Surprisingly, I liked the in hand feel of the iPhone 8. I'm indifferent about the 6/6S, liked the 7 and now the 8. Design is old, but pay the top dollar for the iPhone X hotness.

So far, the Essential Phone and V30 have my favorite designs and in-hand feels of this year.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-10-2017 05:59 PM
    Well, I'm curious to hear 99's take on the V30...
    10-10-2017 06:00 PM
    Well, I'm curious to hear 99's take on the V30...
    Me too if the darn stores decide to put one out for display!
    10-10-2017 06:03 PM
    Other thoughts...

1) I still love HTC designs. I held the 10 again today and wished I tried it...like the U 11...

2) The in hand feel of the Pixel is only good with the black model. I thought I was crazy but I was able to try all 3 colors and 2 of 3 colors with the Pixel XL. In both cases, the black model felt more comfortable in hand to use. I think they used a slightly different process when finishing the black model.

3) Moto missed the boat with the Z² Force. It's a nice phone, but I honestly wouldn't walk past Andy's phone to buy it. That says a lot.

4) Curious to see the Pixel 2 in person - especially the XL version.
    Hmm, I'm surprised at what you said about the Pixel. I didn't notice a difference at all. You could be right about that, but after having 3, I find your experience interesting. Wait, no thoughts on the bezels?

Yeah, I think the thing that Moto did right was having carrier availability. Aside from that, it's not so interesting (to me).
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-10-2017 06:04 PM
    Surprisingly, I liked the in hand feel of the iPhone 8. I'm indifferent about the 6/6S, liked the 7 and now the 8. Design is old, but pay the top dollar for the iPhone X hotness.

So far, the Essential Phone and V30 have my favorite designs and in-hand feels of this year.
    Hmm since you said that, I'm now wondering if you would consider trying either phone next year or really at any point in time. I love the idea and look of the Essential Phone and I give them props for their improvements.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-10-2017 06:07 PM
    Me too if the darn stores decide to put one out for display!
    I saw it all undercover like in the VZW store. I popped there looking for the Pixel and discovered it. I was very pleased.
    10-10-2017 06:23 PM
    Hmm, I'm surprised at what you said about the Pixel. I didn't notice a difference at all. You could be right about that, but after having 3, I find your experience interesting. Wait, no thoughts on the bezels?

Yeah, I think the thing that Moto did right was having carrier availability. Aside from that, it's not so interesting (to me).
    The bezels on the Pixel are like Mr. Trump's hair - you can comment on it all you want but it ain't going anywhere. I would have preferred Google last year go to 5.2" and 5.7" in the same frame, but they didn't.

You'd be surprised the subtle differences in how colors are applied on phones. Last time I checked, not all paint jobs on a car color wise are done the same way either. I just could tell based on in hand feel. It's why I was more positive with the Pixel because of the black model over the white ones. If I bought a white Pixel, it lives in a case...the black one I'd sometimes use a case, sometimes go without.
    10-10-2017 06:34 PM
    The bezels on the Pixel are like Mr. Trump's hair - you can comment on it all you want but it ain't going anywhere. I would have preferred Google last year go to 5.2" and 5.7" in the same frame, but they didn't.

You'd be surprised the subtle differences in how colors are applied on phones. Last time I checked, not all paint jobs on a car color wise are done the same way either. I just could tell based on in hand feel. It's why I was more positive with the Pixel because of the black model over the white ones. If I bought a white Pixel, it lives in a case...the black one I'd sometimes use a case, sometimes go without.
    LOL at that analogy.

Hmm, the more you know. I would have never guessed that, but that does make sense.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-10-2017 06:49 PM

Ha, ha.
    I didn't care for the iPhone 8 at all. I liked the 7 a bit better.
    I guess different strokes for different folks!
    10-10-2017 07:07 PM
    Other thoughts...

1) I still love HTC designs. I held the 10 again today and wished I tried it...like the U 11...

2) The in hand feel of the Pixel is only good with the black model. I thought I was crazy but I was able to try all 3 colors and 2 of 3 colors with the Pixel XL. In both cases, the black model felt more comfortable in hand to use. I think they used a slightly different process/coating when finishing the black model. The white phones feel like a knock off version of the HTC 10 in hand.

