I think as a tech enthusiast I keep seeing too many flaws in a device a lot easier than the device's merits. These devices are imperfect daily companions to imperfect owners.
    libra89 and TgeekB like this.
    11-10-2017 10:20 PM
    I think as a tech enthusiast I keep seeing too many flaws in a device a lot easier than the device's merits. These devices are imperfect daily companions to imperfect owners.
    I don't think that is a bad thing considering that it probably saves money, haha. Not that I would be the best example at the moment...
    11-10-2017 11:23 PM
    I don't think that is a bad thing considering that it probably saves money, haha. Not that I would be the best example at the moment...
    You don't always enjoy the device when you view it from that lens though...
    libra89 likes this.
    11-10-2017 11:26 PM
    You don't always enjoy the device when you view it from that lens though...
    That's a fair point. At the same time, if it has something that you enjoy a lot and do use, you might be temporarily blinded by the things you really like.

At least I can say that for myself anyway. Like giving up the ZX1C was hard because I really enjoyed the combo a lot.
    11-10-2017 11:59 PM
    Gotta jump in and grab life by the cajones, kind sir. I trust you'll be fine.

I had to rework a lot of my emotions during college to spur my own personal growth. It can be a very positive thing when done well or a total Trainwreck.
    Well, so far I've realised that I just have to get rid off my type A personality, so to speek.

There's no way I'll endure being pissed off all the time. It just needs to go away.
    11-11-2017 06:04 AM
    Well said.
    Once you realize this your tech life becomes much easier and more enjoyable.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-11-2017 06:09 AM
    Well, so far I've realised that I just have to get rid off my type A personality, so to speek.

There's no way I'll endure being pissed off all the time. It just needs to go away.
    Perhaps​ this song may help.

Rose640 likes this.
    11-11-2017 06:12 AM
    Well said.
    Once you realize this your tech life becomes much easier and more enjoyable.
    Still, as a consumer in a consumer driven economy, you always want to feel like you're getting your money's worth.

Therein lies the problem: the word feel.

There are only two devices I own I feel like I get my money's worth from: my two tablets. Everything else is relatively OK and ultimately temporary. Everything else is a fit for the time being in the search for the best fit. Something I know I won't find because I'm an outlier in what I want in a very personal device such as a phone and a smartwatch.

That's life though.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-11-2017 06:17 AM
    Pixel 2 will be daily driver till next year.
    Spare line is for phone switching. So that will probably keep seeing different phones.
    Huawei Mate 10 Pro and Essential phone are on the list.
    I got a case and screen protectors for Andy's phone. Just waiting on the phone now.
    libra89 and worldspy99 like this.
    11-11-2017 06:25 AM
    Still, as a consumer in a consumer driven economy, you always want to feel like you're getting your money's worth.

Therein lies the problem: the word feel.

There are only two devices I own I feel like I get my money's worth from: my two tablets. Everything else is relatively OK and ultimately temporary. Everything else is a fit for the time being in the search for the best fit. Something I know I won't find because I'm an outlier in what I want in a very personal device such as a phone and a smartwatch.

That's life though.
    My iPhone SE is definitely a device I feel and know I got money’s worth. Pocketable, powerful and only $200 from Cricket.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-11-2017 06:25 AM
    My iPhone SE is definitely a device I feel and know I got money’s worth. Pocketable, powerful and only $200 from Cricket.
    That's great to hear.

Many people who aren't tech enthusiasts have that feeling. I'm just saying as a tech enthusiast, it is harder to find that feeling in some cases.
    11-11-2017 06:30 AM
    That's great to hear.

Many people who aren't tech enthusiasts have that feeling. I'm just saying as a tech enthusiast, it is harder to find that feeling in some cases.
    Totally agree. We do it to ourselves. Many of us, in search of the perfect product which doesn’t exist, drive ourselves insane going from device to device. I was a chronic switcher until recently. Never happy and spending more money than I had too. A tech company’s dream consumer! Finally became an active member of TEA (tech enthusiast anonymous) and got the help I needed.
    11-11-2017 06:34 AM
    Totally agree. We do it to ourselves. Many of us, in search of the perfect product which doesn’t exist, drive ourselves insane going from device to device. I was a chronic switcher until recently. Never happy and spending more money than I had too. A tech company’s dream consumer! Finally became an active member of TEA (tech enthusiast anonymous) and got the help I needed.
    Agreed. No overall perfect device exist...it's about the best fit for each individual.
    11-11-2017 06:46 AM
    Well, the Mi Note 2 is on the October 2017 patch, which is good.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-11-2017 06:50 AM
    The struggle is real. You're lucky to have survived it. You're right that it doesn't exist but sometimes when it comes to the price of them, it hurts more when it falls short.

I'm feeling that with the iPhone 8 currently. Not sure about it at all, especially if it is actually worth $700.
    11-11-2017 08:04 AM
    Wow, I woke up and my phone was off. This seems to happen to me with the big iPhones only.

Again, no update installed, battery isn't close to dead and it's also super odd because with the 8 series and the X, it takes more work to actually turn off the phone now over the usual way. I guess it's going back, I'm not going though this again if I don't have to.

Things like this can happen when you try to chase the rainbow. I blame @TgeekB for this
    Last edited by libra89; 11-11-2017 at 08:27 AM.
    11-11-2017 08:08 AM
    I got a case and screen protectors for Andy's phone. Just waiting on the phone now.
    OMG you're ready! Nicee!
    11-11-2017 08:27 AM
    OMG you're ready! Nicee!
    I didn't want to wait until afterwards.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-11-2017 09:10 AM
    I didn't want to wait until afterwards.
    Yeah that's a smart way to do it. I would have done the same myself.
    11-11-2017 09:14 AM
    Just bought a battery for my laptop since it has decided not to hold a charge anymore as of last night. I'm glad that HP finally had the sense to open a parts store.

I'm glad that this has happened now though, over it happening next year.
    11-11-2017 10:08 AM
    I'm going to go and play with one at Best Buy. I'm okay with using the Google camera app. I need to find out how heavy it feels in hand.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-11-2017 11:24 AM
    I'm very happy with how I went about being a chronic phone switcher. I first built up a pile of cash before plunging in. Also knowing that there's always money to be made in selling ifruit devices.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-11-2017 11:26 AM
    I'm going to go and play with one at Best Buy. I'm okay with using the Google camera app. I need to find out how heavy it feels in hand.
    A slightly lighter Lumia 920.
    11-11-2017 11:31 AM
    It looks like MIUI 9 fixed that issue with the calls and the lockscreen I was having on MIUI 8. So the Mi Note 2 has gotten better. It is again in a nice way, believe it or not.

I would be fine with going back to it as a daily driver if I didn't want something...smaller size wise.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-11-2017 11:34 AM
    I'm quoting you but I'm also tagging MIA. Did either of you watch MrMobile's review redo of the Essential Phone? If you did, I'll like to hear your thoughts.
    11-11-2017 01:02 PM
144,452 ... 55365537553855395540 ...