Makes you think, eh?

For people who work between undergraduate and graduate studies also typically have a different view point on graduate studies vs students who work after school.
    It really does!

I believe that. I don't regret the 3(!) year wait at all but I get that there's good and bad things on both sides.
    01-06-2018 03:17 PM
    So temperatures are slowly rising on the east coast...yet my lack of excitement about that is the same as the temperatures we're last week...

Paradise is something indeed...
    01-07-2018 12:25 PM
    Just noticed that the guy standing in line for the iPhone X in the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 commercial has the iPhone notch cut into his hair.
    This might have been pointed out before. Sorry if it's a repeat.
    01-07-2018 04:18 PM
    Just noticed that the guy standing in line for the iPhone X in the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 commercial has the iPhone notch cut into his hair.
    This might have been pointed out before. Sorry if it's a repeat.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b602b435e4.jpg
    And yet I'll guarantee that within the next two years Samsung/Huawei will have a phone with a similar style notch in it.

Google shat all over the iPhone 7 with the OG Pixel - "oh, well we have a headphone jack" - only to kill that feature off a year later...
    01-07-2018 04:23 PM
    This might have been pointed out before. Sorry if it's a repeat.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b602b435e4.jpg
    Yup it was done deliberately.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    01-07-2018 04:23 PM
    Yup it was done deliberately.
    Where have I been? Ha ha I hadn't heard that. Pretty funny though. I'd be willing to bet that Samsung will be implementing a notch of their own in the near future.
    01-07-2018 04:26 PM
    And yet I'll guarantee that within the next two years Samsung/Huawei will have a phone with a similar style notch in it.

Google shat all over the iPhone 7 with the OG Pixel - "oh, well we have a headphone jack" - only to kill that feature off a year later...
    Totally agree.
    01-07-2018 04:57 PM
    I almost forgot how amazing it feels to celebrate people in your life and also celebrate with them. I had a lot going on this weekend (for me anyway) but it was all worth it and good times were had throughout.
    01-07-2018 07:14 PM
    What a day. I was surprised about Lauer. I didn't see that coming. I forgot my phone at home so I was phoneless, bad traffic to and from work. I'm tired and it's only Wednesday :/.
    You're back! Or I am? Ha ha
    01-07-2018 08:32 PM
    Speaking of the notch, the position of the front camera on Andy's phone doesn't bother me. Now, I've run into apps like the Huawei health where I'm trying to reach a menu in the top left of the screen and it keeps triggering the status bar, but otherwise it's been ok to use.
    01-07-2018 08:37 PM
    You're back! Or I am? Ha ha
    I'm not sure maybe you're back.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-07-2018 08:50 PM
    I'm not sure maybe you're back.
    Been on and off. Nothing much to share re: gadgets as I got a Galaxy S8 instead of the iPhone X.

I'm using it in DeX mode since last week...
    N_LaRUE, raycpl, libra89 and 1 others like this.
    01-07-2018 08:52 PM
    That is funny! I haven't seen the commercial. I don't watch much TV at the moment.
    01-08-2018 02:33 AM
    So early this morning, the mother of the GF's landlord passed away. She was about 104 years young. We saw the Mom last week too. It's always lots to process whenever death occurs.

Last edited by MSFTisMIA; 01-08-2018 at 07:26 AM.
    01-08-2018 07:08 AM
    So early this morning, the mother of the GF's landlord passed away. She was about 104 years young. We saw the Mom last week too. It's always lots to process whenever death occurs.

Wow, that's a long time to live.
    Yeah I can imagine that is the case. It can be hard too.
    fatclue_98 and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-08-2018 07:40 AM
    Can you fathom the life experiences of someone that old? The things that person has witnessed.
    01-08-2018 08:41 AM
    Can you fathom the life experiences of someone that old? The things that person has witnessed.
    I agree, I can only imagine the things that they have experienced and went through.
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    01-08-2018 09:35 AM
    So I have been reading CES news (at least with what has come out so far) and I see that Sony finally has working fingerprint sensors in the US! I'm possibly interested in trying the XA2.

Not only is it shorter than the previous generations (XA1, XA), it has a bigger battery (a little heavier though) with a bigger display but is still very close in size to the Lumia 650 (which means shorter than both Pixels and probably most of the "smaller" phones I have tried), which sounds great to me. Of course we will see how this goes, but it sounds good.

I'm going to search for some hands-on videos since it looks like this is the only smaller phone that Sony is making for the year.

Edit: No videos to be found aside from Phone Arena, but I'll take the GSMArena hands-on article.
    Last edited by libra89; 01-08-2018 at 10:14 AM.
    01-08-2018 09:44 AM
    So I returned the two Encased brand cases for the Pixels back to Amazon. Probably the worst cases I have bought for a device. Also I had to return the sleeve I got for my Eve V. Too big even though it is made for a 12" iPad Pro. Luckily I got the Eve branded version with the computer so I am just going to use that.
    01-08-2018 10:44 AM
    So I returned the two Encased brand cases for the Pixels back to Amazon. Probably the worst cases I have bought for a device. Also I had to return the sleeve I got for my Eve V. Too big even though it is made for a 12" iPad Pro. Luckily I got the Eve branded version with the computer so I am just going to use that.
    That sucks about the cases and sleeve. I'm glad that you have one to use with the Eve V though.
    worldspy99 and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-08-2018 11:02 AM
    Yup.
    libra89, Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    01-08-2018 11:39 AM
    So I got crushed all morning. Learned about two other deaths - someone in a colleague's network and the hubsand if the aide of a client (death comes in 3s is an adage I firmly believe in).

Then things have gotten choatic with a few clients. Been stuck at the desk making calls and fighting fires.

I did get a positive thank you from a client I spoke to as well. I need to get something to eat before I dive further into this afternoon...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-08-2018 11:44 AM
    So I got crushed all morning. Learned about two other deaths - someone in a colleague's network and the hubsand if the aide of a client (death comes in 3s is an adage I firmly believe in).

Then things have gotten choatic with a few clients. Been stuck at the desk making calls and fighting fires.

I did get a positive thank you from a client I spoke to as well. I need to get something to eat before I dive further into this afternoon...
    Dang, you have had a day already. That thank you sounds like it was a necessary light today. It's good that you got to hear that.

Enjoy your food.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-08-2018 11:53 AM
    If we lived to that age, those left with their heads screwed on right may ask the same questions of us...

...that's why it's important to cherish your own life course journey...
    libra89, Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    01-08-2018 12:06 PM
    ...that's why it's important to cherish your own life course journey...
    You saying that makes me think of something that I have been hearing a lot and also something that I try to remember myself. A lot of people do things that can be risky and life changing because they think it will make them happy. I'm guessing that probably isn't what you meant but that is what comes to mind for me for that statement.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-08-2018 01:53 PM
144,453 ... 56145615561656175618 ...