Less than a week to Christmas and the year draws to an end... Darn, the year zipped past really fast (it always does)

Any resolutions you had for 2017?? We still have have less than two weeks to break em!! LOL.

Oops forgot to add mine I made before the new year" Don't buy a new phone, this 1520 is a capable monster".. then I went an got my 950XL on promo not even a month later.

... !
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-18-2017 08:04 PM
    If you do, can you please share some? I'm curious.
    Here's a few pictures.
    Shot indoors with relatively soft light.
    Not too shabby.
    12-18-2017 08:26 PM
    Wow nice! Thank you for sharing.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-18-2017 09:12 PM
    Less than a week to Christmas and the year draws to an end... Darn, the year zipped past really fast (it always does)

Any resolutions you had for 2017?? We still have have less than two weeks to break em!! LOL.

Oops forgot to add mine I made before the new year" Don't buy a new phone, this 1520 is a capable monster".. then I went an got my 950XL on promo not even a month later.

... !
    Nope I think I did all mine. Oh wait I did..... Find a better job that pays more
    12-18-2017 09:24 PM
    Nice pictures!☺️
    libra89 likes this.
    12-18-2017 09:48 PM

... !
    If it makes you feel better, you have done well in comparison to most of the regulars in this thread when it comes to buying a new phone lol.

For me, I made a guide for myself for life things in 4 different areas that affect me. I think I'll probably do this again for next year, thanks for the reminder to look at it!

Aced 1 area, almost aced the other area (this was more so with how I use Youtube). In regards to people, I met that halfway.

And of course, I had one for phones too. Based on what I have written down, I did nearly everything.

For phones, I had a few points:
    - 1 in means 1 out. I made this happen but then I messed it up, so I lost lol
    - If buying, pick the ones with the least amount of compromise with my main things of importance. Did that too in the end.
    - Use ones that I like a lot (and other related things to this statement). Did that too \o/
    sahib lopez and raycpl like this.
    12-18-2017 10:20 PM
    Since I have a month and a bit before classes begin, I'm going to give Kindle Unlimited a try. That would be my last chance to actually read any fun books for a good while. I mean, I'll still try to but it would be way less and much slower.

I'm excited about this free month \o/
    12-18-2017 10:52 PM
    Okay so a few low light shots.
    Not bad at all.
    libra89 likes this.
    12-18-2017 11:02 PM
    One indoor light shot with flash on since I was getting a lot of shadow effect without flash. Came out quite nice I think.
    libra89 likes this.
    12-18-2017 11:03 PM
    Also LG has a lot of good options in the manual mode. I used the Graphy settings to take these shots in addition to the ones I posted in Auto mode before. Quite impressive.
    12-18-2017 11:06 PM
    I tried it again with your suggestion and it still didn't work . Either the card reader is faulty / the cashier doesnt have it connected or my v30's nfc is broken o.o
    I'll ask a dumb question... Does your bank support Android pay?

Lastly, you can check your NFC on a NFC device and then go to another store to see if it works there.
    libra89 and sahib lopez like this.
    12-19-2017 02:42 AM
    Aw the work holiday party was cancelled. I'm disappointed. I was looking forward to it.

Missed my friends party because of weather, and I have one coming on Saturday but I'm neutral about it. It's more of an obligation, even though it could be interesting. Still thinking about what to wear...

Edit: Found out that it was cancelled for money reasons so something else is going down off campus instead. I'm good with that.
    Last edited by libra89; 12-19-2017 at 08:51 AM.
    12-19-2017 08:26 AM
    I'll ask a dumb question... Does your bank support Android pay?

Lastly, you can check your NFC on a NFC device and then go to another store to see if it works there.
    Yeah my bank supports it :/ I'll try at a different store hopefully that works lol!
    12-19-2017 09:44 AM
    Took the team to lunch at Lucille's BBQ for the holiday lunch.
    I am stuffed.
    12-19-2017 07:13 PM
    Took the team to lunch at Lucille's BBQ for the holiday lunch.
    I am stuffed.
    Ooh that sounds great!
    12-19-2017 07:31 PM
    Finally planned out my entire grad school track! For my program, 4 core classes are required and the rest are up to the individual.

Thankfully I changed out my class that would have been an extra waste of time to take over having other classes that I really need to take.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-19-2017 07:35 PM
    Finally planned out my entire grad school track! For my program, 4 core classes are required and the rest are up to the individual.

Thankfully I changed out my class that would have been an extra waste of time to take over having other classes that I really need to take.
    Excellent! I'm glad you'll have a decent schedule when you start.
    libra89 likes this.
    12-19-2017 09:24 PM
    Excellent! I'm glad you'll have a decent schedule when you start.
    Thank you Laura! It will be an adjustment for sure but will be worth it in the end.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-19-2017 09:43 PM
    one more day of work tomorrow... then I'm off to Kota Kinabalu...
    hope to catch the awesome sunset by the beach....
    .. then its another flight back home for Christmas...
    12-20-2017 02:09 AM
    What a long short week this has been...
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    12-20-2017 07:58 AM
    What a long short week this has been...
    I feel for you. When's your last day?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-20-2017 08:03 AM
    Ooh cricket finally has WiFi Calling now and of course my Pixel 2 is not supported. All iPhones from 6 to 8 Plus have it, along with the SE of course. Surprisingly, no iPhone X though. 3 Android phones are supported.

I might want to switch back to my iPhone SE to try this out since this would be helpful at home for sure because some spots just suck. I also miss using a smaller phone. The Pixel 2 is fast but also tall. The width allows me to attempt using it with one hand alright but not great.

Edit: So far, battery life is slightly better than the OG Pixel. We'll see.
    12-20-2017 08:47 AM
    Wow, my week was shortened by one day, which is awesome!
    This means that today and tomorrow (but more so today), the Pixel has 2 days to show itself when it comes to battery life.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-20-2017 09:06 AM
    I'm off starting Friday. Don't have anything planned for the break yet. Am thinking of a small road trip though. Will do some planning today.
    12-20-2017 09:18 AM
    I feel for you. When's your last day?
    Tomorrow. And with lots to do in between then.
    12-20-2017 11:20 AM
144,455 ... 55985599560056015602 ...