Sweetie, anything that takes up room in your head needs to be charged rent or GTFO.
    I felt the way I did with the quote you quoted because of friends and other people saying that I should give it a go with a certain person and that had me debating if I should or not since they kept asking why not. Also I found myself missing said person.

After talking to one friend with a neutral viewpoint, they made me realize that I should learn to tune out these people and just stick with my gut feeling. My gut feeling doesn't believe that the tradeoff is worth it for a possibility.
    01-03-2018 04:58 PM
    So this is what I have decided to stay with for now. Until the S9 and Mate 10 show up
    01-03-2018 05:10 PM
    I'm having wandering phone eyes again, thinking about the Nokia 8. Will I buy one? Probably not, but wandering eye fever is in full swing here.
    libra89 and N_LaRUE like this.
    01-03-2018 05:56 PM
    I'm having wandering phone eyes again, thinking about the Nokia 8. Will I buy one? Probably not, but wandering eye fever is in full swing here.
    I can relate.

Switched to my SE and it's nice to have a small phone again but I forgot how the battery life is just ok on it. I want to have the Pixel 2 in a smaller phone (haha). By that, I mean the performance and great cameras.
    01-03-2018 05:59 PM
    So this is what I have decided to stay with for now. Until the S9 and Mate 10 show up https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...1c28882fe5.jpg
    Please share which one you might like better, and also if you notice any of that blue shift stuff that people talked about for months on the 2 XL.
    01-03-2018 06:12 PM
    Please share which one you might like better, and also if you notice any of that blue shift stuff that people talked about for months on the 2 XL.
    Yes blue shift is visible on the XL at an angle. No escaping it. But it was visible on the V30 as well so...
    Looking at the device straight while interacting with it there aren't any issues though.
    I guess everyone has a different view point though so...
    libra89 likes this.
    01-03-2018 06:24 PM
    That thought crossed my mind as well. But I think I will stay put with these two for a bit longer.
    libra89 likes this.
    01-03-2018 06:25 PM
    99, so far these are serviceable. Audio quality is OK, mic works just fine too. These are the old school on the ear types. Don't think my thoughts will change much but if they do, I'll let you know.

Type C Earbuds, Eamplest Type C Headphones USB Earbuds Earphones Digital Noise Canceling Headset with Mic for Sony XZP, HTC Ultra, HTC U11, Google Pixel XL etc https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075XJV2VS...pUvbUpU3727318
    01-03-2018 07:25 PM
    That thought crossed my mind as well. But I think I will stay put with these two for a bit longer.
    It looks interesting enough. Slightly better than Andy's phone in a few areas.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-03-2018 10:09 PM
    It looks interesting enough. Slightly better than Andy's phone in a few areas.
    Apparently someone I know has one and he's not too impressed with the headphone jack output on the Nokia 8.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-03-2018 10:16 PM
    Apparently someone I know has one and he's not too impressed with the headphone jack output on the Nokia 8.
    Not surprised. Outside of the V-series, no one really puts effort into the 3.5mm jack.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-03-2018 10:27 PM
    Not surprised. Outside of the V-series, no one really puts effort into the 3.5mm jack.
    Agreed.
    On a side note the SP3 audio output is awesome.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-03-2018 10:28 PM
    Agreed.
    On a side note the SP3 audio output is awesome.
    How's the V30?
    01-03-2018 10:40 PM
    How's the V30?
    It is probably the most underrated device of 2017. If the camera was slightly better I would have kept it. I just shipped it out to a friend today.
    01-03-2018 10:42 PM
    It is probably the most underrated device of 2017. If the camera was slightly better I would have kept it. I just shipped it out to a friend today.
    Ok. Well, that's that.
    01-03-2018 10:44 PM
    Andy's phone is pretty fast. A bare bones approach to software will do that.
    01-03-2018 10:45 PM
    Thanks for chiming in! I wish to have what you two have in knowing and sticking with not wanting any. You're right about the point of regret. I don't believe that I will, regardless of how my mom feels about that.

It sounds like your mum has a lot of them already. Grandchildren and wow even a great grandchild! You're so right about the reasons, and I believe the socialization one for sure.

In the case of your wife, she is the final one but I'm curious if you ever had someone you liked and was with for a bit who might have wanted them, even though you didn't?
    Previous relationship there was talk of children but I was always indifferent. My mother never put much pressure on me and neither did her parents.

I'm just glad that never happened. That's the best way to put it.

My life is good. I have no complaints.
    01-04-2018 03:01 AM
    I just wish people would stick their opinions where the sun don't shine.
    Isn't that simply human nature to get involved in other people's lives and judge them? Be opinionated on their actions? Assume you're better than they are? That seems to be the norm these days... Though I'm sure it's been the norm for thousands of years sadly.

I do wonder sometimes if we'll ever evolve out our selfishness and become more alturistic...

However with an economy based on selfishness, I highly doubt it.... Sigh.
    01-04-2018 03:11 AM
    Previous relationship there was talk of children but I was always indifferent.
    I thank the Good Lord every single day that I didn't have any children with my 1st wife.
    01-04-2018 07:33 AM
    So I'm at work in this crap. It's hard to show you how bad it is, but it's nad enough where I should have taken the easy way out and called out/called in.
    01-04-2018 09:07 AM
    So I'm at work in this crap. It's hard to show you how bad it is, but it's nad enough where I should have taken the easy way out and called out/called in.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...dc5fd14b2e.jpg
    Yeah, I wish you good luck today. I felt the same as I was driving around. I regret coming before the opening time...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-04-2018 09:17 AM
    So I'm at work in this crap. It's hard to show you how bad it is, but it's nad enough where I should have taken the easy way out and called out/called in.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...dc5fd14b2e.jpg
    how are you dealing with the cold?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-04-2018 09:43 AM
    after reading an article about tmobile lighting up their new 600mhz frequency, I am courious as to how much more will coverage improve in my area
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-04-2018 09:47 AM
    how are you dealing with the cold?
    Not sure how it is in NYC, but it feels like it's not as cold as it was 2 days ago. The wind is a pain though.
    sahib lopez and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-04-2018 09:58 AM
    after reading an article about tmobile lighting up their new 600mhz frequency, I am courious as to how much more will coverage improve in my area
    Idealistically, it should be better, especially if you have a phone that supports that. Since you have the V30, it should be even stronger.
    01-04-2018 09:59 AM
143,612 ... 56115612561356145615 ...