Standing in the line at "Whole Paycheck" (Whole Foods) and Blueberry Hill comes on...man, long love the legacy of "The Fat Man" indeed...
    11-22-2017 09:31 AM
    I have made 0 efforts to check my work phone. Ah, it feels good keeping that thing turned off.
    libra89, sahib lopez and N_LaRUE like this.
    11-22-2017 09:36 AM
    I have made 0 efforts to check my work phone. Ah, it feels good keeping that thing turned off.
    Since my phone currently doesn't have the apps for work i get a pass for now that means i don't get any work notifications 😀

Sent from mTalk using Alcatel Idol 4s
    libra89 likes this.
    11-22-2017 10:01 AM
    Only working today and get the next 4 days off 😁

MSFTisMIA and libra89 like this.
    11-22-2017 10:02 AM
    Watched an interesting video about a guy having a conversation with his wife about why he doesn't cheat. He said that he loves her but even just saying that as a reason not to is a copout (and not taking responsibility for your actions). Not trying to bring up anything here, but he had a great question that can apply to most actions.

His question was "And then what?" An example he used was him being sober. He could have the thought to have a drink because it seems like it would be a good idea and then what? Would it be worth it, for him to feel worse? I found this to be powerful, especially when it comes to certain things.

Of course the comments were mixed but I think I'll borrow that because sometimes the idea of certain things is nicer than the actual thing after the fact.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    11-22-2017 10:03 AM
    Watched an interesting video about a guy having a conversation with his wife about why he doesn't cheat. He said that he loves her but even just saying that as a reason not to is a copout (and not taking responsibility for your actions). Not trying to bring up anything here, but he had a great question that can apply to most actions.

His question was "And then what?" An example he used was him being sober. He could have the thought to have a drink because it seems like it would be a good idea and then what? Would it be worth it, for him to feel worse? I found this to be powerful, especially when it comes to certain things.

Of course the comments were mixed but I think I'll borrow that because sometimes the idea of certain things is nicer than the actual thing after the fact.
    One of my favorite speakers, Delbert Boone once said loosely: "the getting high part I didn't mind, what I didn't like was dealing with the coming down part".

It's essentially the same sort of thing. There's lots of sex, drugs, material things to he had in this world...and sometimes the biggest part of the rush people get comes from the pursuit of these things and not necessarily the actual moment attainment. The issue is the feelings of achievement don't last with these things, but the fallout usually does.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-22-2017 10:13 AM
    One of my favorite speakers, Delbert Boone once said loosely: "the getting high part I didn't mind, what I didn't like was dealing with the coming down part".

It's essentially the same sort of thing. There's lots of sex, drugs, material things to he had in this world...and sometimes the biggest part of the rush people get comes from the pursuit of these things and not necessarily the actual moment attainment. The issue is the feelings of achievement don't last with these things, but the fallout usually does.
    Hmm, never realized that but you're so right. The fallout really does.

I think back to some dumb things I have done (just in retrospect) and some of it was so not worth it haha. Like over-drafting my account to have fun one time. I don't even remember what I bought with it, but once was enough. My bank had the thing that if you overdraft, you don't pay fees, it just takes from savings to make up for the difference.
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    11-22-2017 10:31 AM
    Only working today and get the next 4 days off

Nice!
    11-22-2017 10:38 AM

I think back to some dumb things I have done (just in retrospect) and some of it was so not worth it haha. Like over-drafting my account to have fun one time. I don't even remember what I bought with it, but once was enough. My bank had the thing that if you overdraft, you don't pay fees, it just takes from savings to make up for the difference.
    You might be interested in this documentary about Jim Carrey losing himself in the character of Andy Kaufman. Then, once filming was over, he had no idea who he was or what he was supposed to be. Very good show.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-22-2017 10:44 AM
    You might be interested in this documentary about Jim Carrey losing himself in the character of Andy Kaufman. Then, once filming was over, he had no idea who he was or what he was supposed to be. Very good show.
    Hmm interesting. I'm curious, thank you for sharing it with me!
    Scienceguy Labs likes this.
    11-22-2017 10:52 AM
    Ironically I have actually been to Winnemucca :-)
    11-22-2017 11:47 AM
    Only working today and get the next 4 days off

Same here.
    Off in about an hour and then back on Monday, well actually on a plane on Monday morning.
    Laura Knotek and sahib lopez like this.
    11-22-2017 11:48 AM
    I'm not surprised. Hence you'll always see me post anytime you talk about crazy traveling schedule...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-22-2017 12:10 PM

Everything you do is worth it if you learn from it. Regrets are reserved only for those times when others get hurt.
    11-22-2017 02:03 PM
    Everything you do is worth it if you learn from it. Regrets are reserved only for those times when others get hurt.
    That's a great way to look at it.
    fatclue_98 and Laura Knotek like this.
    11-22-2017 02:47 PM
    Just got to Desert Hot Springs after 4+ hours to drive 142 miles in horrible Thanksgiving LA traffic!

Going to soak in the mineral pools.
    11-22-2017 06:28 PM
    Just got to Desert Hot Springs after 4+ hours to drive 142 miles in horrible Thanksgiving LA traffic!

I guess the ends justify the means.
    Laura Knotek and worldspy99 like this.
    11-22-2017 08:16 PM
    It's always humbling to see the old (Cambodian) master.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    11-22-2017 09:29 PM

Ooh, I'd love a mineral pool bath now. It's really cold here.
    fatclue_98 and libra89 like this.
    11-22-2017 09:47 PM
    I guess the ends justify the means.
    Oh, it was an absolutely fabulous experience!
    Quite relaxed right now.
    11-22-2017 10:01 PM
    Ooh, I'd love a mineral pool bath now. It's really cold here.
    We're still in the upper 80s. It doesn't feel like Thanksgiving, it feels like any other holiday. Might as well be Memorial Day.
    11-22-2017 10:24 PM
    We're still in the upper 80s. It doesn't feel like Thanksgiving, it feels like any other holiday. Might as well be Memorial Day.
    I need to take a trip to Miami. I hate cold weather.
    N_LaRUE, libra89 and fatclue_98 like this.
    11-23-2017 12:22 AM
    Happy Thanksgiving to the US folks and Happy Thursday to everyone else!
    11-23-2017 06:39 AM
    Happy Thanksgiving USA peeps.
    11-23-2017 09:30 AM
    I need to take a trip to Miami. I hate cold weather.
    If you do, kindly bring D-Wade back home with you.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-23-2017 09:42 AM
143,653 ... 55645565556655675568 ...