I don't envy you, yet I do. Ha ha
    Packing for a cross town move is a pain. I can imagine that packing for a move to a different country would be a pain to the 10th degree. But, it's got to feel pretty cool to be moving to France.
    I've moved around a lot in my adult life. I've lost track of how many times I've moved. Never enjoyed it.

The least stressful I've had is when I didn't have to do anything, unfortunately that was only twice in my life.

I prefer to move with only clothes when moving overseas as it's expensive to move stuff. However this time since we're sort of close we decided to move stuff this time. So it's increased the stress a touch. We've reduced the stuff but there's always more than you think.

It's also dealing with a storage place in another country that doesn't speak your language. It's been interesting...

As for moving to France we're looking forward to it. We're hoping things go smoothly but we both know that when it comes to renovation, nothing is straightforward.
    11-20-2017 03:47 AM
    I've moved around a lot in my adult life. I've lost track of how many times I've moved. Never enjoyed it.

The least stressful I've had is when I didn't have to do anything, unfortunately that was only twice in my life.

I prefer to move with only clothes when moving overseas as it's expensive to move stuff. However this time since we're sort of close we decided to move stuff this time. So it's increased the stress a touch. We've reduced the stuff but there's always more than you think.

It's also dealing with a storage place in another country that doesn't speak your language. It's been interesting...

As for moving to France we're looking forward to it. We're hoping things go smoothly but we both know that when it comes to renovation, nothing is straightforward.
    My wife and I moved to our home here in Northwest Arkansas almost a decade ago. The rest of my family is back in Louisiana. When we left, we got this feeling that our families were kind of upset with us for breaking away from the norm and moving so far away. Almost as if we were traitors. Ha ha I could only imagine the reaction we would have gotten if we had decided to move to another country. Did you get any reaction like that from your family members?

Just taking your clothes with you sounds like my kind of moving. πŸ‘πŸ˜‚ The few times I've moved, I've always shed more than I've moved with me. My wife holds onto everything though. We still have a few of her unpacked boxes in the garage that have been packed for going on 8 years now. Lol From where you live now, how long does it take you to get to your new place? Are you just loading everything up and driving there?

I've always wanted to buy a fixer upper and work on it as a hobby. Having it as our full time home would be pretty stressful. I hope you get off and running with it quickly, and that you don't hit any serious snags along the way. I'll be curious to see how things progress. Best of luck to you.
    11-20-2017 05:35 AM

I was in a position where I had to downsize. I let a lot of good stuff go because the financial math at the time didn't make sense for me to put all those things in storage. I was more sad than anything else in having to do that, but when you remember you can replace these things, it makes it easier.

Moving is never fun. I don't care what anyone says.
    11-20-2017 06:19 AM
    Pixel 2 shots.
    Not shabby at all.
    Portrait photos are awesome but not posting those here.

Sunset at Malibu Beach
    Pepperdine University campus in Malibu
    Hindu temple in Calabasashttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...1842293172.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...2672449ff8.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...af0056daad.jpg

Beautiful shots!
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    11-20-2017 07:16 AM
    Dude, USA is behind us, he finished his Saturday
    Wasn't paying attention to the hours at all.
    Laura Knotek and fatclue_98 like this.
    11-20-2017 08:58 AM
    I'm nervous for my first day at my new job :P but it's been like that for me πŸ˜…

Sent from mTalk using Alcatel Idol 4s
    Good luck on the new job!
    11-20-2017 08:59 AM
    If there was one thing i hated was working on the weekends. I never worked Sundays at cricket because that was my only condition i set. The other jobs i had to work Saturday and Sunday:/

That must've been a PITA for sure.
    11-20-2017 09:00 AM
    That must've been a PITA for sure.
    Ive missed a few outings and parties and other fun stuff because of working on the weekends :/

N_LaRUE, Rose640 and fatclue_98 like this.
    11-20-2017 09:57 AM
    My commute now seems alot more longer but the time difference in locations is only 5 minutes. I will get used to it ....i hope

N_LaRUE, libra89 and fatclue_98 like this.
    11-20-2017 09:59 AM
    Packing, packing, more packing....

