Man, I hate to hear that you're getting bad battery life. From what I've been reading here, I'm getting the impression that you're not liking Andy's phone too much. Sorry to hear that.
    Contrary to that, I do like Andy's phone so far. Screen is nice, weight in hand is good, performance is generally acceptable speed wise, very compact for my needs, and the bare bones aspect for me isn't a bad thing - it just means I've got less cruft on board.

I am one of the few people who may prefer their camera app over the Pixel's.

The things that bug me are the lack of headphone jack which shoves Bluetooth headphones or dongles down your throat. Not so sure about the battery life yet and there are times it doesn't feel as quick as it did in the store.
    libra89 and fatclue_98 like this.
    12-27-2017 10:41 PM
    Contrary to that, I do like Andy's phone so far. Screen is nice, weight in hand is good, performance is generally acceptable speed wise, very compact for my needs, and the bare bones aspect for me isn't a bad thing - it just means I've got less cruft on board.

I am one of the few people who may prefer their camera app over the Pixel's.

The things that bug me are the lack of headphone jack which shoves Bluetooth headphones or dongles down your throat. Not so sure about the battery life yet and there are times it doesn't feel as quick as it did in the store.
    Ok. I'm glad it was a misunderstanding then. I too think it's a really good phone. It's the first smaller sized phone that I've used that made me realize that I could get by using a phone with a screen that was less than 6 inches or more. I also really like the screen on/off sounds. 😁 Glad you are digging the phone though.
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    12-27-2017 10:47 PM
    Ok. I'm glad it was a misunderstanding then. I too think it's a really good phone. It's the first smaller sized phone that I've used that made me realize that I could get by using a phone with a screen that was less than 6 inches or more. I also really like the screen on/off sounds. Glad you are digging the phone though.
    It's ok. A DAC with a 3.5mm jack and better cameras would make the experience even better, but I knew that these weren't an option going in. I suppose if I had a V30 to compliment it right now I'd feel better, but realistically, the tablet gets the most use so I suppose juggling two phones isn't that helpful...
    Scienceguy Labs and libra89 like this.
    12-27-2017 10:57 PM
    Okay, today was exactly a 17 hour day with over 500 miles of driving. So I will just leave these pictures here. More stuff in a day or two.
    raycpl, N_LaRUE, MSFTisMIA and 3 others like this.
    12-28-2017 12:33 AM
    Those are lovely pictures. What castle is that?
    It's Château Beynac.
    libra89 likes this.
    12-28-2017 03:45 AM
    Okay, today was exactly a 17 hour day with over 500 miles of driving. So I will just leave these pictures here. More stuff in a day or two. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...55880073ff.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6bdfd2e8f9.jpg
    Wow! Time to rest.
    12-28-2017 08:59 AM
    It's a cold week here. I need to be in bed under the thickest of covers, getting the deepest of sleep...but I'm up and about...
    libra89 likes this.
    12-28-2017 09:51 AM
    I do like the screen on Andy's phone. I'll enjoy it better when the blue light filter is activated...
    libra89 and Scienceguy Labs like this.
    12-28-2017 10:46 AM
    Installed 8 on the Sony XZ.

Hopefully it's more stable than what my wife has had to put up with.

She's not happy...

I have seen some issues while searching before installing. Apparently there are some improvements though.

I'll see how it goes...
    12-28-2017 02:13 PM
    Installed 8 on the Sony XZ.

Hopefully it's more stable than what my wife has had to put up with.

She's not happy...

I have seen some issues while searching before installing. Apparently there are some improvements though.

I'll see how it goes...
    Please keep us posted. I'm curious, what issues is she having? The XZ1 Compact launched with Oreo already so I'm surprised to hear that she is having issues with it. Unless you mean another phone, of course.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-28-2017 02:33 PM
    Please keep us posted. I'm curious, what issues is she having? The XZ1 Compact launched with Oreo already so I'm surprised to hear that she is having issues with it. Unless you mean another phone, of course.
    No it's the XZ1 compact. She's got freezing and restarting. Seems mostly attached to audio things on her phone.

Like taking on the phone...

I've heard with my phone that some apps crash, Bluetooth...
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-28-2017 04:02 PM
    This Arctic blast in NYC ain't no damn joke...
    12-28-2017 04:57 PM
    No it's the XZ1 compact. She's got freezing and restarting. Seems mostly attached to audio things on her phone.

Like taking on the phone...

I've heard with my phone that some apps crash, Bluetooth...
    Ugh that sounds so annoying
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    12-28-2017 05:05 PM
    Off to see The Last Jedi.
    12-28-2017 05:56 PM
    May the force be enjoyable.
    12-28-2017 06:23 PM
    So far...Andy's phone is OK. It does what I ask, so that's nice. I think I'll enjoy it more on 8.0 and when I get a better pair of wired headphones.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    12-28-2017 09:33 PM
    Ditto
    libra89 and worldspy99 like this.
    12-28-2017 09:35 PM
    This Arctic blast in NYC ain't no damn joke...
    How much snow have you gotten? It's frigid here as well. It's currently -8° C and cloudy in Cleveland.

From 1Weather for Android. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ll_share_types
    12-28-2017 09:38 PM
    How much snow have you gotten? It's frigid here as well. It's currently -8° C and cloudy in Cleveland.

From 1Weather for Android. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ll_share_types
    No snow yet. They say we may see something on Saturday.

I could blame the current occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, but there's other things to blame him about...
    12-28-2017 09:53 PM
    No snow yet. They say we may see something on Saturday.

I could blame the current occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, but there's other things to blame him about...
    As much as I detest said occupant of the White House, the problem started before he became Public Nuisance #1 . No, I blame his followers and those of his ilk for denying the problem, propagating the lies and eventually putting him in power to further their agendas.
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    12-28-2017 10:21 PM
    Ditto
    Thanks.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-29-2017 12:02 AM
    Thanks.
    I enjoyed the movie.
    I'm looking forward to what Rian cooks up in the next episode.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-29-2017 12:03 AM
    Here are some more pictures from Death Valley National Park.

First one is Mesquite Sand Dunes.
    Next one is Stovepipe Wells - very happy to scratch that off my list.
    12-29-2017 12:14 AM
    Death Valley had a lot of borax operations in the 19th century. These are taken by Salt Creek and Harmony Borax Works.
    libra89, Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    12-29-2017 12:20 AM
    Zabriskie point and Natural Bridge in Death Valley National Park.
    libra89, Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    12-29-2017 12:23 AM
145,687 ... 56055606560756085609 ...