Holy cow, it's a beautiful looking place, @N_LaRUE
    Really cool that you and your wife are going on this adventure. I really look forward to seeing the progress you make on the place. Plus, my wife and I want to book a week over the summer.
    It looks okay. Not my style at all. It's a classic British person doing a what they think it's a French farm house style.

No French person would ever buy this place. 🤣

It's got zero insulation.
    11-26-2017 07:32 AM
    It looks okay. Not my style at all. It's a classic British person doing a what they think it's a French farm house style.

No French person would ever buy this place. 🤣

It's got zero insulation.
    Yeah. I understand why you would not like the decor. It's not something I'd like either. I was mainly talking about the layout of the room and that charred fireplace. When will you start remodeling?
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    11-26-2017 07:38 AM
    Yeah. I understand why you would not like the decor. It's not something I'd like either. I was mainly talking about the layout of the room and that charred fireplace. When will you start remodeling?
    This is our temporary accommodation. Our house looks a lot rougher...

We won't start on it place until mid December probably.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    11-26-2017 07:54 AM
    This is our temporary accommodation. Our house looks a lot rougher...

We won't start on it place until mid December probably.
    Sorry about that. I just re-read your previous post. I didn't realize that this was the temporary place.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-26-2017 08:26 AM
    Sorry about that. I just re-read your previous post. I didn't realize that this was the temporary place.
    Rue bought a true fixer-upper for sure. I wish him well and am curious to see how it turns out.

Deep in the annals of the thread he's posted before and after photos of his UK house...so he's got a clue or two what to do. I'm kinda jealous of him but hopefully one day I can do something like that.
    11-26-2017 08:52 AM
    Rue bought a true fixer-upper for sure. I wish him well and am curious to see how it turns out.

Deep in the annals of the thread he's posted before and after photos of his UK house...so he's got a clue or two what to do. I'm kinda jealous of him but hopefully one day I can do something like that.
    Me too. I've always wanted to do something like that. Not in my cards right now. Maybe some day.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-26-2017 08:55 AM
    Me too. I've always wanted to do something like that. Not in my cards right now. Maybe some day.
    I was raised in a culture where it wasn't about home ownership, it's about land ownership. If you don't own the land your home is on, anyone can kick you out. We were taught to buy the land first and then you can build the house to your satisfaction.
    11-26-2017 09:00 AM
    I was raised in a culture where it wasn't about home ownership, it's about land ownership. If you don't own the land your home is on, anyone can kick you out. We were taught to buy the land first and then you can build the house to your satisfaction.
    Good way of doing things. We own the little 2 acres our house is on, but I grew up in a house with trees and lots of land. I miss that. Subdivisions just don't do it for me. I'd love to own some land in the near future.
    Laura Knotek and MSFTisMIA like this.
    11-26-2017 10:39 AM
    No worries.

If our place was in this condition it wouldn't need much work. Just kitchen and some other bits.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-26-2017 11:16 AM
    In the UK houses can be either freehold or land lease. The lease usually is 100 years but it means you don't own the land. I'm not sure if you're leasing from council or someone else.
    11-26-2017 11:20 AM
    In the UK houses can be either freehold or land lease. The lease usually is 100 years but it means you don't own the land. I'm not sure if you're leasing from council or someone else.
    That wouldn't do for me. I'd rather own the land outright. Doesn't matter the size - as long as it's mine and can be kept in the family. That's what was drilled into me as the real key for land ownership. I've seen the fallout when people steal other's land because of it too.

I don't care to own a home if the land it's on isn't mine.
    11-26-2017 02:24 PM
    I saw King Crimson on Saturday. It was awesome.
    11-26-2017 08:53 PM
    Didn't know they were still touring!

... !
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    11-26-2017 09:40 PM
    Didn't know they were still touring!

... !
    It's a new lineup with 3 drummers! Mel Collins from the Lizard era band is also with them again.

Scienceguy Labs and raycpl like this.
    11-26-2017 09:44 PM
    11-27-2017 01:28 AM
    Morning all!
    Hi there! Nice to see you. ☺️
    Muessig and libra89 like this.
    11-27-2017 02:06 AM
    Hi there! Nice to see you. ☺️
    Hey Laura!

Man its cold here in the UK recently. Winter is here and we've had a light dusting of snow over the weekend and freezing temperatures, which is looking likely to stay for a while. Bring on the summer.
    Laura Knotek, N_LaRUE and libra89 like this.
    11-27-2017 02:08 AM
    Hey Laura!

Man its cold here in the UK recently. Winter is here and we've had a light dusting of snow over the weekend and freezing temperatures, which is looking likely to stay for a while. Bring on the summer.
    Yuck! It's been cold here as well, currently 2°C, but no snow. I prefer summer as well.
    Muessig likes this.
    11-27-2017 02:28 AM
    Went out to dinner last night. Not something we plan to make a habit of. However, the food was good.

dsc_0957.jpgdsc_0958.jpgdsc_0959.jpg
    11-27-2017 03:03 AM
    Yuck! It's been cold here as well, currently 2°C, but no snow. I prefer summer as well.
    We're freezing here. -3C overnnight again. It's a real cold snap here at the moment.

I moved here for warmer weather!!!
    Laura Knotek and Muessig like this.
    11-27-2017 03:05 AM
    Went out to dinner last night. Not something we plan to make a habit of. However, the food was good.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0957.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	67.4 KB 
ID:	138181Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0958.JPG 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	138182Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0959.JPG 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	138183
    That looks delicious!☺️
    N_LaRUE and libra89 like this.
    11-27-2017 03:14 AM
    That looks delicious!
    It was very good! Really enjoyed it.

Even the food at highway services is good. Got to love France for their food standards.

We're going to have a special dinner once we have the house as a celebration. Then be a bit more careful with the cash.

We also have Christmas dinner to sort out as we have guests coming.
    Laura Knotek and sahib lopez like this.
    11-27-2017 03:20 AM
    It was very good! Really enjoyed it.

Even the food at highway services is good. Got to love France for their food standards.

We're going to have a special dinner once we have the house as a celebration. Then be a bit more careful with the cash.

We also have Christmas dinner to sort out as we have guests coming.
    I've never tried any French food. What do you recommend I try at a restaurant?
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    11-27-2017 03:31 AM
    I've never tried any French food. What do you recommend I try at a restaurant?
    What kind of food don't you like?
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 11-28-2017 at 03:59 AM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-27-2017 04:11 AM
    11-27-2017 05:33 AM
144,483 ... 55695570557155725573 ...