Black Friday is almost here!

Get the inside track on all the best deals.

looks like its going to be me here for a while. while I'm at it i do wish there was a successor to the surface 3. Mine still runs fine but i wouldn't mind having a newer one.
    My Eve V should be here in a few weeks. I'll probably sell my SP3 when it gets here.
    11-11-2017 10:52 PM
    i see no one has beaten me at my post count. I still rein supreme
    I don't think anyone was really trying
    libra89, N_LaRUE and sahib lopez like this.
    11-11-2017 10:52 PM
    so what you are saying its okay it gets the job done but dont expect the same experience that i have on the 950
    You might want to give the G6 a try Sahib. Or an older Pixel.
    11-11-2017 10:54 PM
    does the v20 have adoptable storage?
    11-11-2017 10:57 PM
    My Eve V should be here in a few weeks. I'll probably sell my SP3 when it gets here.
    im interested in the eve but its a bit to big for mine but will you be doing a mini review :D?
    11-11-2017 10:58 PM
    Doesn't seem like it.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    11-11-2017 10:58 PM
    im interested in the eve but its a bit to big for mine but will you be doing a mini review :D?
    Absolutely. It's basically a Surface Pro clone but with a massive battery and a superb screen.
    11-11-2017 10:59 PM
    You might want to give the G6 a try Sahib. Or an older Pixel.
    the pixel does seem great but i put audio and camera at the top must have features for me and the v20 has both. i am torn between the g6 and the v20 because they are very similar but the g6 has 32 gb of internal storage vs 64 with the v20
    11-11-2017 10:59 PM
    the pixel does seem great but i put audio and camera at the top must have features for me and the v20 has both. i am torn between the g6 and the v20 because they are very similar but the g6 has 32 gb of internal storage vs 64 with the v20
    Yup the G6 had 32GB only.
    Great device though.

Since you brought up the camera, it's the single reason why I have the Pixel.

I got the Pixel 2 yesterday. Haven't got a chance to set it up though.

Maybe tomorrow.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-11-2017 11:01 PM
    so whats up guys ha long time no see :P i guess taking a year hiatus doesnt seem that long
    What did my eyes just see, is that Sahib? You're alive after all, welcome back.
    N_LaRUE, libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    11-12-2017 02:31 AM
    so whats up guys ha long time no see i guess taking a year hiatus doesnt seem that long
    Welcome back and nice to see you're doing well. We had thoughts of sending out a search party at one point.

Congrats on your grad, car, and work. Still no luck with the ladies I see.

Don't know if you have plans to read the previous posts.

I'll give you a very brief run down of my situation.

I have five days left at my current job.

I have 11 days left in the UK.

I sold my house in the UK.

I bought a house in rural France about an hour east of Bordeaux.

No I'm not planning to work in engineering. No I'm not retiring. I'm changing lifestyle.

My property in France requires renovation so will be doing that for a while.

We have plans to do several businesses as a way of having income. Still working that out.

We'll be in temporary accommodation for the first 6 months, maybe.

Yes it's a big change.
    11-12-2017 06:11 AM
    It's like everyone is coming back at once...
    11-12-2017 06:12 AM
    I HAD one.
    Where do you think MIA got his???
    Lol! Sahib can have that same one if he wants to as well. It's still in great shape, outside a few small dings it picked up...

...plus if he plans to get one to tinker, it's one of the best V20s to do so...
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    11-12-2017 07:15 AM
    Welcome back and nice to see you're doing well. We had thoughts of sending out a search party at one point.

No I'm not planning to work in engineering. No I'm not retiring. I'm changing lifestyle.

We have plans to do several businesses as a way of having income. Still working that out.

Yes it's a big change.
    Nice summary. I figured you would have shown up at some point and didn't want to give Sahib the updates on your behalf.
    N_LaRUE, libra89 and sahib lopez like this.
    11-12-2017 07:17 AM
    It doesn't have it enabled, but I believe you can do it. Just have to look in the threads on XDA.

If you plan to get one and tinker with it, there are a few things to know though...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-12-2017 07:19 AM
    i see no one has beaten me at my post count. I still rein supreme
    No one can top you and Nadia here...not by a long shot.

Speaking of Nadi, do you still keep in touch with her?
    11-12-2017 07:20 AM
    If you plan to tinker, you need to read the G6 forums carefully as I hear LG is getting less tinker friendly starting from the G6...
    worldspy99 and Laura Knotek like this.
    11-12-2017 07:23 AM
    If you plan to tinker, you need to read the G6 forums carefully as I hear LG is getting less tinker friendly starting from the G6...
    Yup, they really have started to mess things up.
    Heck even Samsung is easy to flash a bloat free unlocked firmware on a carrier branded version.
    11-12-2017 10:15 AM
    Yup, they really have started to mess things up.
    Heck even Samsung is easy to flash a bloat free unlocked firmware on a carrier branded version.
    If he's gonna go the vanilla route and not tinker, the security patches are more summer 2017 than that mess LG has on the US unlocked. Laura's running on a Jan 2017 patch.

Seriously.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-12-2017 10:23 AM
    That's the thing I still don't like with Android... security updates. There's this big talk about that and yet it is such a pain to choose a device that you want and know you'll always get updates through the life of the product.

It won't change until people start demanding updates as a part of the process, but the average consumer doesn't give two ****s about updates...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-12-2017 11:11 AM
    yup i blame work mainly sprint and the other place. too many hours there not enough time to do anything. :/
    Laura Knotek, N_LaRUE and Rose640 like this.
    11-12-2017 12:39 PM

Yes it's a big change.
    i plan to read what i missed since i got time now :P
    wow a lot has happened in a year for you. I do have a question why France?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-12-2017 12:44 PM
    That's the thing I still don't like with Android... security updates. There's this big talk about that and yet it is such a pain to choose a device that you want and know you'll always get updates through the life of the product.

It won't change until people start demanding updates as a part of the process, but the average consumer doesn't give two ****s about updates...
    if there anything I've learned from the average consumer is that they think Samsung is android. :/ say if they get a LG phone they ask if it runs Samsung. :/
    Last edited by sahib lopez; 11-12-2017 at 02:17 PM. Reason: added a word twice
    libra89 likes this.
    11-12-2017 12:46 PM
    It doesn't have it enabled, but I believe you can do it. Just have to look in the threads on XDA.

If you plan to get one and tinker with it, there are a few things to know though...
    nah i don't plan on rooting and changing stuff. If that is the case, I'm sliding more towards the Lg v20 because of the storage it has
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-12-2017 12:48 PM

Yes it's a big change.
    probably my only big change was my car LOL !!! well i was concentrating on landing a job ive always wanted and now I have it :)
    11-12-2017 12:51 PM
145,170 ... 55415542554355445545 ...