Camera app loads much faster and shot to shot time between pictures is WAY better. Images seem a bit sharper too.
    Wow, sounds like a much needed and an awesome update. It could be fun to try it but of course not at the current price lol.

Interestingly enough, I see that on the used side, still high but not as high. Even one on Amazon warehouse deals now.
    fatclue_98 and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-11-2017 07:49 PM
    Wow, sounds like a much needed and an awesome update. It could be fun to try it but of course not at the current price lol.

Interestingly enough, I see that on the used side, still high but not as high. Even one on Amazon warehouse deals now.
    I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer...but it's a heavy phone. Not sure if you'll go for that. The Pixel is still better camera wise, but I had fun shooting in monochrome with the Honor 8, so we'll see if I get one.
    10-11-2017 08:01 PM
    I got my Google trade-in kit today and I'm glad that I cancelled my order. The trade-in kit shipped the day before I decided to cancel.

I'm having a hard time putting down my XZ1C so far. Hard enough for me to get regular day usage when it comes to battery life (but a lot of screen on time though for the time frame). I might try a trade in again (for a Pixel 2) sometime but I'm good.
    10-11-2017 08:02 PM
    I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer...but it's a heavy phone. Not sure if you'll go for that. The Pixel is still better camera wise, but I had fun shooting in monochrome with the Honor 8, so we'll see if I get one.
    That's a fair point, I probably wouldn't be. I don't mind some weight but I might get tired of holding it.

I could see you trying out this phone sometime down the line.
    10-11-2017 08:06 PM
    Does anyone here have a Chromebook? I was farting around with mine (Acer R13) earlier this evening and I noticed there was a "critical update" waiting for me. Now, I hadn't picked it up in some time so who knows how long it was there. Lo and behold I have the Play Store available!!

How long has this been available and why wasn't there a big fuss about it?
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-11-2017 08:58 PM
    Does anyone here have a Chromebook? I was farting around with mine (Acer R13) earlier this evening and I noticed there was a "critical update" waiting for me. Now, I hadn't picked it up in some time so who knows how long it was there. Lo and behold I have the Play Store available!!

How long has this been available and why wasn't there a big fuss about it?
    There was a big fuss. You just missed it.
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-11-2017 08:59 PM
    There was a big fuss. You just missed it.
    Obviously. When did it happen?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-11-2017 09:30 PM
    Obviously. When did it happen?
    Last year's Google IO I think? Or earlier?
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    10-11-2017 11:25 PM
    I was right... Google IO 2016. :) Though it was rumoured for a lot longer than that.

Also, all 2017 Chromebooks will have Play Store as standard. There's a few posts about updates to existing Chrombooks as well over at Android Central.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-12-2017 06:55 AM
    So I know you all want an update of my situation, so here goes.

Starting with France.

So, we are officially in the cooling off period for our house in France. We have signed the contract and so have the owners, or should I say the 13 children of the owners...

This means that as of October 20th the house is more or less ours, aside from exchange (the transfer of money which will happen in the first week of December, this was done on purpose by us).

In the UK.

We finally have notification on our buyer's mortgage and assurances that they intend to buy. We're signing the contract on Monday and the buyer will sign after that.

Exchange date is December 1st for that.

So why the long exchange dates?

I have to give four weeks notice at work. I wasn't going to do it until I knew things were more or less confirmed.

So on Tuesday 17 October I will officially give my notice to my work place and my last day at work will be Friday 17 November. I'm giving a touch longer than four weeks.

On Thursday November 23rd we leave for France. We already booked our removalist, temporary accommodation and the ferry over. We'll arrive at our temporary accommodation on the 25th. We're spending a night at Tours.

Last two things for us to sort out is our storage situation for our stuff and a French vehicle.

One will be easy, the other a touch difficult. :P

So that's it. That's where my life sits at the moment.
    10-12-2017 07:07 AM
    That was a beta program similar to our Insiders program where you had to get on the developer's leg. This was a regular, everyday update through normal channels.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-12-2017 07:33 AM

Starting with France.

So, we are officially in the cooling off period for our house in France. We have signed the contract and so have the owners, or should I say the 13 children of the owners...

This means that as of October 20th the house is more or less ours, aside from exchange (the transfer of money which will happen in the first week of December, this was done on purpose by us).

