I finally get why some people suggest writing everything down that is in your head that could be on your mind before sleep, and also starting the "prepare to sleep" thing earlier than you plan to go to sleep. Doing those two things enabled my mind and my body to feel fully rested. It feels like I had some of the best sleep this year so far.

Going to try these things more consistently and see how that goes for me.
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-05-2018 07:49 AM
    Bone chilling cold. Overcrowded trains. Slippery *** footing in the streets.

Yup. Fridays in Paradise...
    01-05-2018 07:56 AM
    I've seen worse... The plow has already been by and it's not that deep really.

Still, will be fun I'm sure. 🤣
    I've seen ones where the car is fully buried. This is still a pain to dig out though.
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-05-2018 07:56 AM
    Bone chilling cold. Overcrowded trains. Slippery *** footing in the streets.

Yup. Fridays in Paradise...
    I can't wait for next week, since it will finally be warmer.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-05-2018 08:30 AM
    The trade-in credit finally posted to my credit card \o/ Now the question is to return or try to sell my Kinda Blue Pixel 2. I still have 2 weeks to return. I don't really know what I would sell it for though, and I actually don't want the Google Mini at all.

Already moved my SIM back into the Galaxy A3 2017 two days ago.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-05-2018 08:35 AM
    I've seen ones where the car is fully buried. This is still a pain to dig out though.
    meanwhile in California I have yet to see any sign of. winter 🤣
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    01-05-2018 09:57 AM
    I took a picture of in n out yesterday because I haven't had their burgers in months. the other other one is with the wide angle camera.
    01-05-2018 10:00 AM
    yes today is Friday the day before and he weekend!
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-05-2018 10:00 AM
    Today was a crazy day at work. I did not get a chance to play with my Eve V.
    Bummed about it.
    01-05-2018 06:10 PM
    What a long short week it was. I'm tired - glad it's over.

Next week isn't better either. Life in Paradise indeed...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-05-2018 06:49 PM

Same since this weekend I planned out to do nothing
    01-05-2018 07:45 PM

Aw. The weather should be though.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-05-2018 10:27 PM
    Same since this weekend I planned out to do nothing
    Didn't say I was planning to do nothing...but I may look into that.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-05-2018 10:35 PM
    Aw. The weather should be though.
    I guess that's an improvement...it still wouldn't make my week less busy.

That's life in the hospital setting...as long as the doors are open, the workflow doesn't change much.
    01-05-2018 10:37 PM
    A friend and his GF who has already been through grad school a while ago both told me that it's great to have a partner while in grad school. They actually also agreed at that so instantly, which has me wondering if this is actually true.

Just to note: They didn't know of each other at that time in their lives.
    01-05-2018 11:26 PM
    The quality of this $1 case from China for the Pixel 2 is shockingly good. The Encased brand cases I got today for the two Pixel devices are no bueno. I am going to return them.
    01-05-2018 11:31 PM
    The quality of this $1 case from China for the Pixel 2 is shockingly good. The Encased brand cases I got today for the two Pixel devices are no bueno. I am going to return them.
    I got this chinese shiny thingy..
    Not quite $1 but $10...

... !
    worldspy99 and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-06-2018 12:00 AM
    I got this shiny thingy..

... !
    That was yesterday with the Eve V.
    The case came sometime in November. I just got around to using it.
    raycpl and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-06-2018 12:02 AM
    A friend and his GF who has already been through grad school a while ago both told me that it's great to have a partner while in grad school. They actually also agreed at that so instantly, which has me wondering if this is actually true.

I call BS...

There's a lot of work in grad school.

That's just my opinion though.
    01-06-2018 02:21 AM

Um...yes and no.

I dated someone while she was in grad school and we broke up a few weeks after she graduated. Also, I've dated the current GF through my own grad school journey.

Like anything else, there are pros and cons. In the first scenario, we used to have long conversations about her studies - her master's was in divinity, so I was getting some free vicarious education on how the church works. Very, very enlightening. Our relationship was a big reason she never gave me much credit for that allowed her to get her degree and chart her professional course - she too is now a librarian having gotten a second master's after we broke up. With current GF, I didn't involve her as much in my school studies - she read a few papers and we talked about a few things, yet she saw the grind first hand.

I suspect that the sentiment your friends are tapping into is that having a partner present offers a great deal of emotional support. Grad school is a very specialized and socially restrictive (sometimes isolating) experience.

