Woop finally some first party apps! I dont care about half of them but still great to see some love for the platform finally :)
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    10-22-2013 06:20 AM
    Can't afford the tap 11!
    Its probably crap anyways! I mean it is a Sony tablet :P
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    10-22-2013 06:21 AM
    If I am honest to myself, I really don't know where to fit a tablet into my life.

I have very little exposure to commercials, I never watch TV, I have adblock active while browsing, I don't listen to radio, however in this case I think the only reason why I even consider buying a tablet is that I read tech news and tablets are hyped very much at the moment.

I shouldn't buy a tablet.
    10-22-2013 06:24 AM
    If I am honest to myself, I really don't know where to fit a tablet into my life.

I have very little exposure to commercials, I never watch TV, I have adblock active while browsing, I don't listen to radio, however in this case I think the only reason why I even consider buying a tablet is that I read tech news and tablets are hyped very much at the moment.

I shouldn't buy a tablet.
    I bought a tablet for two reasons. One it was for my wife and her work. It's easier to carry a tablet around than a laptop for doing some 'simple' things. Second I use it when traveling. It's for the same reason. I don't need to do more than search, view maps, write a quick email, use a local app or post to Facebook/Twitter while I'm away. So it suits those situations for me. The bigger screen (I have a 10") is nice when doing certain tasks.
    Chregu likes this.
    10-22-2013 06:32 AM
    The Nokia ads are really well done. Microsoft could learn a lot from Nokia's marketing.
    10-22-2013 06:45 AM
    Not keen on the look of the Nokia Tablet compared to the Surface 2 however that screen spec impressive!!!
    10-22-2013 06:59 AM
    Its probably crap anyways! I mean it is a Sony tablet :P
    No! I would like a SONY XPERIA Z Tablet with Windows 8 RT!
    10-22-2013 07:00 AM
    Woop finally some first party apps! I dont care about half of them but still great to see some love for the platform finally :)
    We need more first party exclusives. We need the apps that define WP not apps that everyone else already has - We shouldn't be getting candy crush we should be getting the next big thing first. Halo was a good start but other xbox exclusives would be great - a forza racing game from turn10 for example. Something that WP will have that no other platform can touch.
    N_LaRUE and MSFTisMIA like this.
    10-22-2013 07:30 AM
    We need more first party exclusives. We need the apps that define WP not apps that everyone else already has - We shouldn't be getting candy crush we should be getting the next big thing first. Halo was a good start but other xbox exclusives would be great - a forza racing game from turn10 for example. Something that WP will have that no other platform can touch.
    We need both, as I'm sure you know but I do agree with you. Thing is WP did have some exclusives but now the other platforms are getting them too. Games is one thing but we need other things that makes WP stand out from the crowd.

Never played Candy Crush and have no idea what the fuss is about.
    martinmc78 likes this.
    10-22-2013 07:36 AM
    Havent played it either - but its all I ever see anyone with an iphone playing on. Yes but those exclusives were tied to other MS services and seeing as its a business it makes sense to farm them out if it gets MS more exposure.

Hopefully the "revolution" in personal assistants Cortana, that's rumoured for Q1 next year with WP8.1 is the must have tool that no one else can match.
    10-22-2013 07:57 AM
    Havent played it either - but its all I ever see anyone with an iphone playing on. Yes but those exclusives were tied to other MS services and seeing as its a business it makes sense to farm them out if it gets MS more exposure.

Hopefully the "revolution" in personal assistants Cortana, that's rumoured for Q1 next year with WP8.1 is the must have tool that no one else can match.
    I have a few hopes for WP8.1. I have heard some things about Cortana but no idea what the whole thing is about. I'm not one to talk to my phone. :P I've tried some apps so far that don't work that well. I knod Cortana is supposed to be different.
    10-22-2013 08:09 AM
    I have a few hopes for WP8.1. I have heard some things about Cortana but no idea what the whole thing is about. I'm not one to talk to my phone. :P I've tried some apps so far that don't work that well. I knod Cortana is supposed to be different.
    Think Jarvis from the iron man films :)
    10-22-2013 08:21 AM
    Surprised there isn't a sudden rush to push 14k now were only 30 posts away.
    10-22-2013 08:22 AM
    Surprised there isn't a sudden rush to push 14k now were only 30 posts away.
    Shh you'll get people posting rubbish by saying that :P
    10-22-2013 08:24 AM
    Does anybody buy a phone because of an exclusive app? I think that worked for the iPhone because they were the first anyway. But exclusives are very outdated in my opinion. People should have the choice and not being forced to choose.

Think Jarvis from the iron man films :)
    This computer that speaks like KITT? I'm sure it's the same A.I.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    10-22-2013 08:24 AM
    I'm a little confused by one thing I've heard. It would appear that GDR3 might not be coming until early 2014. Unless it comes prior to the Nokia Black firmware update. Does anyone know the answer to this one?
    10-22-2013 08:44 AM
    I'm a little confused by one thing I've heard. It would appear that GDR3 might not be coming until early 2014. Unless it comes prior to the Nokia Black firmware update. Does anyone know the answer to this one?
    I don't know, but would you be surprised?
    10-22-2013 08:47 AM
    I don't know, but would you be surprised?
    Not really but was just curious. That would push WP8.1 to either end of Q1 or beginning of Q2. Which is slightly disappointing.
    10-22-2013 08:48 AM
    Not really but was just curious. That would push WP8.1 to either end of Q1 or beginning of Q2. Which is slightly disappointing.
    They could still make it before the end of 2014 when I'll buy a new phone, and maybe it will be breathtakingly great and I will buy a Microkia phone :)
    10-22-2013 08:57 AM
    This has me slightly worried as well. I really hope GDR3 comes before Christmas :)
    10-22-2013 08:57 AM
    I just saw that they updated Nokia Maps & Transit. Apparently Glance is now out of Beta with notifications and Pro Cam has become Nokia Camera.
    10-22-2013 09:00 AM
    Now I'm waiting for Drive+ update as I hate it currently. :P
    10-22-2013 09:01 AM
    I just saw that they updated Nokia Maps & Transit. Apparently Glance is now out of Beta with notifications and Pro Cam has become Nokia Camera.
    A few days ago I suddenly realized that Here Maps is now available also in Switzerland for non-Nokia devices. Didn't try it out yet, though. I don't drive much by car anymore and here in the city when I'm lost Google Maps is great and includes all the small bicycle routes.

Last weekend when I visited my mother I used her car for a few things, it was great, I actually really like driving.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    10-22-2013 09:16 AM
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...ml#post2186349

Was that too much of a tease? ;-)
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    10-22-2013 09:22 AM
    LOL! Well no. You did end up helping them so you shouldn't get in trouble like I did. :P
    10-22-2013 09:28 AM
144,181 ... 557558559560561 ...