Work has become another cluster****.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone.
    Ugh. 😞 I hope you'll have a relaxing weekend once you're done with work for today.
    libra89 likes this.
    10-13-2017 02:41 PM
    Work has become another cluster****.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone.
    Another? I didn’t know there were options. Peace out bruh.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-13-2017 02:44 PM
    Another? I didn’t know there were options. Peace out bruh.
    Same institution, different department, another cluster****. You can only put so many different types of clothing to disguise a pig from not being called...a pig.
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    10-13-2017 04:18 PM
    Ugh. 😞 I hope you'll have a relaxing weekend once you're done with work for today.
    Thanks.

Gonna take the GF to a lipstick place where she'll get her own custom shade made tomorrow, along with some Indian food afterwards.

What I need is polar ice cap cold adult beverage...or 10.
    10-13-2017 04:19 PM
    Thanks.

Gonna take the GF to a lipstick place where she'll get her own custom shade made tomorrow, along with some Indian food afterwards.

What I need is polar ice cap cold adult beverage...or 10.
    That sounds fun for her. Hopefully there is a bar nearby where you can hang out until she's done getting her lipstick made.
    libra89 likes this.
    10-13-2017 04:46 PM
    That sounds fun for her. Hopefully there is a bar nearby where you can hang out until she's done getting her lipstick made.
    Nope. I'm sequestered to have a front row seat to this experience (especially since I'm paying for it as her rescheduled birthday gift). I'm sure she'll have a good time and I may learn something new.
    libra89, Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    10-13-2017 06:28 PM
    Hey gang, just checking in. Hope everyone's doing well!
    10-14-2017 05:30 PM
    Nice to see you, Ed. I hope you're doing well.
    Ed Boland and libra89 like this.
    10-14-2017 05:39 PM
    Hey Ed, how's it going? Good to see you.
    10-14-2017 10:50 PM
    Ouch, I should have waited a week...
    It doesn't pay to be a early adopter sometimes. I'm already seeing that the source I got the XZ1 Compact from, dropped the price by $30.

On the early adopter note, the screen protectors that I'm seeing suck, along with the cases. The best case doesn't come out until the week after next. I can't say that I'll never be one again but I'll try to remember this next time. Wasted money on a case that blocks the power button (which is a waste because I have the model with a working sensor). It took too long to get to me anyway so I'll probably return it.

Great phone, just should have exercised patience. On the flip side though, I probably would have gotten the Pixel 2 and that would have been a mistake for me.

Edit: As for the phone itself, I'll share a mini review here (and an extended one in the forums on AC) on Monday. I'm pleased though, I don't regret giving it a chance.
    Last edited by libra89; 10-14-2017 at 11:20 PM.
    10-14-2017 10:57 PM
    Nope. I'm sequestered to have a front row seat to this experience (especially since I'm paying for it as her rescheduled birthday gift). I'm sure she'll have a good time and I may learn something new.
    Well, she liked the experience of picking out her two new lipstick shades...a nude color for work and a dark cherry red for going out. She's going to go back and get a few other colors.

The Indian restaurant we went to wasn't the one she wanted to go to as the place she suggested had a 45min wait and we were too hungry. The substitute place was OK - but we would have had a more filling meal at a cheaper price if we had gone to the regular Ethiopian restaurant we frequent.
    libra89, Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    10-15-2017 12:30 AM
    Sup Ed.
    10-15-2017 12:30 AM
    Well, she liked the experience of picking out her two new lipstick shades...a nude color for work and a dark cherry red for going out. She's going to go back and get a few other colors.

The Indian restaurant we went to wasn't the one she wanted to go to as the place she suggested had a 45min wait and we were too hungry. The substitute place was OK - but we would have had a more filling meal at a cheaper price if we had gone to the regular Ethiopian restaurant we frequent.
    Nice that you made that experience happen for her! That place sounds interesting...

Aw that's a bummer that the wait was so long for the other place and that you got just "ok" food in exchange at another place.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-15-2017 12:40 AM
    Nice that you made that experience happen for her! That place sounds interesting...

Aw that's a bummer that the wait was so long for the other place and that you got just "ok" food in exchange at another place.
    http://www.bitebeauty.com/lip-lab/

That's where I took her.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-15-2017 12:47 AM
    http://www.bitebeauty.com/lip-lab/

That's where I took her.
    Very nice, thank you for sharing.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-15-2017 12:57 AM

I'm glad the custom lipstick place was great. That's a great idea that I wouldn't have thought existed. ☺️
    N_LaRUE and libra89 like this.
    10-15-2017 03:18 AM
    10-15-2017 07:46 PM
    I know she's talking because I see her lips moving.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-15-2017 09:46 PM
    I know she's talking because I see her lips moving.
    I thought of you when I saw this bumper sticker...lol..
    10-15-2017 09:47 PM
    So I went to the TMO store yesterday and finally got to test drive the V30. It was silver. I didn't like the color. It was a glorious smudge magnet. Overall build and design is superb. Screen quality was great and ergonomically it's great to hold in the hand. Couldn't test drive the camera as the stupid showroom software didn't leave any memory empty to take a picture.

If I decide to get this device, it would have to be blue or black.

This is what the G6 should have been. LG would have given Samsung Galaxy S8 a run for it's money.
    10-15-2017 10:55 PM
    After I went and saw the V30, I went to the Verizon store to check out the Pixel 2 devices. Man those bezels on the little guy stand out like sore losers. Build quality is excellent. I like the matte finish on the metal, provides superb grip compared to my current Pixel.

The Pixel 2 XL is a really nice device as well. Much more ergonomic compared to the excellent V30. I'm going to keep my Pixel for now and potentially pick up the XL on Swappa.
    10-15-2017 11:02 PM
    After I went and saw the V30, I went to the Verizon store to check out the Pixel 2 devices. Man those bezels on the little guy stand out like sore losers. Build quality is excellent. I like the matte finish on the metal, provides superb grip compared to my current Pixel.

The Pixel 2 XL is a really nice device as well. Much more ergonomic compared to the excellent V30. I'm going to keep my Pixel for now and potentially pick up the XL on Swappa.
    Wow, I'm surprised. I didn't expect that you would go for the 2 XL, even though it does look better than the smaller Pixel 2.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-15-2017 11:23 PM
    Writing a review for the XZ1C and it's already so long. I'm now wondering if someone would actually read it, I hope they do. Mini review here is incoming but finishing the longer one would make it easier for me to make this happen.
    10-16-2017 10:02 AM
    Writing a review for the XZ1C and it's already so long. I'm now wondering if someone would actually read it, I hope they do. Mini review here is incoming but finishing the longer one would make it easier for me to make this happen.
    A detailed review of a Sony device would be a welcome read. As you're well aware, Sony is not a brand that's on any US carrier so the average consumer may never know anything about it. Also, a female perspective is always welcome, even though some of us married men never listen to y'all anyway. MIA are you paying attention?
    10-16-2017 10:18 AM
    I forgot to mention one tiny detail about the new Pixels. Well the camera is actually as good as the hype is. So that is one more reason why I would choose to pick up the new Pixel over the LG V30.
    10-16-2017 10:25 AM
145,292 ... 55155516551755185519 ...