I'm quoting you but I'm also tagging MIA. Did either of you watch MrMobile's review redo of the Essential Phone? If you did, I'll like to hear your thoughts.
    I did and that's why I am a bit optimistic about the camera.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-11-2017 02:23 PM
    Gotcha. Sounds good.
    worldspy99 likes this.
    11-11-2017 02:42 PM
    Perhapsโ€‹ this song may help.

I'm getting more and more hooked on these old school RnR songs. Thanks for sharing.
    11-11-2017 02:55 PM
    Perhapsโ€‹ this song may help.

Thanks for making me feel old... I remember when this came out...
    Scienceguy Labs and Rose640 like this.
    11-11-2017 03:09 PM
    Thanks for making me feel old... I remember when this came out...
    Likewise
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    11-11-2017 03:10 PM

Here's a pic from my Essential Phone using the stock app. The sun was at a terrible angle, but I think it came out ok. I'm sure the ported Google camera would have been much better though.
    11-11-2017 03:57 PM
    I'm quoting you but I'm also tagging MIA. Did either of you watch MrMobile's review redo of the Essential Phone? If you did, I'll like to hear your thoughts.
    I saw it. I like Andy's phone not for the camera app, which in person at Best Buy I frankly don't like.

I thought they should have launched it at the same price as the U11...$600. Now, had they done that installing the camera app they have now and then did the 5 camera app updates to make it better and dropped the price to $500, this phone would kill.

But as it stands, I'm still interested. I wanted the green with the gold titanium trin but Andy is having too many yield issues, so I will get the white instead.
    11-11-2017 03:58 PM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ef02b7297a.jpg

Here's a pic from my Essential Phone using the stock app. The sun was at a terrible angle, but I think it came out ok. I'm sure the ported Google camera would have been much better though.
    You picked up Andy's phone? Wow.

I thought you were holding out for the new Mates from Huawei?
    libra89 likes this.
    11-11-2017 03:59 PM
    You picked up Andy's phone? Wow.

I thought you were holding out for the new Mates from Huawei?
    I was anxiously waiting for the Mate 10, but I just knew the price was going to be just a little out of my range. When the price dropped on Andy's phone, I figured I'd give it a go. Aside from it being really small, compared to the Honor Note 8/Mate 9 I have been using, it's a really nice phone. Camera isn't on the top end, but it's good enough. I haven't had any of the hiccups that Mr. Mobile mentioned....yet.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-11-2017 04:04 PM
    I was anxiously waiting for the Mate 10, but I just knew the price was going to be just a little out of my range. When the price dropped on Andy's phone, I figured I'd give it a go. Aside from it being really small, compared to the Honor Note 8/Mate 9 I have been using, it's a really nice phone. Camera isn't on the top end, but it's good enough. I haven't had any of the hiccups that Mr. Mobile mentioned....yet.
    Heard that AT&Thieves were looking to add the Mate 10 Pro to their lineup.

What color did you get in Andy's phone?
    libra89 likes this.
    11-11-2017 04:17 PM
    I'm getting more and more hooked on these old school RnR songs. Thanks for sharing.
    I hope you're hooked on the words too.
    Rose640 likes this.
    11-11-2017 04:18 PM
    Heard that AT&Thieves were looking to add the Mate 10 Pro to their lineup.

What color did you get in Andy's phone?
    Really? Didn't know that. That just means they'll put that big ol' AT&T logo on it. The pro definitely had my attention, but lost it quickly for whatever reason.

I went with the Moon Black. Considered the white, but caved to the simplicity of the black model. It's definitely a sleek looking device. That green model that's supposedly on the horizon looks pretty sweet though. My only concern is battery size/life. It's been really good so far, but doesn't compare to what I'm used to with Huawei.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    11-11-2017 04:28 PM
    Really? Didn't know that. That just means they'll put that big ol' AT&T logo on it. The pro definitely had my attention, but lost it quickly for whatever reason.

I went with the Moon Black. Considered the white, but caved to the simplicity of the black model. It's definitely a sleek looking device. That green model that's supposedly on the horizon looks pretty sweet though. My only concern is battery size/life. It's been really good so far, but doesn't compare to what I'm used to with Huawei.
    I was gonna get the black one until I saw both the green and the white. I really want the green but will get the white instead.

Mate 9 is for $400 now...I'm sure it can be gotten by digging in the right places for $325. It's a really, really nice phone.

