The thread here asking people if they still use a Windows phone has very interesting responses, but it also goes to show that each person uses their phone differently.
    To be perfectly honest, if it weren't for a few apps that are indispensable for work, I'd be 100% on Windows. Digits has been an absolute lifesaver because I get to keep my same number on two devices.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-20-2018 06:39 PM
    To be perfectly honest, if it weren't for a few apps that are indispensable for work, I'd be 100% on Windows. Digits has been an absolute lifesaver because I get to keep my same number on two devices.
    Same here TBH.
    I'm having a lot of fun with the Idol 4S (sans the camera of course).
    01-20-2018 06:44 PM
    I bet. Sounds like it is still working out well for you.
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    01-20-2018 06:47 PM
    Same here TBH.
    I'm having a lot of fun with the Idol 4S (sans the camera of course).
    That camera, oh that cluster!!! One of the things I miss the most about webOS was the homebrew community. I'm almost 100% positive that Windows phones have outsold webOS by a large margin but there were so many tweaks and patches available through WOSQI that I'm equally sure somebody would have come up with a patch to fix this God-awful camera by now. This phone makes me think about what Sofia Vergara would look like if she were cross-eyed or was buck-toothed.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    01-20-2018 06:59 PM
    In an interesting twist of things, the phone I wanted to try for a while (even before the existence of the Galaxy A3 I currently have), finally has the right model (that will work properly in the US) available on Amazon.

It could be fun to try it but at the same time, it's old? Because it's old, it's also kind of cheap. The idea of it is interesting but it probably doesn't make sense to try it.

Edit: Looking at technical things, the camera is probably equal to the A3 but the A3 will be better so I'm good. It's just funny that this stock finally became available a year and some later.
    01-20-2018 11:04 PM
    So I may need a new tablet as the rails of the Z3 Tablet Compact aren't aging well. I may end using a phone with a bigger screen instead. There aren't many water resistant tablets on the market, sadly.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-21-2018 09:48 AM
    So I may need a new tablet as the rails of the Z3 Tablet Compact aren't aging well. I may end using a phone with a bigger screen instead. There aren't many water resistant tablets on the market, sadly.
    Or I may just use the Mi Note 2 as the tablet replacement. We'll see.
    01-21-2018 10:02 AM
    Or I may just use the Mi Note 2 as the tablet replacement. We'll see.
    If the Pixel 2 XL had a headphone jack, that would have been the best replacement.
    01-21-2018 10:06 AM
    If the Pixel 2 XL had a headphone jack, that would have been the best replacement.
    A very good condition Axon 7 may work too
    Who knows.
    Last edited by MSFTisMIA; 01-21-2018 at 12:27 PM.
    libra89 likes this.
    01-21-2018 10:30 AM
    A very good condition Axon 7 may work too
    Who knows.
    I suppose what I'm looking for is the same Z3 Tablet Compact, but with more modern internals. I may just slap a case on it and kick this decision down the road for as long as I can.

To me, Sony had hit a home run here. The unfortunate part was this thing didn't get 7.0. I doubt this will ever be refreshed, but it'd be nice if it did.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    01-21-2018 12:31 PM
    So I'm watching the AFC Championship and this Apple commercial comes on using audio of Muhammad Ali. I'm utterly disgusted at Apple for commercializing a true national treasure. There are some places you just shouldn't go and this is one of them.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-21-2018 05:17 PM
    So I'm watching the AFC Championship and this Apple commercial comes on using audio of Muhammad Ali. I'm utterly disgusted at Apple for commercializing a true national treasure. There are some places you just shouldn't go and this is one of them.
    Unfortunately my team didn't win today. I'm sure much will be said for that hit on Gronk. We'll see if we can trade for Eli! Lol. Good season, but no reason to watch the big game again this year.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-21-2018 05:20 PM
    Unfortunately my team didn't win today. I'm sure much will be said for that hit on Gronk. We'll see if we can trade for Eli! Lol. Good season, but no reason to watch the big game again this year.
    I'm sorry about the loss. I hope the Patriots lose in the end.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-21-2018 05:35 PM
    I'm sorry about the loss. I hope the Patriots lose in the end.
    The NFL for me isn't as fun to watch as it used to be, TBH.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-21-2018 05:37 PM
    The Jags aren't my team but I had to root for the state. That and Allen Hurns is from The U.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-21-2018 05:42 PM
    The Jags aren't my team but I had to root for the state. That and Allen Hurns is from The U.
    Yeah. That south Florida team had an up and down year. One of the MDs i'm cool with is a NY born and bred guy but a Fins fan through and through.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-21-2018 05:43 PM
    Yeah. That south Florida team had an up and down year. One of the MDs i'm cool with is a NY born and bred guy but a Fins fan through and through.
    Wow, that's very interesting that he is. It sounds unexpected to me.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-21-2018 05:57 PM
    Wow, that's very interesting that he is. It sounds unexpected to me.
    Not really. Many people are fans of things in places most people don't expect. I'm a Jags fan in NYC who has never been to nor has any connection to Jax, FL.
    01-21-2018 06:12 PM
    Not really. Many people are fans of things in places most people don't expect. I'm a Jags fan in NYC who has never been to nor has any connection to Jax, FL.
    I was a Jags fan today because they were playing .......can’t say their name.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-21-2018 06:33 PM
    Ah okay. I thought you had a general Florida connection for some reason, or maybe it's because you mentioned that you know someone offline who lives there.

