WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

psudotechzealot

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Um, I thinking about trying out the next windows 10 mobile update on my 640 for the first time, when it comes out. Any advice?

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Um, I thinking about trying out the next windows 10 mobile update on my 640 for the first time, when it comes out. Any advice?

You'll run into issues, if you can live with that.

Having said that, my 636 is still on 10166 as a daily driver.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I took the plunge Monday and I'm impressed. Haven't used it as a daily driver yet - next week - but I like what I see. Az is right - there are some issues, but overall it isn't bad at all.

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Work is getting done in my apartment so I'm by the GF for a long weekend. Not that either one of us is complaining, but there's some cleanup to be done when I return home on Monday.

Posted via Xperia Z3

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com

Gooooooood morning all you lovely gentlemen and lady (there's only ever a singular lady on the internet...true story) and I suppose a "good morning" to you non-gentlemen and non-lady (the singular anti-lady).

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm almost tempted to pick up a Moto G (2015) or a Mi 2 note as a spare. May hold off and just get something else next month, like a Moto Maxx.

Posted via Xperia Z3

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So word is currently that the new flagships from MS will cost about the same as the iPhones. (not sure which ones)

I'm not entirely sure what I think of that.

It can be debated that iPhones use premium materials (along with other flagships) and the new Lumias will be plastic. Depends on point of view really.

Not sure what the strategy is but if I wanted to gain users making it cost the same as other phones but still lacking the developer take up I'm not sure if that's a good idea.

I guess we'll see. So far this is all rumour. The windows fans are all excited and I'm curious but what does the rest of the smartphone world make of it will be the bigger question.

Will it make any difference?

Posted by my Nexus 7

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So word is currently that the new flagships from MS will cost about the same as the iPhones. (not sure which ones)

It can be debated that iPhones use premium materials (along with other flagships) and the new Lumias will be plastic. Friends on point of view really.

Not sure what the strategy is but if I wanted to gain users making it cost the same as other phones but still lacking the developer take up I'm not sure if that's a good idea.

I guess we'll see. So far this is all rumour. The windows fans are all excited and I'm curious but what does the rest of the smartphone world make of it will be the bigger question.

Posted by my Nexus 7

If MS does this, it'll flop.

Posted via Xperia Z3

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

If MS does this, it'll flop.

Posted via Xperia Z3
There's that issue and then there's the carrier issue. They need to fix their relationship with both developers and carriers. Exclusives will kill these phones.

Ignorance, there is a cure.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

It can be debated that iPhones use premium materials (along with other flagships) and the new Lumias will be plastic. Depends on point of view really.

Posted by my Nexus 7
Then they will flop. MSFT needs to go the Moto route to compete. Samsung's net profits keep going down even though the S6 has premium materials and they still are not winning against the fruit stand offerings - Edge be damned.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

There's that issue and then there's the carrier issue. They need to fix their relationship with both developers and carriers. Exclusives will kill these phones.

They really need to go the Moto route and tell the carriers to shove it. Point in case is the latest Lumia 830 fiasco over at AT&T.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
As nice as Windows 10 looks, if MSFT'S plan is to launch the OS and think people will line up droves for it, they're doomed to fail.

Even Apple is running into the glut in the high end market. Selling Lumias the same price as iPhones? I get why, but that's a serious mistake.

Posted via Xperia Z3

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Just realising how relaxing things are.

3328dae74fa1d717f480290a64009348.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven