I am going to listen to the same track on the Pixel 2, Essential and V30 using the same headphones. For Pixel 2 and Essential I will use the OEM dongles and V30 I don't need a dongle. Oddly enough I left my really nice headphones home.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-12-2017 11:29 AM
    Essential is/was a nice device. I listen to music a lot in the car with my kid, it's something that's important to me. There's no contest with the V30, everything else sounds drab.

And since I parked a lot of money in the devices last month, it's time to cash out the chips.
    Understood. Good luck with that.
    libra89 likes this.
    12-12-2017 11:30 AM
    I'm most curious about the DAC on the V30 Vs that on the V20. I love the DAC on the V20, since it drives my headphones better than using a standalone FiiO Q1 DAC and a USB adapter with other devices.
    Okay so I did a bit of digging around. V20 DAC is slightly worse than the V30. Mostly it takes care of some distortion and offers a range of equalizers. I wouldn't say that you are missing out a lot though. The V20 DAC is still ahead of a lot of other devices. I do want to compare the sound output from the iPhone X as for some reason Apple audio output isn't shabby usually. I will do that later since I don't have the iPhone dongle handy.
    12-12-2017 11:32 AM
    Typing this on the iPad Pro with a Logitech BT keyboard. I can get used to this. Also no snooping by work when I spend time on forums.
    12-12-2017 11:34 AM
    Work iPhone met NYC concrete just now - from the holster no less. Case and tempered glass took one for the team, especially the tempered glass.
    fatclue_98 and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-12-2017 11:53 AM
    Work iPhone met NYC concrete just now - from the holster no less. Case and tempered glass took one for the team, especially the tempered glass.
    That's why I buy a two pack. Will swap it out and keep things moving.
    12-12-2017 12:03 PM
    Damn, I hope the rest of the phone is fine. Hopefully, those two items are a relatively cheap fix compared to the device itself.
    libra89 likes this.
    12-12-2017 12:03 PM
    Damn, I hope the rest of the phone is fine. Hopefully, those two items are a relatively cheap fix compared to the device itself.
    Phone is fine. A mini scuff, but that's it. I'll confirm later.
    12-12-2017 12:04 PM
    Okay, so here is a short audio output comparison from the Essential (with it's dongle), Pixel 2 (with the Google dongle) and LG V30 (headphone jack). I used my Sennheiser HD202 headphones for the comparison test.

I listened to Who can it be now from Men at Work since it has a great saxophone sound in it that can get distorted easily.

3. Essential - decent sound but a bit flat, output is low and volume needs to be cranked up a bit.
    2. Pixel 2 - Sounds better than Essential even at lower volume setting.
    1. LG V30 - Sounds so much clearer, you can feel the fidelity in the overall sound, clarity in the vocals and just the right amount of bass.
    12-12-2017 12:12 PM
    Phone is fine. A mini scuff, but that's it. I'll confirm later.
    Wow. I was scared for you. Phew.
    12-12-2017 12:17 PM
    Okay, so here is a short audio output comparison from the Essential (with it's dongle), Pixel 2 (with the Google dongle) and LG V30 (headphone jack). I used my Sennheiser HD202 headphones for the comparison test.

I listened to Who can it be now from Men at Work since it has a great saxophone sound in it that can get distorted easily.

3. Essential - decent sound but a bit flat, output is low and volume needs to be cranked up a bit.
    2. Pixel 2 - Sounds better than Essential even at lower volume setting.
    1. LG V30 - Sounds so much clearer, you can feel the fidelity in the overall sound, clarity in the vocals and just the right amount of bass.
    Wish you had a USB-C headphones to test here so you could talk about the audio difference that way vs the dongle....
    libra89 likes this.
    12-12-2017 12:36 PM
    Wow. I was scared for you. Phew.

Visuals. Case is OK, phone is OK. Screen protector is screwed.
    12-12-2017 12:40 PM
    Wish you had a USB-C headphones to test here so you could talk about the audio difference that way vs the dongle....
    Only reasonably cheap ones are Xiaomi via Gearbest and slow boat from China.

