Well The Verge posted a review of the Eve V. I should be getting mine in the next batch of shipments either late December or early January.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/11/28/...-laptop-review

I thought it was a pretty balance review overall. Some of the negatives don't bother me as much. I think it will be a good replacement for my aging SP3.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    11-28-2017 09:29 AM
    I'm thinking of getting a Slickwraps skin for my Pixel 2 to make it look like the Panda Pixel. Can't change button colors but still it should make the phone look unique.

And maybe the marble skin on the Essential to make is safe from the 360 camera micro scratch issues.
    11-28-2017 10:47 AM
    I'm tired...and it's only Tuesday...
    Laura Knotek, libra89 and Rose640 like this.
    11-28-2017 03:59 PM
    All of the stuff ordered (from Black Friday) fits and I really like most of it. That says a lot for clothes, since I don't really like clothes shopping. Returning 2 things, but already ordered their replacements...yesterday haha. To be fair, these are work clothes replacements.
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    11-28-2017 05:47 PM
    I can't justify the iPhone X so I got the S8 instead. My first Samsung mobile...
    11-28-2017 06:41 PM
    I can't justify the iPhone X so I got the S8 instead. My first Samsung mobile...
    I doubt very many can justify that price...
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    11-28-2017 06:59 PM
    All of the stuff ordered (from Black Friday) fits and I really like most of it. That says a lot for clothes, since I don't really like clothes shopping. Returning 2 things, but already ordered their replacements...yesterday haha. To be fair, these are work clothes replacements.
    Good to hear. It's nice to hear that your shopping went well.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    11-28-2017 07:00 PM
    Finally got to the hotel from work. It's 7 PM now. Left at 7:45AM. Still need to get dinner.
    11-28-2017 07:01 PM
    If I were to say one dish that is typically French it would be duck confit.

Depends if you like duck.
    Thanks for the recommendation. I've never had duck, but I've love to try it. ☺️
    11-28-2017 07:12 PM
    Congrats! Please share your impressions of it. Why the S8, if I can ask? It's a nice phone but I'm just curious.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-28-2017 07:22 PM
    Finally got to the hotel from work. It's 7 PM now. Left at 7:45AM. Still need to get dinner.
    Enjoy. I'm about to eat mine...3 meat (beef, veal, lamb) meatloaf.
    11-28-2017 07:38 PM
    Congrats! Please share your impressions of it. Why the S8, if I can ask? It's a nice phone but I'm just curious.
    The Samsung was never in the picture and my mind was set on the iPhone X. But when i was playing around with the unit it was iOS all over again which to me offered nothing new and since CarPlay is useless in my country i lost interest. That's when i checked out the Samsung. Initially i wanted the Note 8 as my first, but i find it too big so i went for the S8. I find the unit good with one major gripe. I wanted something with ANT+ and MirrorLink so functionality is a win for me.

So, to the bright mind who decided to put the fingerprint sensor adjacent to the camera, you rock!

#Sarcasm
    11-28-2017 08:11 PM
    Wow long day o_o I hope you can get some food.

Edit: I hope you did have some by now.
    Laura Knotek and worldspy99 like this.
    11-28-2017 08:34 PM
    The Samsung was never in the picture and my mind was set on the iPhone X. But when i was playing around with the unit it was iOS all over again which to me offered nothing new and since CarPlay is useless in my country i lost interest. That's when i checked out the Samsung. Initially i wanted the Note 8 as my first, but i find it too big so i went for the S8. I find the unit good with one major gripe. I wanted something with ANT+ and MirrorLink so functionality is a win for me.

So, to the bright mind who decided to put the fingerprint sensor adjacent to the camera, you rock!

#Sarcasm
    Ooh okay, I can understand that. That's true about iOS in this case with X. I'm glad that what you needed to have worked out for you. I can agree with the placement of the sensor, hopefully that would be better in the next generation.
    azcruz likes this.
    11-28-2017 08:40 PM
    It was good. Not dry at all.
    11-28-2017 09:07 PM

#Sarcasm
    I know the name of the engineers who did this...

...Tim Cook and Johnny Ive...
    11-28-2017 09:10 PM
    Wow long day o_o I hope you can get some food.

Edit: I hope you did have some by now.
    Thanks. I posted pics over at AC. I will post them in the eats thread as well here on WC soon.
    11-28-2017 10:19 PM
    I know the name of the engineers who did this...

...Tim Cook and Johnny Ive...
    Something tells me that one's an accountant and another a designer i.e. neither one of them is actually an engineer.
    libra89, Laura Knotek and azcruz like this.
    11-28-2017 10:28 PM
    Man that sounds good. The missus makes beef, pork and turkey meatloaf but that combo's got me seriously re-evaluating the situation. Unfortunately lamb can be difficult to find around here unless you luck out at a Jamaican grocery store.

Sent from my Idol 4S on mTalk
    11-28-2017 11:15 PM
    Man that sounds good. The missus makes beef, pork and turkey meatloaf but that combo's got me seriously re-evaluating the situation. Unfortunately lamb can be difficult to find around here unless you luck out at a Jamaican grocery store.

Sent from my Idol 4S on mTalk
    It came out pretty good. I've had the combo before where I did one with a roux and mushrooms years ago. I just kept it simple this time. I use a meatball sauce to keep mine moist and instead of brushing it on the top for color I mix it directly into the meatloaf.
    11-29-2017 06:50 AM
    It's Wednesday and I feel more tired than I was yesterday. This is just one of those busy, grind it out weeks. Sigh.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-29-2017 06:51 AM
    What an interesting morning, news wise.
    11-29-2017 07:16 AM
    What an interesting morning, news wise.
    If we have the same 2 things in mind, I agree...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-29-2017 07:21 AM
    If we have the same 2 things in mind, I agree...
    I should blog about it. I'll state here that I was reading stuff about him being phased out because of being a bit difficult to deal with years ago, so this is very, very interesting...
    11-29-2017 07:55 AM
    I should blog about it. I'll state here that I was reading stuff about him being phased out because of being a bit difficult to deal with years ago, so this is very, very interesting...
    Please do! I'll like to read what you'll have to say on it.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-29-2017 08:14 AM
142,762 ... 55725573557455755576 ...