Yep, I saw Juan's video but not the top one (so thanks for sharing it). I really have to agree with them on what the recode article was implying. I haven't watched a video of Solider Knows Best or HighSnobity but I enjoy Uravgconsumer (and his wife), and occasionally watch videos from Booredatwork. The words that they use to describe their channels is nonsense, like it has me thinking that they have never watched a video of theirs ever.

It really annoys me because it sounds like they aren't allowing them to be multidimensional. They just took their stupid assumptions based on how they look like and ran with it. WTF. It grinds me.
    The article was filled with microaggressions, which can often be some of the most subtle yet damaging types of covert prejudice.

I like booredatwork and uravgconsumer. Solid stuff indeed. It's one of the reasons why there are certain brands I don't use because of the social elitism that is attached to them by some of their users. Have no time for that junk. It's not a matter of always merely enjoying tech for tech's sake in some cases...

...sad to see this still exists in 2017, but it still does...
    12-03-2017 02:23 PM
    The article was filled with microaggressions, which can often be some of the most subtle yet damaging types of covert prejudice.

I like booredatwork and uravgconsumer. Solid stuff indeed. It's one of the reasons why there are certain brands I don't use because of the social elitism that is attached to them by some of their users. Have no time for that junk. It's not a matter of always merely enjoying tech for tech's sake in some cases...

...sad to see this still exists in 2017, but it still does...
    Well said.
    Last edited by libra89; 12-03-2017 at 06:53 PM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-03-2017 03:54 PM
    I started a gratitude journal recently and it's been surprising. I have heard this idea before but I never thought about writing what I'm grateful for that is specific to that particular day. That really does seem to make a difference.

Some days I have doubted that I would have something to write but then I end up having something to write xd Somehow I have been at this for a week, which is interesting since I try things and I fall off really quickly.
    12-03-2017 06:53 PM
    My back is sore. Did way too many chores today. Put up the Christmas tree today and the lights. Also set up a laser projector for Christmas lights on the house. A few other odds and ends as well.
    But it was a fun weekend though.
    12-03-2017 11:10 PM
    My back is sore. Did way too many chores today. Put up the Christmas tree today and the lights. Also set up a laser projector for Christmas lights on the house. A few other odds and ends as well.
    I hope you'll be feeling better soon! Please share some pictures of the holiday decorations. 🎄
    libra89 likes this.
    12-03-2017 11:28 PM
    I hope you'll be feeling better soon! Please share some pictures of the holiday decorations.
    I'll try and take some pictures tomorrow.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-03-2017 11:28 PM
    I hope that you feel better soon as well. Sounds like you had a productive weekend!
    worldspy99 and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-03-2017 11:54 PM
    Funny, we've put some decorations up yesterday. Going to see about a tree this week.

I don't normally do the whole Xmas thing but we have guests coming so might as well make it nice.
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 12-04-2017 at 06:09 AM.
    12-04-2017 04:17 AM
    The Olive Garden where I took the GF for her birthday way before we started dating closed.

I think those chain style restaurants are indicative of the shifting times...people are less interested in the old block ways (AKA those singular style brands). In the case of Olive Garden types, the more traditional restaurants offer better value than casual dining and people are eating at home and preparing meals (themselves or meal delivery services). I liked Uno's and TGIF's, but don't go there anymore either.

In the case of department stores, better value is had shopping online. It's been interesting watching those iconic industry brands and concepts trying to survive in these times.
    Chain retardants are still big in the UK. But the offering from them is not too bad. I think they're popular because they didn't have any for so long... Now there's a flood of them.

Here in France there's not too many chains. There's at least two that I know of that are country wide. This is restaurants, not snack places.

As for shopping. I'm 50/50 still on the whole online thing. Some things work well online, others don't and though I've never been a huge fan of malls, it's nice to go out occasionally to see things in person.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-04-2017 06:16 AM
    Chain retardants are still big in the UK. But the offering from them is not too bad. I think they're popular because they didn't have any for so long... Now there's a flood of them.

Here in France there's not too many chains. There's at least two that I know of that are country wide. This is restaurants, not snack places.