In the UK.

We finally have notification on our buyer's mortgage and assurances that they intend to buy. We're signing the contract on Monday and the buyer will sign after that.

I have to give four weeks notice at work. I wasn't going to do it until I knew things were more or less confirmed.

So on Tuesday 17 October I will officially give my notice to my work place and my last day at work will be Friday 17 November. I'm giving a touch longer than four weeks.

On Thursday November 23rd we leave for France. We already booked our removalist, temporary accommodation and the ferry over. We'll arrive at our temporary accommodation on the 25th. We're spending a night at Tours.

Last two things for us to sort out is our storage situation for our stuff and a French vehicle.

One will be easy, the other a touch difficult. :P

I was wondering why you were so quiet (just out of curiosity).

Whoa, you have had a lot going on. Congrats! I think the plan is solid and I wish you two the best with carrying everything out. How do you feel or at least how do you think you will feel when you give notice?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-12-2017 07:35 AM
    I just found out about the LTE Discovery app and wow I am so fascinated. I wish that I knew about this before. I learned that at work and at home, most of my time is spent on the lower band but my phone cycles between the higher band in some areas of my home and also at work.
    10-12-2017 08:12 AM
    I was wondering why you were so quiet (just out of curiosity).

Whoa, you have had a lot going on. Congrats! I think the plan is solid and I wish you two the best with carrying everything out. How do you feel or at least how do you think you will feel when you give notice?
    How do I feel after giving my notice...

Relief and happy and a bit weird.

I've been at the place for 5 1/2 years longest I stayed anywhere in the last 14.
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 10-12-2017 at 09:32 AM.
    10-12-2017 08:59 AM

I've been at the place for 5 1/2 years longest I started anywhere in the last 14.
    Wow I would have never guessed that this was the case. Sounds like it was time, possibly based on your experience.

I can imagine that it feels a little weird.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-12-2017 09:25 AM
    Wow I would have never guessed that this was the case. Sounds like it was time, possibly based on your experience.

I can imagine that it feels a little weird.
    So just in case you missed it. I have my notice today.
    10-12-2017 09:32 AM
    So just in case you missed it. I have my notice today.
    Wait, you did it early?! Omg, no wonder why you said how you would feel so fast. I think I misread because I thought you were saying how you would feel. Wow. So is your last day of work is still going to be the same date?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-12-2017 09:47 AM

I've been at the place for 5 1/2 years longest I stayed anywhere in the last 14.
    Congratulations! I hope everything goes smoothly until your move.
    libra89 likes this.
    10-12-2017 11:52 AM

Starting with France.

In the UK.

One will be easy, the other a touch difficult.

Good news to hear - very happy for you. Hope it all ties together smoothly at the end of the year.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-12-2017 10:04 PM
    So Nadella says "my bad" for failures of Windows 10 mobile on his watch. Well,

1) the honesty is refreshing
    2) MSFT was busy creating stacks of blame and failure in Windows Mobile since 6.5. So don't get your knickers in a bunch and you was just continuing stuff under the previous administration in that department.

They were busy reinventing the wheel and screwed the consumers. The shift in strategy makes sense, but their execution was horrid, to say the least...
    libra89 likes this.
    10-12-2017 10:07 PM
    Finally, made it to the Bay Area. Long day.
    10-12-2017 11:26 PM
    Finally, made it to the Bay Area. Long day.
    I hope you'll have a less hectic Friday and a nice weekend. ☺️
    worldspy99 likes this.
    10-12-2017 11:27 PM
    I hope you'll have a less hectic Friday and a nice weekend.
    Thanks Laura.
    Tomorrow morning, class starts at 8. Will likely end at 4 and then a 6 hour drive back due to traffic. It's an even crazier day.
    10-12-2017 11:30 PM
    Thanks Laura.
    Tomorrow morning, class starts at 8. Will likely end at 4 and then a 6 hour drive back due to traffic. It's an even crazier day.
    Ugh! I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you'll get a relaxing break on Saturday and Sunday.
    worldspy99 and libra89 like this.
    10-12-2017 11:47 PM
    Work has become another cluster****.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone.
    fatclue_98, libra89 and N_LaRUE like this.
    10-13-2017 11:51 AM
138,110 ... 55145515551655175518 ...