I think #donglelife it is.
    12-12-2017 12:41 PM
    Only reasonably cheap ones are Xiaomi via Gearbest and slow boat from China.

I think #donglelife it is.
    I respectfully disagree. I've got a pair for under $10 I'm using for the past few months. The sound is OK - wired headphones via 3.5mm sound a little better - but I guess since your ears are better than mine, I wanted to hear your feedback. (I know they're not available but the black ones are more the same price as the Xiaomi - the frist gen Xiaomis, that is)

ZINSOKO Type-C Ceramic Corded Earphones with CLDA Hi-Fi Stereo Sound, Ergonomic In-Ear Design, Passive Noise-Isolation for Smartphones, Tablets, Notebooks (White) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M1678PQ...pUvbUpU3724050
    12-12-2017 12:54 PM
    Since you have another screen protector, that's awesome that this is it \o/
    12-12-2017 01:05 PM
    I respectfully disagree. I've got a pair for under $10 I'm using for the past few months. The sound is OK - wired headphones via 3.5mm sound a little better - but I guess since your ears are better than mine, I wanted to hear your feedback. (I know they're not available but the black ones are more the same price as the Xiaomi - the frist gen Xiaomis, that is)

ZINSOKO Type-C Ceramic Corded Earphones with CLDA Hi-Fi Stereo Sound, Ergonomic In-Ear Design, Passive Noise-Isolation for Smartphones, Tablets, Notebooks (White) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M1678PQ...pUvbUpU3724060
    These one's are not available on Amazon anymore.
    Also since I started using the Sennheiser and then the CX-5 and occasionally the Bose SoundLink headphones, I don't like the simple in ear ones. The in ear ones that I like are Audio Technica and even those are not USB-C. But I will try and get a pair to try out probably sooner than later.
    12-12-2017 01:23 PM
    Sounds like UK weather in France.
    The weather is a bit wacky this year. Lots of France has had snow and we're getting lots of rain.

It is winter after all...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-12-2017 01:43 PM
    I hate this weather. We had about 20 cm of snow on Saturday, Sunday morning it was -10C, yesterday when I was going home it was 13C, raining with powerful wind, it was heavy rain this morning and around 10C whole day. Tomorrow we are expecting snow again. I hate this weather, that is genuinely not normal...
    12-12-2017 01:59 PM
    I hate this weather. We had about 20 cm of snow on Saturday, Sunday morning it was -10C, yesterday when I was going home it was 13C, raining with powerful wind, it was heavy rain this morning and around 10C whole day. Tomorrow we are expecting snow again. I hate this weather, that is genuinely not normal...
    Ugh snow can be a pain sometimes. It sounds like it is really one for you.
    12-12-2017 02:23 PM
    Man I feel for you. I was ecstatic this morning that it was 46 degrees (Fahrenheit) finally. I got to wear a long sleeve shirt for a change.

Sent from my Idol 4S on mTalk
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-12-2017 02:24 PM
    Meh I like snow, but I would prefer it to stay, it's now completely gone. I hate rain and wind at the same time.
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-12-2017 02:25 PM
    Got stuck a mandatory meeting...that was a snore. Now they have some mixer with cheap drinks...I need some "Hooray Beer!" and some ribs.

I'm just tired and not as interested in things right now.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-12-2017 04:02 PM
    I am up to my eyeballs in training to updates to procedures and taking quizzes. I need a cup of coffee and a stretch break!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-12-2017 04:28 PM
    New fire about 0.5 miles away. We are being evacuated again. Groan, this is getting old!
    12-12-2017 06:37 PM
    New fire about 0.5 miles away. We are being evacuated again. Groan, this is getting old!
    Be safe, man.
    libra89 and worldspy99 like this.
    12-12-2017 06:42 PM
142,840 ... 55925593559455955596 ...