As for shopping. I'm 50/50 still on the whole online thing. Some things work well online, others don't and though I've never been a huge fan of malls, it's nice to go out occasionally to see things in person.
    Depending on the item, I may look at it in the store and troll online for a cheaper price. I still think some things are better bought in person, but the fact that apparently this happened due to concerns about Amazon shows the power of online shopping.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/04/cvs-...-benefits.html
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-04-2017 07:56 AM
    Depending on the item, I may look at it in the store and troll online for a cheaper price. I still think some things are better bought in person, but the fact that apparently this happened due to concerns about Amazon shows the power of online shopping.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/04/cvs-...-benefits.html
    Wow I heard about this but haven't read about it yet. I wonder if will be allowed to happen..

I agree with your point here. For me, I prefer online when it comes to smaller things. My personal favorite is ordering online and picking it up in person.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-04-2017 08:48 AM
    Trying to find a car is always a painful process regardless which country you live in... Sigh.
    12-04-2017 09:35 AM
    Trying to find a car is always a painful process regardless which country you live in... Sigh.
    We're going through that as well.
    Trying to figure out what to get itself is maddening.
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-04-2017 09:36 AM
    Good luck! Sounds like you're not much of a brand loyalist...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-04-2017 09:58 AM
    Between your back and my knee, Big Pharma has nothing to worry about. Be well my friend.
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-04-2017 10:18 AM
    Installed Microsoft Launcher last night and personalized it a bit, and added Rugos Premium UI icon pack to it. It looks a lot better than Nova did, transitions are hell of a lot smoother, and the whole experience feels a bit more modern.

Only thing I liked more about Nova is that it allows much more personalition.
    12-04-2017 10:28 AM
    Wow I heard about this but haven't read about it yet. I wonder if will be allowed to happen..

I agree with your point here. For me, I prefer online when it comes to smaller things. My personal favorite is ordering online and picking it up in person.
    It's gonna happen, trust me. Trump administration won't block this primarily since these aren't two companies in the same direct industry. I've got some serious reservations, but this administration has a habit of making serious reservations come true, so...
    12-04-2017 12:42 PM
    Between your back and my knee, Big Pharma has nothing to worry about. Be well my friend.
    I hope you both are quickly on the mend.
    12-04-2017 12:44 PM
    Good luck, I find it quite fun process though . Going after that BMW you have been looking for couple of years now? :D
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-04-2017 12:53 PM
    Installed Microsoft Launcher last night and personalized it a bit, and added Rugos Premium UI icon pack to it. It looks a lot better than Nova did, transitions are hell of a lot smoother, and the whole experience feels a bit more modern.

Only thing I liked more about Nova is that it allows much more personalition.
    For me, it's Nova...or whatever stock launcher the phone came with. I used to use Arrow in beta, but I've passed since.
    12-04-2017 05:29 PM
    For me, it's Nova...or whatever stock launcher the phone came with. I used to use Arrow in beta, but I've passed since.
    I use Nova on all my Android devices.
    MSFTisMIA, fatclue_98 and libra89 like this.
    12-04-2017 05:32 PM
    Just saw a little bit of Dr. Carla Hayden's (current Librarian of Congress) story on the local news and I'm amazed. I love that she is into history too. I'm squealing on the inside.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-04-2017 06:52 PM
    Just saw a little bit of Dr. Carla Hayden's (current Librarian of Congress) story on the local news and I'm amazed. I love that she is into history too. I'm squealing on the inside.
    That sounds interesting. I'd be interested in watching that story.
    libra89 likes this.
    12-04-2017 07:57 PM
    That sounds interesting. I'd be interested in watching that story.
    It is! Now you can check it out since they posted it on the site:

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...461949983.html

It's a video under 5 minutes.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-04-2017 10:01 PM
    It is! Now you can check it out since they posted it on the site:

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...461949983.html

It's a video under 5 minutes.
    Thanks for the link. ☺️ I'll check it out.
    libra89 likes this.
    12-04-2017 10:32 PM
145,818 ... 55815582558355845585 ...