me, I think I can deal with it.

In my experience, the battery life wasn't so good to me. I did a hard reset and it has been better since. It's good, just not as good as my other phone. I wish that Oreo counted half/partial charges as full ones. I also didn't install all of my apps either, because I'm doing this test with it.
    That's a pity.
    I have everything running and my battery life is superb. I am consistently at 4+ hours SOT and over 24+ hours between charges. I have a rapid car charger and can easily get good charging on my short commute.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-27-2017 01:48 PM
    I don’t know about the small Pixel but I had the XL and it started quite good and went downhill from there. Oh, and there were no updates to blame, it was just Android’s poor RAM management. I only use about 30 app downloads so I can imagine the folks who download 100s of apps and 10 gigs of music what their battery life must be like.
    I have about 100 apps and every single one of them I have signed in and get notifications etc. I have ZERO issues with RAM management or battery life issues. This phone just chugs along. I didn't realize how janky the S8 is compared to the smoothness of the stock Android on the Pixel.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    09-27-2017 02:07 PM
    That's a pity.
    I have everything running and my battery life is superb. I am consistently at 4+ hours SOT and over 24+ hours between charges. I have a rapid car charger and can easily get good charging on my short commute.
    Nice!

Draining it down today, I can see how you get your numbers. I'm not really the kind to do that. I prefer a certain amount of battery life before I put it on the charger when it hits a certain percentage. Having a phone that doesn't fall short in that area makes the XZ1 Compact look nice to me.

Going from 0% to 100, I'm curious how long it will last for me after doing that and also with it hitting a certain percentage.
    09-27-2017 02:54 PM
    Printing my tickets for the weekend's events has me excited! Because of what's going on, I'll probably stick with the Pixel for the weekend but I am considering bringing along the A3 to the concert as well. Just so that I can see what kind of shots I can get with it too. I know that the Pixel shots will be better but I still would like to get a decent shot out of the A3 as well. The last concert with it did produce a decent shot. It was a bit noisy but far from horrible.
    fatclue_98 and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-28-2017 09:11 AM
    Not sure why this was on my Youtube landing page, but I found it to be interesting. (Even more so since this guy is in the world of tech.) It kind of reminded me of the points that MIA and Rue have both said about smartphone tech previously in this thread.

Laura Knotek and Muessig like this.
    09-28-2017 10:13 AM
    Not sure why this was on my Youtube landing page, but I found it to be interesting. (Even more so since this guy is in the world of tech.) It kind of reminded me of the points that MIA and Rue have both said about smartphone tech previously in this thread.

It was in my Google Now feed as well. I saw an article from BGR where the author argued it's better to buy a new iPhone 6s than a mid range Android. I'm like that's a pretty dumb comparison.
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-28-2017 12:13 PM
    $800 for LG V30 on TMO.
    $810 for the same device on ATT.
    09-28-2017 12:18 PM
    It was in my Google Now feed as well. I saw an article from BGR where the author argued it's better to buy a new iPhone 6s than a mid range Android. I'm like that's a pretty dumb comparison.
    Hmm yeah that's a crazy comparison, I agree with you about that.
    09-28-2017 12:34 PM
    $800 for LG V30 on TMO.
    $810 for the same device on ATT.
    Are you going to try one, or will you wait a bit to try it?
    09-28-2017 03:39 PM
    Are you going to try one, or will you wait a bit to try it?
    I might be able to pick one up from my contact who is going to give me the Mix 2.
    09-28-2017 03:53 PM
    I might be able to pick one up from my contact who is going to give me the Mix 2.
    Ooh that would be cool. If/when you do, I'll be curious about your impressions.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-28-2017 04:14 PM
    So I have been test driving the Umidigi Z1 Pro for the last couple of days and here are a few impressions.

1. What a superb knock off as far as design/build is concerned. This looks and feels like an iPhone 7+ except it runs Android - that too a clean version without a lot of Google bloatware. The only differences are USB-C, no mute slider button, volume/power button on same saide and an oval FPS in the front. Otherwise it looks exactly like the iPhone 7+. Ergonomics are fine, doesn't feel heavy despite having a 4000 mAh battery.

2. Dual camera setup is decent and works reasonably well. I wasn't expecting it to be anywhere remotely close. However this is no Pixel.

3. Battery life is superb - it has a 4000 mAh battery and I got 3.5 hours SOT with 43% left after being 17 hours off the charger.

4. One of the few Chinese devices that actually gets LTE in USA on TMO and VZW. VoLTE out of the box and it works just fine. I didn't see Wi-Fi calling option.

5. I slapped on Nova Launcher and got it setup similar to my Pixel. Seems to chug along just fine without issues. A few quirks, when I take the phone out of Airplane mode, it likes to turn on BT for some reason even if it wasn't turned on prior to putting the phone in Airplane mode. FPS works but is not accurate even though the training exercise I placed the finger in all possible combinations. I just enter the password now.

6. Seems to get updates routinely. However it is still on Android 7.0 however, security patch level is August 5, 2017 same as my Pixel.

7. Display panel is nice, a bit slow to adjust to the ambient lighting though.

8. Audio output is decent on speaker and headphone jack.

All in all a pretty decent device.
    09-29-2017 12:57 PM
    So I have been test driving the Umidigi Z1 Pro for the last couple of days and here are a few impressions.

1. What a superb knock off as far as design/build is concerned. This looks and feels like an iPhone 7+ except it runs Android - that too a clean version without a lot of Google bloatware. The only differences are USB-C, no mute slider button, volume/power button on same saide and an oval FPS in the front. Otherwise it looks exactly like the iPhone 7+. Ergonomics are fine, doesn't feel heavy despite having a 4000 mAh battery.

2. Dual camera setup is decent and works reasonably well. I wasn't expecting it to be anywhere remotely close. However this is no Pixel.

3. Battery life is superb - it has a 4000 mAh battery and I got 3.5 hours SOT with 43% left after being 17 hours off the charger.

4. One of the few Chinese devices that actually gets LTE in USA on TMO and VZW. VoLTE out of the box and it works just fine. I didn't see Wi-Fi calling option.

5. I slapped on Nova Launcher and got it setup similar to my Pixel. Seems to chug along just fine without issues. A few quirks, when I take the phone out of Airplane mode, it likes to turn on BT for some reason even if it wasn't turned on prior to putting the phone in Airplane mode. FPS works but is not accurate even though the training exercise I placed the finger in all possible combinations. I just enter the password now.

6. Seems to get updates routinely. However it is still on Android 7.0 however, security patch level is August 5, 2017 same as my Pixel.

7. Display panel is nice, a bit slow to adjust to the ambient lighting though.

8. Audio output is decent on speaker and headphone jack.

All in all a pretty decent device.
    Sounds like an interesting phone for sure. And also that the security patch is updated is a nice surprise.
    09-30-2017 10:42 AM
    So the concert yesterday was awesome. Slightly farther than the last one (in mileage, that is) but totally worth it. No headache this time because I ate proper food haha.

I ended up sitting next to this mom and her sons. One was grown and in a wheelchair and the other was small. The older son was really into music and he would make noises of excitement. Lucky him to be touched by my fav lol.

I did bring both phones. I got a few decent shots on the A3 and course a lot of really good shots on the Pixel. While I still want the XZ1 Compact, I have some comparing to do with it. I just need to know if it would be better than the A3. Basically it needs to be a bit under the Pixel but not so bad. We'll see.
    As temped as I am to buy next week, I need a certain site to drop their review. GSMArena had a great review but for me, I like to notice a pattern in them. One written review is not enough for that kind of thing.
    09-30-2017 10:53 AM
    Anyone here used Snapseed lately?
    I'm impressed with the latest update to the app.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-30-2017 09:21 PM
    Only in Australia...
    10-01-2017 06:41 AM
    I haven't taken many pictures lately. I'll have to go look now.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-01-2017 06:42 AM
    10-01-2017 08:08 AM
    I was almost sure this was an Onion article.
    libra89, raycpl and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-01-2017 04:28 PM
    Just got back from the game a little while ago. I'm glad that I did it. It was interesting. My Nats lost but eh, postseason starts Friday so I don't care \o/ It was great to scream the names of them and see those home runs and doubles hit far.

I was glad that I paid for parking at an official team lot. Even though I had to really follow people to find where my car was parked, it worked out well. There were all of these unexpected turns walking to the stadium and going back to my car so I'm glad that I followed the "red" shirts. Had a good time, and I don't regret that I went alone. In the future, if I choose to go alone again, I would probably do what I did today and choose a game that starts at 1 or 3pm and go from there. It just makes more sense for me to do that.
    Last edited by libra89; 10-01-2017 at 09:25 PM.
    10-01-2017 09:12 PM
    There’s always bread crumbs.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    10-01-2017 10:47 PM
    I do, and the update is excellent. 👍 I like the new interface much better.
    worldspy99 and fatclue_98 like this.
    10-01-2017 11:01 PM
    I kind of gathered it was a joke.

As much as the Aussie sense of humour is like that it's obviously not a good name but it would've been so funny though.
    libra89, Laura Knotek and raycpl like this.
    10-02-2017 05:49 AM
    I do, and the update is excellent. I like the new interface much better.
    I find the new interface a bit Instagram...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-02-2017 05:50 AM
    I find the new interface a bit Instagram...
    But it seems to do more things faster than the old app. I wonder if they revamped it for the upcoming Pixel 2 launch?
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-02-2017 08:25 AM
145,855 ... 55085509551055115512 ...