Maybe so. I was under the impression that I just put it near the card reader and boom it works.
    Need to make sure NFC is on and near the reader. Different companies make different NFC readers. Samsung uses two methods and can pretty be able to pay at any reader even without NFC.
    12-14-2017 10:24 AM
    So I think I want the Pixel 2 but for the laziest reasons. I'll like to try it (obviously) but also it would be a way to get rid of my original Pixel since there are so many selling elsewhere. I would do the trade-in, wait for it to process and complete and then request a return. I looked into it and you can apparently do that.

It would be a way to knock out the 2 things in one. Is it sad that the knocking out of two things is a stronger motivator over actually trying it? I'll think on this.
    Ha, ha.
    Well if this helps you get your cash out, then why not? Just double check that the value equal to your trade in doesn't come in as store credit when you return the device.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-14-2017 10:36 AM
    Ha, ha.
    Well if this helps you get your cash out, then why not? Just double check that the value equal to your trade in doesn't come in as store credit when you return the device.
    You know how I can be, lol.
    I have seen on Reddit that both a refund for the difference was credited back to the credit card and I have also seen store credit too. I have to dig more but yeah, the amount they are being sold for on Swappa is like from $275 up. It might be worth a shot if I could have a higher credit returned...

Seems like you sold yours at the right time.
    12-14-2017 10:49 AM
    You know how I can be, lol.
    I have seen on Reddit that both a refund for the difference was credited back to the credit card and I have also seen store credit too. I have to dig more but yeah, the amount they are being sold for on Swappa is like from $275 up. It might be worth a shot if I could have a higher credit returned...

Seems like you sold yours at the right time.
    I did and was able to upgrade to the newer model for $15 or so. Even though the storage is down to 64GB but that doesn't bother me.
    12-14-2017 10:57 AM
    I did and was able to upgrade to the newer model for $15 or so. Even though the storage is down to 64GB but that doesn't bother me.
    Wow for $15 more is awesome!

So I decided to pull the trigger...
    Apparently, also there's this additional $100 credit that ends tomorrow night for buying a Pixel 2/2 XL. That window is gone of course when I return lol.
    12-14-2017 11:17 AM
    Maybe so. I was under the impression that I just put it near the card reader and boom it works.
    NFC on...
    Position of NFC sensor...
    Ensure your card is fully set up for use...

If any of these are not done it didn't work.
    worldspy99 and libra89 like this.
    12-14-2017 11:19 AM
    I do like the AR stickers mode in my Pixel 2 now that Visual Core is up and running.
    libra89, sahib lopez and N_LaRUE like this.
    12-14-2017 11:24 AM
    NFC on...
    Position of NFC sensor...
    Ensure your card is fully set up for use...

If any of these are not done it didn't work.
    I turned on nfc, I set up my card but what wasn't clear on the card reader was where id put my phone.
    12-14-2017 11:36 AM
    I was going to crash the holiday party to catch up with some folks I liked but I decided not to. Too exhausted.
    Laura Knotek and sahib lopez like this.
    12-14-2017 05:15 PM
    I was going to crash the holiday party to catch up with some folks I liked but I decided not to. Too exhausted.
    You have to do what works for you. There will be other things. Hopefully you get a chance to catch your breath.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-14-2017 05:40 PM
    Even though I'm 28, I still enjoy watching Santa sit on the fire truck and ride with the fire department through the neighborhood. I know he's not real but something about it is nice to me.
    fatclue_98 and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-14-2017 07:29 PM
    You have to do what works for you. There will be other things. Hopefully you get a chance to catch your breath.
    I hope so too. Maybe this weekend I'll catch a breath.
    12-14-2017 08:14 PM
    I'm liking the V30 quite a bit.
    Also I was able to unlock my device without any issues.
    Thinking of using this with my Mint SIM.
    12-14-2017 11:05 PM
    My Pixel 2 has already shipped (estimated arrival is Tuesday) and the trade in kit hasn't yet. It's looking like I would get the phone before the kit, which puts a wrinkle in my idealistic plans.

Seems like a lot has changed in 2 months. The first time around, the kit shipped first. I'll see how this goes (especially since you only have 15 days to return) and decide on a plan of action.
    Last edited by libra89; 12-15-2017 at 08:03 AM.
    12-15-2017 07:47 AM
    I'm liking the V30 quite a bit.
    Also I was able to unlock my device without any issues.
    Thinking of using this with my Mint SIM.
    That was a fast unlock! Sounds like it's been worth it to try it out.
    12-15-2017 08:06 AM
    I somehow missed this article by Jason Ward on Windows Central:

Windows phone refugees might not find asylum on Android

Kind of interesting.
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    12-15-2017 08:08 AM
    I somehow missed this article by Jason Ward on Windows Central:

Windows phone refugees might not find asylum on Android

Kind of interesting.
    I just can't read Jason's stuff...
    12-15-2017 10:12 AM
    Haha, I can understand that. A lot of his editorials are very similar but this one is different about the weaknesses of Android so I decided to read it.
    12-15-2017 10:21 AM
    Haha, I can understand that. A lot of his editorials are very similar but this one is different about the weaknesses of Android so I decided to read it.
    Looks like the same nonsense that everyone who is not an Android user says...
    12-15-2017 10:43 AM
    That was a fast unlock! Sounds like it's been worth it to try it out.
    I already tested it out with the other SIM card. I am debating whether to put the Mint SIM in the Essential or the V30. Can't abandon the main line on the Pixel 2 with TMO.
    libra89 and sahib lopez like this.
    12-15-2017 10:48 AM
    Same here.
    I like to be an optimist most of the time.
    But this guy's WP optimism is off the charts and begins to kinda rub like coarse sandpaper.
    libra89, N_LaRUE and sahib lopez like this.
    12-15-2017 10:49 AM
    I miss that DAC on the V20. I'll wait quietly for the V30 to get cheaper next year.
    libra89 likes this.
    12-15-2017 10:49 AM
    Looks like the same nonsense that everyone who is not an Android user says...
    That's a fair point but the additional secret tracking in popular apps is something I haven't heard before and that was really interesting to me, but also a bit disturbing.
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    12-15-2017 11:02 AM
    My Pixel 2 has already shipped (estimated arrival is Tuesday) and the trade in kit hasn't yet. It's looking like I would get the phone before the kit, which puts a wrinkle in my idealistic plans.

Seems like a lot has changed in 2 months. The first time around, the kit shipped first. I'll see how this goes (especially since you only have 15 days to return) and decide on a plan of action.
    I'm eating my words because now the trade in kit has also shipped.
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    12-15-2017 01:11 PM
    I'm eating my words because now the trade in kit has also shipped.
    Hope you are not too hungry.
    fatclue_98 and libra89 like this.
    12-15-2017 01:14 PM
143,669 ... 55945595559655975598 ...