You can only get so much mileage out of doing it on your own without many supportive interactions and appropriate coping mechanisms. Some people use sex as an outlet, some people do other things to seek and receive that emotional support. I remember long conversations with a single mom colleague of mine after class was helpful to use both as we encouraged each other. I saw her hover a few times over the cracking point due to the stress and because we had developed that routine, she allowed me to her in her face with positive encouragement to pull it together.

One of the points off grad school is how do you practice self care, which includes maintaining and developing healthy relationships while under such strenuous circumstances. It is up to you to look at how you current construct those relationships and to make positive modifications as needed.

Grad school isn't for everyone, and what I dislike the most is in 'murica how people are pushed to grad school to even have a shot to stay afloat in the middle class and not completely drown in the working class. When people crash and burn, it's devastating. But when you get through it successfully, as I figure you will, it gives you a needed toughness to operate in those higher level situations that demand you be paid appropriately for your skill set.

Hope you find something useful in this soliloquy.
    01-06-2018 06:57 AM
    Made in China is so hit and miss...when you hit, it's great; when you miss, it sucks as much has having a loose cannon of a businessman being president of a powerful country...
    01-06-2018 07:00 AM
    Um...yes and no.

I dated someone while she was in grad school and we broke up a few weeks after she graduated. Also, I've dated the current GF through my own grad school journey.

Like anything else, there are pros and cons. In the first scenario, we used to have long conversations about her studies - her master's was in divinity, so I was getting some free vicarious education on how the church works. Very, very enlightening. Our relationship was a big reason she never gave me much credit for that allowed her to get her degree and chart her professional course - she too is now a librarian having gotten a second master's after we broke up. With current GF, I didn't involve her as much in my school studies - she read a few papers and we talked about a few things, yet she saw the grind first hand.

I suspect that the sentiment your friends are tapping into is that having a partner present offers a great deal of emotional support. Grad school is a very specialized and socially restrictive (sometimes isolating) experience.

You can only get so much mileage out of doing it on your own without many supportive interactions and appropriate coping mechanisms. Some people use sex as an outlet, some people do other things to seek and receive that emotional support. I remember long conversations with a single mom colleague of mine after class was helpful to use both as we encouraged each other. I saw her hover a few times over the cracking point due to the stress and because we had developed that routine, she allowed me to her in her face with positive encouragement to pull it together.

One of the points off grad school is how do you practice self care, which includes maintaining and developing healthy relationships while under such strenuous circumstances. It is up to you to look at how you current construct those relationships and to make positive modifications as needed.

Grad school isn't for everyone, and what I dislike the most is in 'murica how people are pushed to grad school to even have a shot to stay afloat in the middle class and not completely drown in the working class. When people crash and burn, it's devastating. But when you get through it successfully, as I figure you will, it gives you a needed toughness to operate in those higher level situations that demand you be paid appropriately for your skill set.

Hope you find something useful in this soliloquy.
    Hmm that's interesting. I actually never considered the points that you shared with me. Wow.

Your personal experience with this kind of thing is also very interesting as well. Sounds like I need to find my self care thing sooner than later. Thank you, it was all useful to me.

I can picture this easily. Another friend of mine is getting married this year and she met her fiance while in her final year of law school. He was in grad school too as well and they just graduated in May so I can easily picture what you mean here.
    01-06-2018 09:32 AM
    I call BS...

There's a lot of work in grad school.

That's just my opinion though.
    Yeah I figured I had to share because a couple of you all have been through what I'm about to go through. Of course not the same program but the level and experience of grad school.
    I wasn't really sure since like you guys, they have been through it to know.
    01-06-2018 09:34 AM
    Hmm that's interesting. I actually never considered the points that you shared with me. Wow.

Your personal experience with this kind of thing is also very interesting as well. Sounds like I need to find my self care thing sooner than later. Thank you, it was all useful to me.

I can picture this easily. Another friend of mine is getting married this year and she met her fiance while in her final year of law school. He was in grad school too as well and they just graduated in May so I can easily picture what you mean here.
    Makes you think, eh?

For people who work between undergraduate and graduate studies also typically have a different view point on graduate studies vs students who work after school.
    libra89 likes this.
    01-06-2018 11:43 AM
    I guess that's an improvement...it still wouldn't make my week less busy.

That's life in the hospital setting...as long as the doors are open, the workflow doesn't change much.
    Exact same experience. Short week but busiest in a while. ICU was crazy and I was on call. Glad it’s over so I can refresh.
    01-06-2018 12:05 PM
144,469 ... 56135614561556165617 ...