• 00Days
  • 00Hours
  • 00Mins
  • 00Secs
Newsletter — sign up now! Learn More
    Highly recommend Versailles. It's something to see, even just the garden.
    Ha, ha.
    I stayed at a Pullman hotel right across Versailles on my first visit to Paris. Probably one of my favorite hotels in Europe.
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    11-08-2017 09:11 AM
    I second MIA. Also I'm with you on that, I like when I have things happen that helps me to confirm a decision. Sometimes you can't deny things, even if it sounds silly.

I notice a lot of things like that and generally, it turns out to be right in the end. I hope the remaining time zooms by for you.
    I've had periods of time in my life when things felt right.

When I met my friend from Pennsylvania the first time (many years ago).

When I decided to move to Australia to be with my then girlfriend, now wife.

And this. Even though I was a bit worried, I'm OK with things and it just seems right now.
    11-08-2017 09:20 AM
    Different day, different headache, same response. SMH.
    11-08-2017 12:06 PM
    Hey Libra,

libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    11-08-2017 07:14 PM
    Hey Libra,

I watched it and I found his thoughts to be really interesting. Interesting note about the Face ID but I wasn't surprised to hear that. Him saying that it's good but not really worth $1000, I don't really know what to say.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-08-2017 07:28 PM
    I watched it and I found his thoughts to be really interesting. Interesting note about the Face ID but I wasn't surprised to hear that. Him saying that it's good but not really worth $1000, I don't really know what to say.
    It was never worth it to a lot of people. Only those who sup at the teet of carriers and or those with the disposable income (or if you really, really want it) can justify the cost.

Lots of phones in 2017 are too expensive:

iPhone X, Note 8, Mate 10 Pro, Pixel 2 line, V30, Andy's phone (at launch), U11+, G6 (at launch), S8 (at launch), OnePlus 5, Moto X4, Moto Z² Force, Moto Z² play

I think HTC U11 was the only phone at launch was priced decent.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-08-2017 07:43 PM
    It was never worth it to a lot of people. Only those who sup at the teet of carriers and or those with the disposable income (or if you really, really want it) can justify the cost.

Lots of phones in 2017 are too expensive:

iPhone X, Note 8, Mate 10 Pro, Pixel 2 line, V30, Andy's phone (at launch), U11+, G6 (at launch), S8 (at launch), OnePlus 5, Moto X4, Moto Z² Force, Moto Z² play

I think HTC U11 was the only phone at launch was priced decent.
    Fair point about the price of the phones you have listed. I don't think the X should have been 1k, but maybe $800 (but I would say that the Note should have been there too). I do agree about the U11 being priced sensibly. I like the idea of the X, considering that I learned that it is close to the original Pixel in height but wider.
    11-08-2017 08:07 PM
    Fair point about the price of the phones you have listed. I don't think the X should have been 1k, but maybe $800 (but I would say that the Note should have been there too). I do agree about the U11 being priced sensibly. I like the idea of the X, considering that I learned that it is close to the original Pixel in height but wider.
    Apple was always going to overcharge. That's their game.
    11-08-2017 09:07 PM
    I still am browsing new gadgets. I popped my SIM back into the Mi Note 2 after I picked up a new case and tempered glass. Gonna try it again with the Bluetooth Sony's tomorrow after wearing the fitted coat that eats my wired headphones alive. Swapped over to the OG Huawei watch that I haven't worn in a while either.
    11-08-2017 09:34 PM
    I still am browsing new gadgets. I popped my SIM back into the Mi Note 2 after I picked up a new case and tempered glass. Gonna try it again with the Bluetooth Sony's tomorrow after wearing the fitted coat that eats my wired headphones alive. Swapped over to the OG Huawei watch that I haven't worn in a while either.
    Nice, I hope it works out for you this time. I mean with the headphones, that is.
    11-08-2017 09:39 PM
    All these big screened phones are actually nice. Even the 950XL has it strong suits. I just yearn for the compact nature of the Mi 5 comparatively. My first preference will always be smaller devices, even though I have lite bear paws for hands.
    11-08-2017 10:03 PM
    Nice, I hope it works out for you this time. I mean with the headphones, that is.
    I'm going with the wireless (the Sony's) this time. I haven't tried it with the wired headphones for calls since MIUI 9 was installed. Maybe I'll try it, maybe not.
    11-08-2017 10:04 PM
    I see Black Friday is fast approaching...

I wonder how many people will die this year for 'cheap stuff'....
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-09-2017 01:56 AM
    I don't get how people are still surprised that someone can work in education and not teach. Another question I always get after saying what I do is if I want to teach sometime. I like working in education but not teaching.

I debate if I'll want to continue doing education or just go public. Both have pros and cons. Public pays more, (higher) education pays less but I feel more comfortable in education. I think if I could do public, there has to be a balance with what I'm doing when it comes to dealing with people directly.
    Last edited by libra89; 11-09-2017 at 09:28 AM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-09-2017 08:25 AM
    So my supervisor sees my Huawei watch and asks "is that a Fossil watch?".

Nope, this was before Fossil really jumped into AW full force.
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    11-09-2017 09:57 AM
    So my supervisor sees my Huawei watch and asks "is that a Fossil watch?".

Nope, this was before Fossil really jumped into AW full force.
    Oh wow, does that happen much to you? I'm surprised that this happened, but I can get why. The Fossil ones look really nice.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-09-2017 10:03 AM
    Oh wow, does that happen much to you? I'm surprised that this happened, but I can get why. The Fossil ones look really nice.
    They do. I was considering buying one, too.
    11-09-2017 12:11 PM
    So...battery life on standby has been really good on Mi Note 2, as expected. Even on standby with the ROM I have on the V20 the battery life is suspect (for my needs).

Wear 2.0 is still funny on my Huawei watch, with a few reboots.

Every time I use the Mi Note 2 as a daily driver I'm reminded if why I still keep it. I still may get Andy's phone, but in days when I don't want something compact, the Mi Note 2 just works.

Haven't tested the call issue yet though, so we'll see.
    11-09-2017 12:18 PM
    Can someone please verify that it’s November?
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    11-09-2017 01:14 PM
    Can someone please verify that it’s November? https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...466c0a2b7e.jpg
    Wow, that's hot even for Miami. 🔥
    libra89 likes this.
    11-09-2017 01:21 PM
    Battery life on the Mi Note 2 has been solid today. Still feel with a factory reset it would be better.
    11-09-2017 04:16 PM
    Battery life on the Mi Note 2 has been solid today. Still feel with a factory reset it would be better.
    That's great to hear!
    libra89 likes this.
    11-09-2017 04:39 PM
    Battery life on the Pixel XL has been superb. I'm usually at 40% with 4+ hour SOT every night.
    Consistently.
    11-09-2017 04:47 PM
    That's great to hear!
    I always like this phone. But I've always loved the Mi 5 more. If the Mi 5 had the Mi Note 2's LTE radios, I'd have been set. I liked the lighter feel of the Mi 5...the only other phone that has that now is the V30. Some people find it cheap when holding it naked, but I don't mind that feather light yet very sleek and powerful look.
    11-09-2017 05:52 PM
    That's good! Ah factory resetting is a pain so I don't blame you on not doing it.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-09-2017 06:13 PM
143,553 ... 55335534553555365537 ...