The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    I thought about the Nokia 8. And then passed, for some reason. Not sure why...
    I think I have an idea why. The idea of it is interesting for sure but it doesn't have anything that makes it unique. The "Bothie" (spelling probably?) thing is something but aside from that, what does it really have?
    01-01-2018 10:23 PM
    Good luck with that. I just want a decent pair of USB-C headphones.
    Thanks. I get that, that will be your thing until you get something that nails it (if not almost perfectly, it does a very good job).

My thing is having a smaller phone with solid cameras on both sides and good performance. I don't mind waiting for it, it's only rumored to be 2 months away. The Pixel 2 is really nice in the meanwhile, even though it fails the height thing lol.

To be fair, the height thing is OK to deal with because I have only had it for 1 work week. After this week, we'll see how fast it gets to me xd
    01-01-2018 10:26 PM
    I think I have an idea why. The idea of it is interesting for sure but it doesn't have anything that makes it unique. The "Bothie" (spelling probably?) thing is something but aside from that, what does it really have?
    If it was a little more compact, or I was back in my older days...sure. It bests Andy's phone with a headphone jack and a brighter screen and a better camera and microSD support...
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-01-2018 10:45 PM
    The deep freeze continues...
    01-02-2018 08:07 AM
    If it was a little more compact, or I was back in my older days...sure. It bests Andy's phone with a headphone jack and a brighter screen and a better camera and microSD support...
    Considering that you listed various things, it sounds like it could have been worth a try for you if it was smaller. I could relate to that. I would have liked to try it too if it was much shorter.
    01-02-2018 08:11 AM
    (This is probably going to be a bit of a word vomit. You're welcome to read and/or reply if you'll like.)

Had an interesting conversation the other day with my friend, his GF, and mutual friends that are a couple about why don't I want to consider dating our mutual friend. They were being persistent about a real reason why, and kind of refused to accept my reasons before I got to the point about having some things that are nonnegotiable.

I have mentioned it before but the kid thing is what got them to let it rest, since that is understandable. (My friend, the one with the mentioned gf "forgot" that I feel the way I do about the kid thing.) Talking to my sister about it (the conversation), she said that they probably want to see me even happier so that is why they were being that way.

I guess but sometimes you don't want certain things at certain times. I'm starting this journey as a part time grad student, along with a full time job. I'll like to adjust and see how this goes first for me, just by myself. When you have to consider another person, it becomes a challenge (which means even less time). I don't think I would be opposed if it was to happen (I mean me meeting someone I might be interested in) while I'm going through this process but not in the first semester or idealistically the first year.
    Last edited by libra89; 01-02-2018 at 10:04 AM.
    01-02-2018 09:53 AM
    Everyone keeps counting down days until classes start. I am counting down myself but also trying to enjoy the weeks I have.
    When people do that, I push back with this in my mind (the enjoyment thing).
    01-02-2018 10:49 AM
    OMG while I was typing up my long post, my Google trade-in was completed and I got more than I would have selling the OG Pixel! Seems like my crazy idea worked after all lol.
    01-02-2018 10:55 AM
    OMG while I was typing up my long post, my Google trade-in was completed and I got more than I would have selling the OG Pixel! Seems like my crazy idea worked after all lol.
    So when are you selling the really really tall Pixel 2???
    libra89 and sahib lopez like this.
    01-02-2018 11:16 AM
    (This is probably going to be a bit of a word vomit. You're welcome to read and/or reply if you'll like.)

Had an interesting conversation the other day with my friend, his GF, and mutual friends that are a couple about why don't I want to consider dating our mutual friend. They were being persistent about a real reason why, and kind of refused to accept my reasons before I got to the point about having some things that are nonnegotiable.

I have mentioned it before but the kid thing is what got them to let it rest, since that is understandable. (My friend, the one with the mentioned gf "forgot" that I feel the way I do about the kid thing.) Talking to my sister about it (the conversation), she said that they probably want to see me even happier so that is why they were being that way.

I guess but sometimes you don't want certain things at certain times. I'm starting this journey as a part time grad student, along with a full time job. I'll like to adjust and see how this goes first for me, just by myself. When you have to consider another person, it becomes a challenge (which means even less time). I don't think I would be opposed if it was to happen (I mean me meeting someone I might be interested in) while I'm going through this process but not in the first semester or idealistically the first year.
    The easiest part about kids is making them...there's other stuff I can say, but I'm stuck at work.
    libra89 and N_LaRUE like this.
    01-02-2018 11:20 AM
    The easiest part about kids is making them...there's other stuff I can say, but I'm stuck at work.
    Actually sometimes even that is not as easy. I am talking about this from my own personal perspective. Took us a long time before we had our kid.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    01-02-2018 11:30 AM
    Ha. In my case, I don't want any and this friend (that the other people asked me why not him) that I mentioned has said that he wants them.

As you also are saying, you can't take back a kid. You try to and you're seen as scum. That's my kid thing. I don't like to waste my time or his time with someone who wants them. The clock that a lot of women experience about feeling like time is running out for them to have one, is not something I have experienced and I'm at the age where this starts for most of them.
    01-02-2018 11:33 AM
    So when are you selling the really really tall Pixel 2???
    Haha. I'm still within the return period (the holiday return period is great) so I'll probably do that after my credit hits my CC.