It's surprising to me because I'm surrounded by people who live where I do and are fans of places that have a connection to them somehow. My dad is the oddball of being a Cowboys fan but I have met other fans of them too.

As a baseball fan, I get how people can be Braves, Dodgers, and Yankees fans because those are massive fan bases. Otherwise, I am surprised.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-21-2018 07:18 PM
    Ah okay. I thought you had a general Florida connection for some reason, or maybe it's because you mentioned that you know someone offline who lives there.

It's surprising to me because I'm surrounded by people who live where I do and are fans of places that have a connection to them somehow. My dad is the oddball of being a Cowboys fan but I have met other fans of them too.

As a baseball fan, I get how people can be Braves, Dodgers, and Yankees fans because those are massive fan bases. Otherwise, I am surprised.
    My first NFL game I saw ever was the '95 Superbowl between SF 49ers and SD Chargers. I knew nothing of the game, but I listened to the announcers carefully.

For a long time I thought scoring TDs was the objective of the game, and when I found out the true objective, it all made sense.

I started watching regular season games in '96. We'd get a ton of Jags games on the TV back home, oddly enough, so that's why I picked up on them as my team. But I'll watch all teams play. That '99 team was their best team to date with the 2nd best offense in the league behind that circus Rams team. Brunnell + Taylor + Smiths + McCardell + Kyle Brady was no joke on offense... especially with Bosselli anchoring that line up front. Best defensive team before this year was in 2007 with the two massive DTs Stroud and Henderson in the middle with that old school 4-3 scheme.

Jags are 0-3 in AFC championship game - losses in '97 and '18 to NE and '99 to Tennessee. Oddly enough, NFC team won it all in '99 and '97.
    01-21-2018 08:28 PM
    That '99 team was their best team to date with the 2nd best offense in the league behind that circus Rams team.
    That '99 team sent Dan Marino and Jimmy Johnson into retirement after the 62-7 beatdown. Jay Fiedler was Brunell's backup and the Fins signed him in the offseason to replace Marino.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-21-2018 10:25 PM
    That '99 team sent Dan Marino and Jimmy Johnson into retirement after the 62-7 beatdown. Jay Fiedler was Brunell's backup and the Fins signed him in the offseason to replace Marino.
    Dan the Man had a rousing come from behind victory against Seattle that wild card weekend that you should remember instead of that mugging at Jax the next week. We went 15-0 vs the league that year and went 0-3 vs Jeff Fisher's bunch. That was unfortunate.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-21-2018 10:40 PM
    Dan the Man had a rousing come from behind victory against Seattle that wild card weekend that you should remember instead of that mugging at Jax the next week. We went 15-0 vs the league that year and went 0-3 vs Jeff Fisher's bunch. That was unfortunate.
    You're only as good as your next game. Pitchers and catchers report in a couple of weeks, it's going to be a looooong year for us Marlins fans. In the meantime, Go Heat!! Half game back of The Land for 3rd in the East. Speaking of, how does a LeBron team give up a buck forty-eight? I didn't know the all-star game was this weekend.
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-22-2018 06:20 AM
    You're only as good as your next game. Pitchers and catchers report in a couple of weeks, it's going to be a looooong year for us Marlins fans. In the meantime, Go Heat!! Half game back of The Land for 3rd in the East. Speaking of, how does a LeBron team give up a buck forty-eight? I didn't know the all-star game was this weekend.
    The Cavs are tuning LeBron out, it seems.
    fatclue_98 and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-22-2018 07:14 AM
143,644 ... 56235624562556265627 ...