Get some Baklava.
    Not in this snow I won't.
    libra89 and fatclue_98 like this.
    12-09-2017 06:40 PM
    Not in this snow I won't.
    I can get that. I think you got more snow than I did here but it being below freezing isn't helping.
    12-09-2017 06:41 PM
    I can get that. I think you got more snow than I did here but it being below freezing isn't helping.
    Yeah, it was too chilly for my tastes.
    libra89 likes this.
    12-09-2017 06:53 PM
    Yeah, it was too chilly for my tastes.
    Well a Persian friend of ours made this tray Baklava. It's amazing. Probably some of the best I've ever had. And yes people I have been to the Middle East.

MSFTisMIA, libra89, raycpl and 2 others like this.
    12-09-2017 08:07 PM
    Was out shopping for additional items to hang on the Christmas Tree. The usual tinsel, globes, shiny and glittering bells, little Santas with maniac blue eyes..

But saw this nearby..... cheap mass-produced knock off of the Last Supper..

... !
    libra89 and fatclue_98 like this.
    12-09-2017 11:17 PM
    Was out shopping for additional items to hang on the Christmas Tree. The usual tinsel, globes, shiny and glittering bells, little Santas with maniac blue eyes..

https://i.imgur.com/bIGcTHr.jpg

... !
    Oh wow. It's kind of cute though.
    raycpl and fatclue_98 like this.
    12-09-2017 11:31 PM
    Maybe I'm late to the party but the original Pixel is being used in stock images now? Found in the current Aldi circular.
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    12-09-2017 11:34 PM
    12-10-2017 02:31 AM
    How do you like driving on the proper side of the road in France?
    I haven't driven it yet! LOL! I've driven in France in a rental car though so it's not a new thing.

Since we still have to sell the other car I thought I'd let my wife drive the 4x4 until then. Keeps me from getting confused.

Not that I have that issue in general but it's a weird feeling sometimes switching back and forth on the same day.

I don't know if I mentioned this but I've now driven in all situations where the driver is the same or different to the country.

It wasn't really one of my goals in life but it's nice to be able to say that.
    12-10-2017 03:40 AM
    I would consider having the chain checked. It's a common problem with those engines( or it could be with a bit newer revision of 2.0 diesel, not 100% sure), some do nice miles, others have chain brake down at 100-130k km and apparently it takes quite a lot with it if it goes.
    I'll take a look at the service records and see what's been done then go from there.
    12-10-2017 03:42 AM
    Oh wow. It's kind of cute though.
    It's a bit strange if you ask me...
    libra89 likes this.
    12-10-2017 03:42 AM
    How I feel about snow depends on the day. Today I hate it.
    I can relate to this. I've had enough snow in my life.

Currently we have high winds and torrential rain. Fun.
    libra89 likes this.
    12-10-2017 03:44 AM
    Pretty. My wife would like that.
    12-10-2017 03:44 AM

https://i.imgur.com/bIGcTHr.jpg

... !
    The last breakfast, lunch, brunch, supper, and late night snack. 😂
    libra89, N_LaRUE and raycpl like this.
    12-10-2017 08:06 AM
    A beautiful 62 degrees at noon today. 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

The Chamber of Commerce is euphoric.

Sent from my Idol 4S on mTalk
    MSFTisMIA, libra89 and raycpl like this.
    12-10-2017 01:20 PM
    Since the Mi 5, my favorite feature on all phones I've used is the reading mode/blue light filter.

Mi 5, Mi Note 2, LG V20, and even the 950XL. I say this to state Andy's phone doesn't have this feature currently. It is stated it'll get there for 8.0, and when it does, Andy's phone will be my daily driver. Until then, I'm sticking with the Mi Note 2.
    libra89 likes this.
    12-10-2017 01:55 PM
    Since the Mi 5, my favorite feature on all phones I've used is the reading mode/blue light filter.

Mi 5, Mi Note 2, LG V20, and even the 950XL. I say this to state Andy's phone doesn't have this feature currently. It is stated it'll get there for 8.0, and when it does, Andy's phone will be my daily driver. Until then, I'm sticking with the Mi Note 2.
    Even the work phone has it and it makes using that device much easier on the eyes. My tablet doesn't and even with a darker background and the brightness on 0, it's a pain to use for extended periods.

That's why I value that feature a lot.
    libra89 likes this.
    12-10-2017 01:56 PM

I think this is a great plan. It also sounds like this feature is a really important one to you so you're good at holding out. I mean, you're already pretty strong at doing so but this is just another way to add to it.

On the flip side, you have Scienceguy Labs available to test it when it drops. I would say 99 too but I don't know if he'll keep the Essential Phone that long.

Since you mentioned the Mi Note 2, I forgot to ask if you have had any progress with the wired headphones situation?
    12-10-2017 02:15 PM
    I think this is a great plan. It also sounds like this feature is a really important one to you so you're good at holding out. I mean, you're already pretty strong at doing so but this is just another way to add to it.

On the flip side, you have Scienceguy Labs available to test it when it drops. I would say 99 too but I don't know if he'll keep the Essential Phone that long.

Since you mentioned the Mi Note 2, I forgot to ask if you have had any progress with the wired headphones situation?
    Oh, I've got access to an Andy's phone already. I can sideload 8.0 beta but I don't want to. So it will sit and wait.

It feels exactly as I thought it would and itsnt much bigger than my work phone either. It's currently running on the December patch too. So I have no problem of keeping it in the drawer until I get 8.0 OTA.
    libra89 likes this.
    12-10-2017 02:43 PM

Oh, the update to MIUI 9 looks like it solved that problem...thought I mentioned this a while back. It's aging pretty well and I can use USB-C headphones, Bluetooth headphones and wired headphones without issues on it.
    libra89 likes this.
    12-10-2017 02:45 PM
    Oh, the update to MIUI 9 looks like it solved that problem...thought I mentioned this a while back. It's aging pretty well and I can use USB-C headphones, Bluetooth headphones and wired headphones without issues on it.
    Sweet! I remembered you saying that you'll test it soon and report back but I couldn't recall if you tested it or not.
    12-10-2017 02:53 PM
    Oh, I've got access to an Andy's phone already. I can sideload 8.0 beta but I don't want to. So it will sit and wait.

It feels exactly as I thought it would and itsnt much bigger than my work phone either. It's currently running on the December patch too. So I have no problem of keeping it in the drawer until I get 8.0 OTA.
    Ooh I had no idea. In that case, you really need an award for willpower for being able to hold out. I wanna be like you when it comes to resistance...
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    12-10-2017 03:03 PM
    Ooh I had no idea. In that case, you really need an award for willpower for being able to hold out. I wanna be like you when it comes to resistance...
    No awards needed. I have the choice of continuing to use a fine device so I don't have to rush.
    libra89 likes this.
    12-10-2017 04:05 PM
    Sweet! I remembered you saying that you'll test it soon and report back but I couldn't recall if you tested it or not.
    Yup, it works flawlessly now. I do like my Mi Note 2, although on a hardware level I'd replace it with a V30 easily.

LG software wise just isn't updating their unlocked models like they used to. It's sad, really as I do love that V30 in blue or violet.
    libra89 likes this.
    12-10-2017 04:17 PM
    No awards needed. I have the choice of continuing to use a fine device so I don't have to rush.
    That is very true, as I can imagine that this helps some.
    12-10-2017 04:53 PM
142,831 ... 55885589559055915592 ...