I'm eating my words because now the trade in kit has also shipped.
    Having crow for dessert?
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-15-2017 02:44 PM
    Having crow for dessert?
    Tastes like chicken?
    12-15-2017 02:51 PM
    It's flurries outside and I'm indoors dealing with trainwrecks...
    12-15-2017 02:52 PM
    Hope you are not too hungry.
    Ha!

Having crow for dessert?
    I guess so.. (actual crow doesn't sound good to me lol)
    fatclue_98 and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-15-2017 03:03 PM
    It's flurries outside and I'm indoors dealing with trainwrecks...
    I feel for you. Also dealing with flurries here too sticking to the sidewalks but thankfully not the roads from what I can see.
    fatclue_98 and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-15-2017 03:17 PM
    I feel for you. Also dealing with flurries here too sticking to the sidewalks but thankfully not the roads from what I can see.
    It's almost 80F outside right now. But the Santa Ana winds are back.
    12-15-2017 03:19 PM
    We were just dismissed early by one hour. I'll take it!
    12-15-2017 03:47 PM
    I'm still at work...actually, in the field doing a visit to end my day amidst the flurries...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-15-2017 05:37 PM
    I'm still at work...actually, in the field doing a visit to end my day amidst the flurries...
    Whoa, good luck.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-15-2017 06:07 PM
    The entire town is engulfed with the smoke from the forest fire near Ventura. It's smelling pretty bad here.
    sahib lopez and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-15-2017 07:50 PM
    The entire town is engulfed with the smoke from the forest fire near Ventura. It's smelling pretty bad here.
    Ugh that sucks :(
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-15-2017 08:32 PM
    Just learned of this Gservicesfix app and I'm so curious to try it out. Apparently, it does a better job with improving battery life. I wonder how much of a difference it can make on the original Pixel even but I already reset that phone. I can't be bothered to set it up and then change phones in like 3 days. That's silly.

Also, I'm starting to wonder if the theory of the old tech starting to act up is true. I have had multiple app crashes on my A3 in just the last 24 hours alone. I thought that this was debatable but maybe this is actually a thing.
    12-15-2017 09:07 PM
    I hope cooler weather comes your way. Maybe rain.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-15-2017 09:09 PM
    That's a fair point but the additional secret tracking in popular apps is something I haven't heard before and that was really interesting to me, but also a bit disturbing.
    I bet if you asked most Apple users if they knew they were being tracked all the time they would look at you blankly as well.

If you give permissions to apps for your GPS you're going to be tracked. It's that simple. I've always known that and it doesn't matter which platform you use.
    libra89 likes this.
    12-16-2017 03:46 AM
    I turned on nfc, I set up my card but what wasn't clear on the card reader was where id put my phone.
    I had a similar issue once. It was due to my card not being fully setup.

Was slightly embarrassing.

That's why I suggested those things.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    12-16-2017 03:48 AM
    I bet if you asked most Apple users if they knew they were being tracked all the time they would look at you blankly as well.

If you give permissions to apps for your GPS you're going to be tracked. It's that simple. I've always known that and it doesn't matter which platform you use.
    You do have a great point there.

I would say that in my opinion, I like Apple's way better of denying all permissions until you say yes.
    I think a lot of people just download apps and don't look at the permissions (in general) and for Android, that opens yourself up to this kind of thing.
    12-16-2017 09:12 AM

In iOS setup on any ifruit device the last two steps are
    Share Data with Apple and
    Share Data with App Developers

Most of the time people say yes to both.
    We willingly agree to be tracked.

Google asks this early on in the Android setup.
    N_LaRUE and sahib lopez like this.
    12-16-2017 09:30 AM
    Morning, folks.
    libra89 and N_LaRUE like this.
    12-16-2017 09:32 AM
    Not having a headphone jack without USB-C proper support S-U-C-K-S.

That is all.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    12-16-2017 10:11 AM

That is all.
    Amen.
    One more reason I like the V30 so much.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    12-16-2017 10:17 AM
    So far, the wireless headphones are OK. Phone call audio on this unit is mono and in one ear bud only - that sucks.

We'll see how they hold up on Monday for the commute.
    libra89 likes this.
    12-16-2017 01:04 PM

That is all.
    Amen.
    One more reason I like the V30 so much.
    This comment scares me.
    12-16-2017 01:21 PM
    This comment scares me.
    Why feel scared? It's what Juan Bagnell has been talking about and other for a while now - they killed the 3.5mm jack prematurely without a proper USB-C replacement.

I got a dongle with Andy's phone and I'm not ******* with that.
    libra89 and sahib lopez like this.
    12-16-2017 01:46 PM
    Why feel scared? It's what Juan Bagnell has been talking about and other for a while now - they killed the 3.5mm jack prematurely without a proper USB-C replacement.

I got a dongle with Andy's phone and I'm not ******* with that.
    Plus all the proprietary dongle crap is a pure money grab as well.

Google dongle is okay with Pixel but doesn't sound great with Andy's phone. You need to use the Essential dongle. And the Moto Z USB-C dongle doesn't work with either phone.

On a side note the V30 DAC just blows the audio from these USB-C dongles out of the water.
    12-16-2017 02:26 PM
    Plus all the proprietary dongle crap is a pure money grab as well.

Google dongle is okay with Pixel but doesn't sound great with Andy's phone. You need to use the Essential dongle. And the Moto Z USB-C dongle doesn't work with either phone.

On a side note the V30 DAC just blows the audio from these USB-C dongles out of the water.
    You're preaching to the choir here as I've been wanting about that here for months now.

This was the real reason why the U11 in Solar Red isn't my daily driver. The three phones I liked this year were the V30, U11 and Andy's phone. I could have even excused the lack of 3.5mm jack had HTC not gone the proprietary headphones route. Would I get one as a collector piece? Dunno - the HTC 10 fits that bill better.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    12-16-2017 05:18 PM
145,211 ... 55955596559755985599 ...