3) Moto missed the boat with the Z² Force. It's a nice phone, but I honestly wouldn't walk past Andy's phone to buy it. That says a lot.

4) Curious to see the Pixel 2 in person - especially the XL version.
    I had the Blue Pixel and now have the Black Pixel. Can't really tell the difference between either phone. In a case, I guess the Caseology Vault case is far better than the clear Ringke and Luvvitt cases I had for the Blue Pixel.

I also had a White Pixel XL and a Black Pixel XL and really couldn't find anything different. Don't know why I keep thinking I will like a larger screened device. The Mix 2 is nice for a large screen device but even then I think I would want a slightly smaller phone than the Mix 2.

I didn't care at all for the new Moto Z offerings this year.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    10-10-2017 07:11 PM
    These super long days - non stop work/meetings for 8 to 9 hours are beginning to take a toll.
    Enjoy your evening everyone.
    10-10-2017 07:12 PM
    These super long days - non stop work/meetings for 8 to 9 hours are beginning to take a toll.
    Get some rest, sir...
    10-10-2017 07:26 PM
    Time for you to rest
    Try to sleep well.
    10-10-2017 07:38 PM
    I didn't actually sleep well. Too tired today morning.
    10-11-2017 08:11 AM
    That sucks, I'm sorry. I wish you good luck getting through today.
    Laura Knotek and worldspy99 like this.
    10-11-2017 08:47 AM
    I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you won't have such a long day today.
    worldspy99 and libra89 like this.
    10-11-2017 09:57 AM
    The camera on the Mix 2 is quite decent. I will post some samples in a couple of days.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    10-11-2017 04:45 PM
    Nice job with the camera update, Andy. If this was the floor for the Essential Phone and they pushed improvements, then I'd be more impressed.

As it stands, it's still $100 too expensive for my taste. I wouldn't walk past a V30 to buy this.

Now this vs Libra's XZ1C...that's interesting...
    10-11-2017 06:44 PM
    I do need something a bit more compact. The V20 took three spills from my pocket onto the office floor. Fortunately, there were no additional scuffs or a cracks to the tempered glass.
    10-11-2017 06:49 PM
    I do need something a bit more compact. The V20 took three spills from my pocket onto the office floor. Fortunately, there were no additional scuffs or a cracks to the tempered glass.
    Ahh, reading that had me scared for you for a minute there. Glad that all it is good.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-11-2017 06:54 PM
    The camera on the Mix 2 is quite decent. I will post some samples in a couple of days.
    I posted a bunch of side by side pictures with the Google Pixel here.
    10-11-2017 06:59 PM
    I think you will like the V30, it is compact compared to the V20.
    Also the Mi Mix 2 is really nice and comfortable to hold compared to the original Mix and the V20.
    10-11-2017 07:00 PM
    Nice job with the camera update, Andy. If this was the floor for the Essential Phone and they pushed improvements, then I'd be more impressed.

As it stands, it's still $100 too expensive for my taste. I wouldn't walk past a V30 to buy this.

Now this vs Libra's XZ1C...that's interesting...
    Now I am curious about how this update looks. Going to poke around to see if I can find any pictures taken from it.

I agree, that would be really interesting to compare the two, especially since they are really two of a kind. I also agree about the price of the Essential.

I get how you feel about the Essential Phone, so nice looking.
    fatclue_98 and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-11-2017 07:06 PM
    I posted a bunch of side by side pictures with the Google Pixel here.
    Thank you for sharing. Wow, I'm really impressed by the shots!
    fatclue_98 and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-11-2017 07:13 PM
    Now I am curious about how this update looks. Going to poke around to see if I can find any pictures taken from it.

I agree, that would be really interesting to compare the two, especially since they are really two of a kind. I also agree about the price of the Essential.

I get how you feel about the Essential Phone, so nice looking.
    Camera app loads much faster and shot to shot time between pictures is WAY better. Images seem a bit sharper too.
    10-11-2017 07:42 PM
142,797 ... 55135514551555165517 ...