I do like the look of the Mate 10 Pro but the Mate 10 is very solid.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-11-2017 04:31 PM
    So...I have decided. As much as I like the LG Watch Sport and dislike the idea of two devices from the same OEM, I'm going for Andy's phone and the Huawei watch 2. I really was tempted by the Vivo 3 from Garmin, but I plan to retire my SWR10 for a Fitbit Alta HR that I plan to wear with the screen off and the screen side turned in. I have been using the OG Huawei watch with 2.0 the past few days to prep the transition and the OS still sucks for me in some areas.

But, it is a bit more security updates proof, so I'm going that...plus I wanted something that can take a beating a bit better than the 360.

I think Google mishandled Wear, but I'm not going to Tizen either.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    11-11-2017 04:43 PM
    I almost went with the HW2 as well. I'm curious as to what your impressions of it will be. I know you'll love the build of the EP. Can't wait to hear what you think.

Edit: Just read your earlier post about seeing it at Best Buy. So, you already know what the build quality feels like.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-11-2017 05:06 PM
    Mate 9 is for $400 now...I'm sure it can be gotten by digging in the right places for $325.
    Bummer. Looks like I waited to long to sell mine for a good price. Ha ha
    11-11-2017 05:08 PM
    Bummer. Looks like I waited to long to sell mine for a good price. Ha ha
    Not necessarily. I think you can still get $350 for it...I'm just saying I'd buy one at $325.
    11-11-2017 05:13 PM
    On a different note, walking through Rockefeller Center today, I saw a man using a Lumia 950XL to take a selfie with his family. That's the first XL I've ever seen in the wild.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    11-11-2017 05:13 PM
    Not necessarily. I think you can still get $350 for it...I'm just saying I'd buy one at $325.
    Interested in mine? ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘
    libra89 likes this.
    11-11-2017 05:14 PM
    I almost went with the HW2 as well. I'm curious as to what your impressions of it will be. I know you'll love the build of the EP. Can't wait to hear what you think.

Edit: Just read your earlier post about seeing it at Best Buy. So, you already know what the build quality feels like.
    I've been checking out both the Huawei watch 2 and Andy's phone for the better part of two months in Best Buy. I don't mind how the Watch 2 fits on the wrist, just hate how small the screen is. The design to me is an updated LG G Watch R, which I adored.

I thought about getting the funky grey model with those like green trims, but I won't.
    11-11-2017 05:16 PM
    I've been checking out both the Huawei watch 2 and Andy's phone for the better part of two months in Best Buy. I don't mind how the Watch 2 fits on the wrist, just hate how small the screen is. The design to me is an updated LG G Watch R, which I adored.

I thought about getting the funky grey model with those like green trims, but I won't.
    That screen size was the only reason I didn't get that watch.

I agree. The other two EP colors are pretty funky indeed. Call me crazy, but I want one of each color. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Went through this with the Lumia 920 too. Need to start selling more stuff. And Andy needs to keep dropping the price.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-11-2017 05:21 PM
    That screen size was the only reason I didn't get that watch.

I agree. The other two EP colors are pretty funky indeed. Call me crazy, but I want one of each color. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Went through this with the Lumia 920 too. Need to start selling more stuff. And Andy needs to keep dropping the price.
    I agree - that screen is too damn small.

Having said that, I may be willing to put up with it as long as it can handle the abuse and give good battery life. I really liked the screen on the Watch Sport, but the fact that the bands weren't removable are a big deal to me.

My issue with the 360 is Moto has no plans to really support it, and the battery is so-so. The OG Huawei watch doesn't cut it for me in direct sunlight and 2.0 acts funny on it periodically. I had a few random reboots yesterday for no reason.

So that leaves me with the Watch 2. It uses the same bands as the 360, so that's helpful as I have about 8 different ones.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-11-2017 05:42 PM
    AW2.0 really threw my LG Watch Urbane a curve ball too. Loving it on my Watch Sport though. I wish I could switch up the bands on it, but it is what it is. Hope you like the HW2.
    11-11-2017 05:57 PM
    AW2.0 really threw my LG Watch Urbane a curve ball too. Loving it on my Watch Sport though. I wish I could switch up the bands on it, but it is what it is. Hope you like the HW2.
    Did you get another one?
    libra89 likes this.
    11-11-2017 06:03 PM
    so whats up guys ha long time no see :P i guess taking a year hiatus doesnt seem that long
    11-11-2017 07:14 PM
143,611 ... 55375538553955405541 ...