They's in a heap of doodoo. Can't afford to run with the big dogs.
    True but this is sad. Imo, they are the third option for people buying carrier phones.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-11-2018 06:40 PM
    This won't help.
    Right? I know that they aren't Microsoft with the whole Lumia brand but reading this took me there to that time when they decided to "retrench". I just hope they aren't going to be like them.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-11-2018 06:41 PM
    Finally picked up my new pairs of glasses and I love them. I added the blue light protect to the ones that will be my main pair and wow, I do notice a slight difference when looking at my phone and my laptop screen and even paper. lol
    raycpl and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-11-2018 06:46 PM
    Right? I know that they aren't Microsoft with the whole Lumia brand but reading this took me there to that time when they decided to "retrench". I just hope they aren't going to be like them.
    Personally, I think LG should downsize and release only 4 phones a year.

V-series flagship in the fall
    Mid ranger to replace the G series with either last year's chip or the current year's mid-range chip in the spring (SD 66x chips)
    The knock off Stylo series with better specs (like the SD 63x)
    One small screen budget phone (SD 43x chips)

Overhaul the UI. Put good audio in all offerings. Better software support. Better battery life optimizations. Position themselves for media consumption junkies for most of their phone and content creators for the V-series.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    01-11-2018 07:11 PM
    I'm terrible with glasses.. The pairs I have usually won't last a year. The lens get damaged by bad scratches or the hinges of the frames breaks..
    But surprisingly current pair has lasted almost three years now..
    I'm wearing web lens, or what we here call mahjong glasses.. It's great for reading my phone and good enough to see the other player's mahjong tiles across the table

... !
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    01-11-2018 07:13 PM
    Personally, I think LG should downsize and release only 4 phones a year.

V-series flagship in the fall
    Mid ranger to replace the G series with either last year's chip or the current year's mid-range chip in the spring (SD 66x chips)
    The knock off Stylo series with better specs (like the SD 63x)
    One small screen budget phone (SD 43x chips)

Overhaul the UI. Put good audio in all offerings. Better software support. Better battery life optimizations. Position themselves for media consumption junkies for most of their phone and content creators for the V-series.
    That's a solid idea! This sounds like it would already be much better for them.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-11-2018 08:41 PM
    That's a solid idea! This sounds like it would already be much better for them.
    It makes too much sense, so they won't do it.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-11-2018 08:42 PM
    I'm terrible with glasses.. The pairs I have usually won't last a year. The lens get damaged by bad scratches or the hinges of the frames breaks..
    But surprisingly current pair has lasted almost three years now..
    I'm wearing web lens, or what we here call mahjong glasses.. It's great for reading my phone and good enough to see the other player's mahjong tiles across the table

... !
    Aw. Wow, 3 years is a while! I have had glasses in the past break too. My prescription is generally always changing, which is annoying but is a fact of life for me.

I'm guessing you don't have to wear yours all the time?
    01-11-2018 08:46 PM
    It makes too much sense, so they won't do it.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-11-2018 08:48 PM
    Gonna turn that into a tee or bumper sticker one of these days...
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-11-2018 08:56 PM
    Aw. Wow, 3 years is a while! I have had glasses in the past break too. My prescription is generally always changing, which is annoying but is a fact of life for me.

I'm guessing you don't have to wear yours all the time?
    My last pair was good for 4 years. I haven't used plastic lenses since I was a teen. They scratch too easy and the optics are not as precise as glass. Yes I've heard the horror stories but I've been in the construction industry for over 30 years and never had any issues. What I do know is that my present set is over a year old and there are zero scratches. You get used to the weight in case you were wondering.
    libra89, raycpl and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-11-2018 09:46 PM
    Gonna turn that into a tee or bumper sticker one of these days...
    My idea for a bumper sticker will employ the use of s**thole in some way, shape or form. I'm sure it'll be a top seller in the Little Haiti neighborhoods. Millionaire club here I come!!
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-12-2018 06:44 AM
    My idea for a bumper sticker will employ the use of s**thole in some way, shape or form. I'm sure it'll be a top seller in the Little Haiti neighborhoods. Millionaire club here I come!!
    Better get on it fast before someone else beats you to it...
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-12-2018 06:59 AM
    My last pair was good for 4 years. I haven't used plastic lenses since I was a teen. They scratch too easy and the optics are not as precise as glass. Yes I've heard the horror stories but I've been in the construction industry for over 30 years and never had any issues. What I do know is that my present set is over a year old and there are zero scratches. You get used to the weight in case you were wondering.
    Hmm that's really interesting. I'll take your word for it.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-12-2018 07:50 AM
    Another long day ahead in Paradise...who know being in "bliss" is so much work (*massive sarcasm alert*)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-12-2018 08:08 AM
    Another long day ahead in Paradise...who know being in "bliss" is so much work (*massive sarcasm alert*)
    Has it warmed up any in Gotham?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-12-2018 08:52 AM
    Has it warmed up any in Gotham?
    Temperature wise, yes. But it is dark and gloomy and rainy outside.

Don't worry, it'll be back to freezing on Sunday.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-12-2018 09:21 AM
    Geez, no happy medium. It feels like June here. Low 80s with t-storms brewing over the Everglades.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-12-2018 09:48 AM
    The prices for the Sony Xperia XA2 and XA2 Ultra are now available via Best Buy.

$349 for the XA2 and $449 for the XA2 Ultra. To me, that doesn't seem bad at all really.
    01-12-2018 01:31 PM
    Geez, no happy medium. It feels like June here. Low 80s with t-storms brewing over the Everglades.
    New York doesn't know the words "happy medium".
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-12-2018 01:58 PM
    New York doesn't know the words "happy medium".
    Sure it does, Theresa Caputo.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-12-2018 03:14 PM
    The week is done. I'm exhausted and in need of am adult beverage as cold as the ****hole comment I heard that dude at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave mentioned this week...
    01-12-2018 05:09 PM
    The week is done. I'm exhausted and in need of am adult beverage as cold as the ****hole comment I heard that dude at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave mentioned this week...
    I hope you get one on this wet night.

As for the comment, is how I feel about it. Saw Anderson Cooper's response and it was great.
    TgeekB and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-12-2018 05:13 PM
    Maybe he was looking in a mirror when he made it.
    libra89 and N_LaRUE like this.
    01-12-2018 05:26 PM
    I hope you get one on this wet night.

As for the comment, is how I feel about it. Saw Anderson Cooper's response and it was great.
    For a moment, I misread your first comment in a way that'd make you blush...
    fatclue_98 and sahib lopez like this.
    01-12-2018 05:44 PM
143,692 ... 56175618561956205621 ...