I'm so excited for orientation later today...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-18-2018 10:28 AM
    It's just my opinion. I think the insider program was better because you had more people willing to actually give feedback and it allowed builds to be run on phones MSFT wasn't necessarily going to update.

I don't get a sense that especially on Andrpid with some of these OEMs you're getting that sort of feedback which may lead to the builds being out faster. MIt's just my opinion. I think the insider program was better because you had more people willing to actually give feedback and it allowed builds to be run on phones MSFT wasn't necessarily going to update.

I don't get a sense that especially on Andrpid with some of these OEMs you're getting that sort of feedback which may lead to the builds being out faster. MIt's just my opinion. I think the insider program was better because you had more people willing to actually give feedback and it allowed builds to be run on phones MSFT wasn't necessarily going to update.

I don't get a sense that especially on Andrpid with some of these OEMs you're getting that sort of feedback which may lead to the builds being out faster.
    Did your keyboard suddenly develop Tourette's Syndrome?
    01-18-2018 06:23 PM
    I'm so excited for orientation later today...
    Had orientation tonight and it went well. I even asked questions. I was glad to be there for the live event \o/

I learned a lot too. OMG in one week, I'll be in class right now!
    worldspy99 and N_LaRUE like this.
    01-18-2018 07:32 PM
    On a less exciting note, it looks like I'll be holding on to my Galaxy A3 2017 until it fails me. Samsung adjusted the A series of last year that had 3 phones of different sizes, the A3 being the smallest. Now the A series is down to 2 phones, which have decent specs but both are just big. Like noticeably taller than the Pixel 2.

As weird as this might sound, I'm glad that I wasn't able to sell it after all (I might have regretted doing that if it worked out). I'll love to try it against the Sony Xperia XA2 when it comes to performance and of course the cameras, provided that the reviews don't suck.
    01-18-2018 07:54 PM
    Had orientation tonight and it went well. I even asked questions. I was glad to be there for the live event \o/

I learned a lot too. OMG in one week, I'll be in class right now!
    Breathe. You'll be fine.

I'm waiting for the complaining about how stressful the work is. Lol. Welcome to grad school.
    libra89 likes this.
    01-18-2018 08:12 PM
    Breathe. You'll be fine.

I'm waiting for the complaining about how stressful the work is. Lol. Welcome to grad school.
    Thanks. I'm excited for it but also wondering how this will go.

Haha, it will come. I only have one class next week so I'll keep you all posted on how day 1 is, but my first full week will be the real deal with both classes. I need to figure out the food thing for myself though. I have a plan for studying and such at the moment.
    01-18-2018 08:16 PM
    Thanks. I'm excited for it but also wondering how this will go.

Haha, it will come. I only have one class next week so I'll keep you all posted on how day 1 is, but my first full week will be the real deal with both classes. I need to figure out the food thing for myself though. I have a plan for studying and such at the moment.
    Call me when you have multiple papers to do and are stressed.

When I was living with an ex while she was in seminary school, when she would get crazy stressed we would do some "whoopie"(urban dictionary it)/iPadding (in these parts) to reset her and keep it moving.

Since that may or may not work for you, other forms of self care and stress management is recommended.
    libra89 likes this.
    01-18-2018 08:23 PM
    Call me when you have multiple papers to do and are stressed.

When I was living with an ex while she was in seminary school, when she would get crazy stressed we would do some "whoopie"(urban dictionary it)/iPadding (in these parts) to reset her and keep it moving.

Since that may or may not work for you, other forms of self care and stress management is recommended.
    Haha, yeah I'm sure I'll get there.

That's good that those things helped, I'm good though. I'll have to seek other things, which I haven't really thought about since I'm trying to get through these books in time. After that, I'll probably be forced to think about it.
    01-18-2018 08:41 PM
    Haha, yeah I'm sure I'll get there.

That's good that those things helped, I'm good though. I'll have to seek other things, which I haven't really thought about since I'm trying to get through these books in time. After that, I'll probably be forced to think about it.
    You'll be fine. It's another formative experience.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-19-2018 07:54 AM
    I'm tired. Just saying.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-19-2018 08:54 AM
    Long day had ended. Got another long week ahead next week.

Just want a cold adult beverage. And a new phone to mess around with before I send it back to 99. Lol.
    01-19-2018 06:33 PM
    The Verge with an interesting article...who knew?

https://www.theverge.com/platform/am...uture-ces-2018
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    01-19-2018 09:49 PM

Thanks for sharing this article. It is very interesting. I'm glad I'm still not living #donglelife . 😆
    MSFTisMIA and libra89 like this.
    01-20-2018 02:47 AM

Vlad is my favorite writer/reviewer at The Verge. Also some of the other ones that do good work seemed to have moved on to other things. I think folks have become comfy now that they have a big Corporate parent in Vox Media.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-20-2018 08:51 AM

Great article, thanks for sharing.

Ugh I didn't know this was so messy. Wow.
    It kind of makes me think of what MKBHD was trying to find in his recent video.

Since I haven't really followed this, this is shocking to me. You have mentioned gripes about this before but I really had no idea that there were so many.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-20-2018 10:33 AM
    Great article, thanks for sharing.

Ugh I didn't know this was so messy. Wow.
    It kind of makes me think of what MKBHD was trying to find in his recent video.

Since I haven't really followed this, this is shocking to me. You have mentioned gripes about this before but I really had no idea that there were so many.
    I'm glad you're starting to see what I've been ******** about for nearly a year.
    01-20-2018 11:35 AM
    I'm glad you're starting to see what I've been ******** about for nearly a year.
    Yeah I really get it now. I'm dreading the day when I need to make this decision with the next phone to come. Not immediately since the XA2 still has a headphone jack.
    01-20-2018 04:20 PM
    Not related but your recent post on the blog made me realize something that I didn't realize before reading it. Glad that you wrote about it, and shared your viewpoint on that issue after all.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    01-20-2018 04:23 PM
    The thread here asking people if they still use a Windows phone has very interesting responses, but it also goes to show that each person uses their phone differently.
    fatclue_98 and sahib lopez like this.
    01-20-2018 05:00 PM
    Not related but your recent post on the blog made me realize something that I didn't realize before reading it. Glad that you wrote about it, and shared your viewpoint on that issue after all.
    You're welcome. If you think of other stuff, you know where I'm at.
    libra89 likes this.
    01-20-2018 05:02 PM
    Yeah I really get it now. I'm dreading the day when I need to make this decision with the next phone to come. Not immediately since the XA2 still has a headphone jack.
    It's why I want to get certain things snad enjoy them while I can. Was tempered to get a HTC 10, but I'll pass and grab a V30+ at some point later this year.
    libra89 likes this.
    01-20-2018 05:02 PM
    You're welcome. If you think of other stuff, you know where I'm at.
    Will do! Aside from what I sent you, I got nothing at the moment.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    01-20-2018 05:08 PM
    It's why I want to get certain things snad enjoy them while I can. Was tempered to get a HTC 10, but I'll pass and grab a V30+ at some point later this year.
    Makes sense. I think this is the best plan, and also the price should drop pretty good by then.
    01-20-2018 05:09 PM
    Will do! Aside from what I sent you, I got nothing at the moment.
    Cool.
    libra89 likes this.
    01-20-2018 05:16 PM
    Makes sense. I think this is the best plan, and also the price should drop pretty good by then.
    We'll see how it goes.
    libra89 likes this.
    01-20-2018 05:16 PM
142,802 ... 56225623562456255626 ...