Well, they fired a coworker on Friday, so...
    People are stressed and on edge. This isn't a smart (but a familiar) play by MGMT. Sigh.
    N_LaRUE, Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    10-17-2017 04:03 PM
    On a different note, I'm trying to sort out some hardware upgrade ideas I have in mind. I've found what I want but I'm trying to figure out when and what order. With work being work, there are no plans to imminently purchase anything. I'm still in research stages right now.
    10-17-2017 04:19 PM
    On a different note, I'm trying to sort out some hardware upgrade ideas I have in mind. I've found what I want but I'm trying to figure out when and what order. With work being work, there are no plans to imminently purchase anything. I'm still in research stages right now.
    I wish you good luck with figuring all of this out and also finding the right fit.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-17-2017 06:08 PM
    I wish you good luck with figuring all of this out and also finding the right fit.
    It's figured out already. It's finding the money to do it all that's the trick.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-17-2017 07:47 PM
    It's figured out already. It's finding the money to do it all that's the trick.
    Ah gotcha.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-17-2017 08:02 PM
    Ah gotcha.
    If I had disposable income, I'd get a Fenix 5. That looks really, really good.
    10-17-2017 08:05 PM
    The work theme song:

10-18-2017 06:41 AM
    Thinking of possibly doing a light shootout between the XZ1C and the iPhone SE, because I'm curious. At the same time, I think I want to do a battery rundown test first.

Also thinking of following in 99's footsteps and giving up my SE so I wouldn't have any Apple devices (will be doing the shootout first obviously). I'm just debating if I should do an Apple trade-in or another trade-in since it isn't worth much at this point. The Apple trade-in is for "just in case" they refresh the SE. The difference between the trade-in options is $15, with Apple being more.
    fatclue_98 and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-18-2017 08:46 AM
    Picking up a G6 this afternoon. This Mate 9 is one serious piece of kit but I'm having some issues with launchers. It seems to be an issue with various Androids in that touches don't always register and some occasional lag. The lag, while sometimes turns into a freeze, isn't as bothersome as the touch failure. Remove all launchers and it flies faster than any Android I've had but I don't care for stock Emotion UI.

I hate the 2:1 aspect ratio but it seems that is the new standard so I might as well get used to it. Damn you Microsoft!!
    10-18-2017 10:46 AM
    Picking up a G6 this afternoon. This Mate 9 is one serious piece of kit but I'm having some issues with launchers. It seems to be an issue with various Androids in that touches don't always register and some occasional lag. The lag, while sometimes turns into a freeze, isn't as bothersome as the touch failure. Remove all launchers and it flies faster than any Android I've had but I don't care for stock Emotion UI.

I hate the 2:1 aspect ratio but it seems that is the new standard so I might as well get used to it. Damn you Microsoft!!
    That's a bummer about the Mate 9. I feel like you'll probably miss the battery life but the launcher issue sounds like a nuisance so I can get it. I hope that the G6 will work out for you though.
    Laura Knotek and fatclue_98 like this.
    10-18-2017 11:05 AM

Put the Pixel Launcher on the Mate 9. I am using it on my MediaPad M3 which has the same hardware as the Mate 9 and it absolutely flies, no issues whatsoever.

Here is the link
    https://github.com/amirzaidi/Launcher3
    10-18-2017 11:07 AM
    For some reason, I'm on the prowl for a new smart watch...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-18-2017 07:18 PM
    Which ones are you interested in?
    libra89 likes this.
    10-18-2017 07:44 PM
    That Fenix 5 you mentioned looks awesome but it is too expensive for what it does.
    10-18-2017 08:05 PM
    That Fenix 5 you mentioned looks awesome but it is too expensive for what it does.
    I love how it looks, but damn it is pricey. If I was a runner and stuff and had the income...
    10-18-2017 08:32 PM
    Which ones are you interested in?
    Looked at the Watch Sport, and some Garmin ones and the Huawei watch 2. Not really interested in Gear S2 or S3.
    10-18-2017 08:35 PM
    I love how it looks, but damn it is pricey. If I was a runner and stuff and had the income...
    We don't bat an eye dropping $350 - $500 for a smartphone but roughly the same for a watch is questionable handling of moolah.
    10-18-2017 08:38 PM
    We don't bat an eye dropping $350 - $500 for a smartphone but roughly the same for a watch is questionable handling of moolah.
    I mean, I'd do it if I knew I was going to fully use it like that...but I'm not where near that level of fitness commitment, so it's not worth it for me. I looked at the cheaper forerunner watches for $200, but even then...those are for runners.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-18-2017 08:42 PM
    True. Just did a bit of hassle to get a price adjustment refund (which I did get), but no regrets.

To be fair, you kind of have to use a phone so I would say that it is justified. You can forget to wear a watch and go about your day because there will be a clock somewhere. Your phone though, not so much lol. Not much can replace that.
    10-18-2017 08:53 PM
    Speaking of phones, so how's the G6? Any early impressions?
    10-18-2017 08:55 PM
    True. Just did a bit of hassle to get a price adjustment refund (which I did get), but no regrets.

To be fair, you kind of have to use a phone so I would say that it is justified. You can forget to wear a watch and go about your day because there will be a clock somewhere. Your phone though, not so much lol. Not much can replace that.
    I slightly disagree. If you're used to wearing watches, you don't forget them.

I was always a watch wearer, so even when I didn't wear one for years - once I started wearing them again I don't leave home without it. It's easy to pick them habit back up again.
    10-18-2017 09:13 PM

I was always a watch wearer, so even when I didn't wear one for years - once I started wearing them again I don't leave home without it. It's easy to pick them habit back up again.
    Ooh okay, that's a true point.
    10-18-2017 09:35 PM

When I used to wear watches regularly, I would look at my wrist instinctively without realising I forgot my watch. 😆
    libra89, MSFTisMIA and fatclue_98 like this.
    10-18-2017 09:48 PM
    Speaking of phones, so how's the G6? Any early impressions?
    Cramped keyboard for sure 😂. It's pretty snappy but the Mate was a Formula 1 by comparison. It's easier to use one-handed no question, at the expense of the kb 🙄. Lots of SOT so far setting up apps, logging into accounts, etc. I'll have a better idea of battery life tomorrow.
    10-18-2017 10:05 PM
    Cramped keyboard for sure 😂. It's pretty snappy but the Mate was a Formula 1 by comparison. It's easier to use one-handed no question, at the expense of the kb 🙄. Lots of SOT so far setting up apps, logging into accounts, etc. I'll have a better idea of battery life tomorrow.
    I liked the G6. Looking forward to hearing about your review.
    10-19-2017 07:25 AM
144,453 ... 55175518551955205521 ...