Me too. Let the haters hate, I'm unapologetic about it.
    It's why I'm not selling my 950XL.
    10-21-2017 05:32 PM
    It's why I'm not selling my 950XL.
    There's nothing like it so I get it. Holding on to my 650.
    fatclue_98 and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-21-2017 07:52 PM
    I was playing around with an old HTC Trophy in my drawer a little while ago after watching another 'Canes victory. I almost forgot how nice WP7 was for some things. The People Hub was the snit. LinkedIn and Facebook integration still works but not much else. Not even the Store.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-21-2017 08:16 PM
    The interesting comparison for me is Andy's phone and the Pixel 2.

I like the in hand feel of the Pixel 2. It reminds me of the OnePlus One and Two - Sandstone back (a much softer version). There's a lot to like about the Pixel 2, especially the guaranteed 3 year software support, water resistance, and better camera.

Andy's phone has some solid hardware choices too...premium materials, more screen in about the same size as the Pixel 2. And is cheaper. Much cheaper.

Very interesting indeed...
    Hmm, I never thought about this but you are right about the comparison, it is very interesting. As you said, there are true pros of each one.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-21-2017 08:24 PM
    I was playing around with an old HTC Trophy in my drawer a little while ago after watching another 'Canes victory. I almost forgot how nice WP7 was for some things. The People Hub was the snit. LinkedIn and Facebook integration still works but not much else. Not even the Store.
    Wow that those two work still after all of this time.
    10-21-2017 08:26 PM
    I still fire up my Lumia 925 from time to time. Probably one of the best smartphones made by Nokia.
    10-21-2017 10:41 PM
    Trying to decide between the ZTE Quartz, Huawei watch 2 or the LG watch sport.

The Quartz is the cheapest ($100 on T-Mobile), the Huawei is the most practical as it uses 20mm bands like the 360 42mm and the Watch Sport is the best supported as a Google reference device.

If Google did a better job of pushing updates to the watches, I'd be fine with my 360 42mm. But, it's still vulnerable to Blue borne and I can freeze the OG Huawei watch on command by resting it on the charger and swiping on the screen.

The vivoactive 3 looks really good, but it's too expensive.
    10-22-2017 06:52 PM
    Trying to decide between the ZTE Quartz, Huawei watch 2 or the LG watch sport.

The Quartz is the cheapest ($100 on T-Mobile), the Huawei is the most practical as it uses 20mm bands like the 360 42mm and the Watch Sport is the best supported as a Google reference device.

If Google did a better job of pushing updates to the watches, I'd be fine with my 360 42mm. But, it's still vulnerable to Blue borne and I can freeze the OG Huawei watch on command by resting it on the charger and swiping on the screen.

The vivoactive 3 looks really good, but it's too expensive.
    Hmm considering that you have the original Huawei one, I would have thought that the 2 would be more of a shoo in for you.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-22-2017 07:04 PM
    Ooh Essential dropped the price of the Essential phone to $499 on its website.

I would like to try it for myself with that drop and the Google Camera apk thing but I have too many phones. Need to get rid of some of these before getting another one...
    10-22-2017 07:07 PM

I would like to try it for myself with that drop and the Google Camera apk thing but I have too many phones. Need to get rid of some of these before getting another one...
    Where there's a will.......
    10-22-2017 07:14 PM
    Where there's a will.......
    Haha, not pulling any triggers until I get rid of phones. I would say that I don't know how I got here, but I set myself up again. Now the question is which phones should go. I'll like to say that I know but I actually don't since I keep changing my mind.
    Laura Knotek and fatclue_98 like this.
    10-22-2017 07:26 PM
    Hmm considering that you have the original Huawei one, I would have thought that the 2 would be more of a shoo in for you.
    I don't necessarily like to have two tech devices from the same OEM in the same class. For example, I can have a Sony phone and a Sony tablet, but don't like owning two Sony phones at the same time.

ZTE:

Pros:

Silver color, cheapst of the three, biggest of the three casing size, biggest battery, replaceable bands, LTE capable and has a speaker, GPS

Cons:

Not sure of it has ambient light sensor (it if doesn't, that SUCKS big time), need to buy new bands, no HRM, no Android pay (don't care about it), no Qi

Huawei watch 2:

Pros:

Compatible with 360 42mm - so no new bands are needed, charger design improved, smallest of the three, don't mind the plastic based sport design, price is middle of the three.

Cons:

Smallest screen of the three, questions about how the screen holds up, it's a little big on the bigger side to my taste (casing wise), no Qi

LG Watch Sport:

Pros:

Qi, three button setup, nicest screen of the three, biggest screen of the three, GPS, LTE, Beta ready for Google

Cons:

Bands are not swappable, dullest looking design of the three, most expensive of the three.