Rinse, repeat next day...
    It's Windows forum so you know, "It will be worth the wait"
    11-20-2017 10:07 AM
    Where are you working now Sahib? Also congrats on your LG V30, it looks like a beast.
    11-20-2017 10:10 AM
    I do wonder whats that chair story as to why its there on the last picture

I really couldn't tell why the chair was there!
    There were a few other chairs around the entrances but that is for people to sit down to remove and wear their shoes. It is customary to not wear shoes inside temples.
    MSFTisMIA and sahib lopez like this.
    11-20-2017 10:52 AM
    It's Windows forum so you know, "It will be worth the wait"
    Actually I bet today it "seems faster"
    11-20-2017 10:52 AM
    It's not really faster but it feels way better, I finally got my MX Master 2S home. Size comparison with my old one, which is also Logitech and still working fine but I decided to upgrade :)
    11-20-2017 11:17 AM
    It's not really faster but it feels way better, I finally got my MX Master 2S home. Size comparison with my old one, which is also Logitech and still working fine but I decided to upgrade :)https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...1cee463ed4.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...c6ad35894b.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a38771bb9d.jpg
    Nice mouse. ☺️
    libra89 likes this.
    11-20-2017 12:46 PM
    My wife and I moved to our home here in Northwest Arkansas almost a decade ago. The rest of my family is back in Louisiana. When we left, we got this feeling that our families were kind of upset with us for breaking away from the norm and moving so far away. Almost as if we were traitors. Ha ha I could only imagine the reaction we would have gotten if we had decided to move to another country. Did you get any reaction like that from your family members?

Just taking your clothes with you sounds like my kind of moving. The few times I've moved, I've always shed more than I've moved with me. My wife holds onto everything though. We still have a few of her unpacked boxes in the garage that have been packed for going on 8 years now. Lol From where you live now, how long does it take you to get to your new place? Are you just loading everything up and driving there?

I've always wanted to buy a fixer upper and work on it as a hobby. Having it as our full time home would be pretty stressful. I hope you get off and running with it quickly, and that you don't hit any serious snags along the way. I'll be curious to see how things progress. Best of luck to you.
    What my family thought... We'll I cold probably say a few things, none of them good...

My brother and I don't really get along (because we're completely different) and I'm not fond of his wife either so I don't really care what they think.

My sister and I are ok but not that close either. To say we're not a close knit family is a truth.

My sister tries to keep peace with brother which isn't always easy.

The only person I really care about is my mother and I know it was/had been hard but in a way I got her out of her comfort zone a bit and made her travel overseas. Which is a good thing. She's promising to come to France.

But in truth, if you want to move overseas, do it for your own reasons, preferably before you have kids and enjoy the experience with no expectation that your family will understand or visit.

That's the truth.
    11-20-2017 04:00 PM
    One more day! God, I'm looking forward to that day off in Wednesday. Plan to do the grocery shopping tomorrow.
    libra89, Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    11-20-2017 05:32 PM
    Wear 2.0 has been pretty janky on the OG Huawei watch. I've been missing notifications on it for sure. I'm hopeful that if I get the Watch 2 that doesn't happen.

I think I'll test it with the Mi Note 2 and reset the Wear app and both watches.
    11-20-2017 07:16 PM
    Wear 2.0 has been pretty janky on the OG Huawei watch. I've been missing notifications on it for sure. I'm hopeful that if I get the Watch 2 that doesn't happen.

I think I'll test it with the Mi Note 2 and reset the Wear app and both watches.
    Have you given any thought to a Samsung Gear S2 or S3? Tizen will surprise you in a major way. I was skeptical, if not downright snarky, about it and I ate some virtual crow when I realized how good and how stable it is.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-20-2017 07:44 PM
    Does anybody else like this song?
    I know it's dated, but....
    11-20-2017 08:00 PM
    Does anybody else like this song?
    I know it's dated, but....
    One of my favorite songs from back in the day.
    11-20-2017 08:10 PM
    One of my favorite songs from back in the day.
    Mine too. 😁
    worldspy99 and Laura Knotek like this.
    11-20-2017 08:10 PM
    Mine too.
    I've been listening to AC/DC for the last few days
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-20-2017 08:12 PM
    Where are you working now Sahib? Also congrats on your LG V30, it looks like a beast.
    I'm working at a shipping company for mac parts and computers :) I'm testing the hardware we get

11-20-2017 08:13 PM
    I've been listening to AC/DC for the last few days
    Me too. I've been playing The Razor's Edge album on and off. That album came out right when I was coming of age musically. Lots of good memories.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-20-2017 08:17 PM
142,747 ... 55605561556255635564 ...