Depends how long that takes. As of now, it's looking like I have 2 weeks to start a return.
    01-02-2018 11:37 AM
    Actually sometimes even that is not as easy. I am talking about this from my own personal perspective. Took us a long time before we had our kid.
    It's easy making a kid - unprotected sex. There may be timing and other hurdles, but it's still easy to do (in terms of the mechanical piece).
    Last edited by MSFTisMIA; 01-02-2018 at 12:31 PM.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    01-02-2018 12:12 PM
    Ha. In my case, I don't want any and this friend (that the other people asked me why not him) that I mentioned has said that he wants them.

As you also are saying, you can't take back a kid. You try to and you're seen as scum. That's my kid thing. I don't like to waste my time or his time with someone who wants them. The clock that a lot of women experience about feeling like time is running out for them to have one, is not something I have experienced and I'm at the age where this starts for most of them.
    Once the kid is here, you cannot put it back from whence it came. While we never know how relationships turn out and how people may change, it's always good to be as firm and clear in the ramifications of you're trying to have kids in the right way.
    libra89 likes this.
    01-02-2018 12:14 PM
    Once the kid is here, you cannot put it back from whence it came. While we never know how relationships turn out and how people may change, it's always good to be as firm and clear in the ramifications of you're trying to have kids in the right way.
    I totally agree.

I'm glad to be sure about not wanting one.
    01-02-2018 01:12 PM
    I totally agree.

I'm glad to be sure about not wanting one.
    Well, good luck there.
    01-02-2018 04:36 PM
    Looks the Nova launcher now has that cleaner look to swipe up for the app drawer. I'm indifferent about it.
    01-02-2018 04:37 PM
    Well, good luck there.
    Thanks but I really wouldn't need it when it comes to that. No one can convince me otherwise.

I need that luck for other stuff.
    01-02-2018 06:12 PM
    Got my bill today and it's a beautiful thing to see that I don't owe anything for Spring semester. In this case, it's not nothing now and pay later. It's nothing altogether. I'm really thankful and I'll be able to play with phones still after all lol.

Debating if I should rent textbooks or buy ebooks but I don't need to do anything yet when it comes to that.
    Last edited by libra89; 01-02-2018 at 06:25 PM.
    01-02-2018 06:13 PM
    Got my bill today and it's a beautiful thing to see that I don't owe anything for Spring semester. Debating if I should rent textbooks or buy ebooks but I don't need to do anything yet when it comes to that.
    Everyone's take is different. I bought some books in paperback and others in eBook format. I can always think back through mine as they're good for refreshers in my line of work.

Others rented their books and returned them at the end of the year. Grad school books are pricey, no matter the degree.
    libra89 likes this.
    01-02-2018 06:19 PM
    Thanks but I really wouldn't need it when it comes to that. No one can convince me otherwise.

I need that luck for other stuff.
    I wasn't talking about someone convincing you to change. Not everyone holds your current views permanently, and the trick becomes how to process those changes if it happens.

That's all.
    libra89 likes this.
    01-02-2018 06:20 PM
    Everyone's take is different. I bought some books in paperback and others in eBook format. I can always think back through mine as they're good for refreshers in my line of work.

Others rented their books and returned them at the end of the year. Grad school books are pricey, no matter the degree.
    Hmm that's interesting that you did that. I hate having all of these books after the semester ends and they don't even buy them back ever. I'm one of those people who never highlights in books or makes notes. I might consider doing a mix like how you have done it though.

For what you do, that makes a lot of sense actually. For me, maybe not always since some of these are core classes that I might not need to refer to later on.
    01-02-2018 06:29 PM
    I wasn't talking about someone convincing you to change. Not everyone holds your current views permanently, and the trick becomes how to process those changes if it happens.

That's all.
    Ah okay, I get what you are saying. You saying that reminds me of my conversation with my sister yesterday.

Talking to my sister about this, she told me the story of one of the hosts on The Real talk show (you might have heard this story actually) divorcing her husband of like 10 years because they both started out not wanting kids but then he recently changed his mind on that and he was hoping that she would too but she didn't. She still loves him but it had to end because they couldn't meet one another in that.

Thank you for the luck.
    01-02-2018 06:33 PM
    Ah okay, I get what you are saying. You saying that reminds me of my conversation with my sister yesterday.

Talking to my sister about this, she told me the story of one of the hosts on The Real talk show (you might have heard this story actually) divorcing her husband of like 10 years because they both started out not wanting kids but then he recently changed his mind on that and he was hoping that she would too but she didn't. She still loves him but it had to end because they couldn't meet one another in that.

Thank you for the luck.
    Yup. It happens. I'm sure Rue has his own take on this too.

I didn't want kids for a long time but I'm not unopposed to the idea (1-2 if that does happen). But I'm a dude so I can delay this for a much longer time and then go the younger female route to make it happen if I decide that. For women...it's much different.
    libra89 likes this.
    01-02-2018 06:36 PM
142,810 ... 56095610561156125613 ...