Lots of things to think about...
    Last edited by MSFTisMIA; 10-22-2017 at 08:56 PM.
    10-22-2017 07:33 PM

Stop by a Best Buy of you can to see...I suspect it's too heavy for you...
    10-22-2017 07:34 PM

Well, it's finally at a price I'm interested in. Let's see what happens come Black Friday, as if it's a bit cheaper I'll take the plunge.

Honestly, they should have started out at $600, no higher than $650. I saw this coming as soon as they started dropping the price on the 360 camera. Andy tried to be too smart for himself here...
    10-22-2017 07:41 PM
    Stop by a Best Buy of you can to see...I suspect it's too heavy for you...
    I'll check it out at some point, but I'll probably be more serious about it once I can decide what phone(s) to move.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-22-2017 08:14 PM
    I don't necessarily like to have two tech devices from the same OEM in the same class. For example, I can have a Sony phone and a Sony tablet, but don't like owning two Sony phones at the same time.

ZTE:

Pros:

Silver color, cheapst of the three, biggest of the three casing size, biggest battery, replaceable bands, LTE capable and has a speaker, GPS

Cons:

Not sure of it has ambient light sensor (it if doesn't, that SUCKS big time), need to buy new bands, no HRM, no Android pay (don't care about it), no Qi

Huawei watch 2:

Pros:

Compatible with 360 42mm, so now new bands are needed, charger design improved, smallest of the three, don't mine the plastic based sport design, price is middle of the three.

Cons:

Smallest screen of the three, questions about how the screen holds up up, it's a little big on the bigger side (casing wise), no Qi

LG Watch Sport:

Pros:

Qi, three button setup, nicest screen of the three, biggest screen of the three, GPS, LTE, Beta ready for Google

Cons:

Bands are not swappable, dullest looking design of the three, most expensive of the three.

Ah okay, I can understand that. Wow, it does sound like you do have a lot to think about. Every watch seems to have both solid pros and cons.
    10-22-2017 08:15 PM
    I'll check it out at some point, but I'll probably be more serious about it once I can decide what phone(s) to move.
    All I'll say is good luck on this one.
    libra89 likes this.
    10-22-2017 08:54 PM

ZTE:

Pros:

Cons:

Huawei watch 2:

Pros:

Compatible with 360 42mm - so no new bands are needed, charger design improved, smallest of the three, don't mind the plastic based sport design, price is middle of the three.

Cons:

Smallest screen of the three, questions about how the screen holds up, it's a little big on the bigger side to my taste (casing wise), no Qi

LG Watch Sport:

Pros:

Cons:

I wish Moto supported their stuff better. The 360 42mm has been really solid since using it...just like the 360 before it.

I wish Android Wear got monthly patches too. If it did, I'd stomach 2.0 more on the 360. As it stands, I may have to stomach 2.0 on a newer watch for better software protection. That SUCKS big time.

At this point I haven't seen something from Samsung addressing BlueBorne, so I won't look at the Gear watches. Hardware wise, the Watch Sport offers the best protection and once the September patch drops, software protection improves.

It's just a frustrating process. I still use my LG V20 and my 360 which are vulnerable, but it just annoys me why OEMs don't take security as stringest as they should...
    10-22-2017 09:01 PM
    With the Essential phone now for $500, it competes against the G6 and OnePlus 5. That's an interesting choice...the dev communities for both are more established. Still, the hardware for Andy's phone has dev potential all over it...
    libra89 likes this.
    10-22-2017 09:06 PM
    All I'll say is good luck on this one.
    Thanks.
    When I think I know, I change my mind. I have some interesting ideas rolling around in my head, especially after watching Danny Winget's Periscope rant today about the Pixel 2 XL display. In case you or anyone is curious, the 30 minute rant is here.

You don't need Periscope to watch it.
    10-22-2017 10:30 PM
    I think I am leaning towards ordering the 64GB Pixel 2.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    10-22-2017 10:31 PM
    What colour are you interested in?
    worldspy99 and libra89 like this.
    10-22-2017 10:33 PM
    What colour are you interested in?
    Kinda Blue followed by the Black one.
    But I guess the Blue is a Verizon only color.
    So we'll see.
    10-22-2017 10:36 PM
    Oh? What made you change your mind on ordering it this year?

Just curious.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-22-2017 11:04 PM
    Kinda Blue followed by the Black one.
    But I guess the Blue is a Verizon only color.
    So we'll see.
    Kinda Blue looks kinda cool!
    libra89 likes this.
    10-22-2017 11:35 PM
143,669 ... 55215522552355245525 ...