You're only as good as your next game. Pitchers and catchers report in a couple of weeks, it's going to be a looooong year for us Marlins fans..
    I'm looking forward to it. Not enough baseball on my Twitter timeline right now...
    fatclue_98 and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-22-2018 07:29 AM
    The Cavs are tuning LeBron out, it seems.
    Except my homeboy D-Wade maybe. That steal and no-look alley oop to LeBron was a thing of beauty and reminded me of the 4 years here.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-22-2018 07:47 AM
    MIA, seeing this on GSMArena made me think of you and what you recently shared:

Sunday debate: Is removing the headphone jack the way forward? - GSMArena

Not with the first guy but with the second guy's opinion.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-22-2018 08:54 AM
    I'm looking forward to it. Not enough baseball on my Twitter timeline right now...
    We got too many NL East people in here between you (Nats), me (Mets) and Mr. Clue (Fish). I personally don't expect none of our teams to do much this year. Lol.
    01-22-2018 09:22 AM
    MIA, seeing this on GSMArena made me think of you and what you recently shared:

Sunday debate: Is removing the headphone jack the way forward? - GSMArena

Not with the first guy but with the second guy's opinion.
    I have something written on this too I'll post here...or you can if you want to when you read it.
    libra89 likes this.
    01-22-2018 09:24 AM
    We got too many NL East people in here between you (Nats), me (Mets) and Mr. Clue (Fish). I personally don't expect none of our teams to do much this year. Lol.
    Haha true. As long as the Braves don't make it either, I'm good. The Mets or the Marlins going the distance would make for an interesting story, especially the Mets because it's been a good while.

If the Nats wind me up again to get the same Game 5 result this upcoming season, I would be annoyed. I'll happily wear my NL East Champs shirt of course but eh.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-22-2018 09:33 AM
    I have something written on this too I'll post here...or you can if you want to when you read it.
    I'm good with either option. If it's already up, I wouldn't mind a link. If not, I can wait, just remind me when it drops or will come out soon. I know a bit based on what you have said here but if you have any more thoughts, I'm curious to know.
    01-22-2018 09:34 AM
    Much? You're way too optimistic. If the Nats move Harper they might go into a freefall. Nothing says "we give up" like dealing your best player, a situation Fish Fans are all too familiar with. Besides, the team is getting old. Strasberg's arm is more worn than mine.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-22-2018 10:42 AM
    Much? You're way too optimistic. If the Nats move Harper they might go into a freefall. Nothing says "we give up" like dealing your best player, a situation Fish Fans are all too familiar with. Besides, the team is getting old. Strasberg's arm is more worn than mine.
    I don't want to hear that about Stras (that statement hurts lol), people around my area still occasionally talk about the shutdown, which is old. Your Fish have a pretty park with a roof though, which doesn't solve issues of course but that is nice to have.

I want the Nats to keep Harper obviously, but they still scored decently enough to win when he was on the DL for a bit. Don't get me started on run production. I'm glad that they kept some of my favs though.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-22-2018 11:05 AM
    I'm too optimistic for my own good sometimes...
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    01-22-2018 12:31 PM
    Now that it is the week of, my mind is having the idea of going through this process roll around in my head. Just a few days left.

In regards to the book goal, I cheated. I read 7 books and ditched the other 2 that weren't novels or stories. To be fair, I have read 3 other books like the 2 that I ditched earlier in my Kindle Unlimited trial. The final book was a struggle and not because of the goal, but because of the pace of the story. I debated if I wanted to give up or not but I figured that I should see how it ends, rather than have it automatically return and not getting to know.
    01-22-2018 05:30 PM
    I don't want to hear that about Stras (that statement hurts lol), people around my area still occasionally talk about the shutdown, which is old. Your Fish have a pretty park with a roof though, which doesn't solve issues of course but that is nice to have.

I want the Nats to keep Harper obviously, but they still scored decently enough to win when he was on the DL for a bit. Don't get me started on run production. I'm glad that they kept some of my favs though.
    The Florida Marlins (that Miami Marlins rename is garbage, to me) has that club by the outfield that looks really nice.

As long as Philly and Atlanta continue to sleepwalk this year, I'm good.

All three teams need luck. If the Fish trad Yelich and Realmuto, there's no difference between them and Philly/Atlanta. The Mets need health and a hot start; the Nats need a good first three months to keep the Harper trade talks away. Doubt the Nats and Mets are better than the Cards, Cubs and Dodgers.
    libra89 and fatclue_98 like this.
    01-22-2018 05:38 PM
    The Florida Marlins (that Miami Marlins rename is garbage, to me) has that club by the outfield that looks really nice.

All three teams need luck. If the Fish trad Yelich and Realmuto, there's no difference between them and Philly/Atlanta. The Mets need health and a hot start; the Nats need a good first three months to keep the Harper trade talks away. Doubt the Nats and Mets are better than the Cards, Cubs and Dodgers.
    I haven't noticed the club but I'll take your word for it.

Haha! Doubly agree about Atlanta. We will see about Philly. True about the luck. I don't know what it is but the Cubs seem to be fire lately. True about the Cards and the Dodgers, those are some tough teams.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-22-2018 05:46 PM
    I haven't noticed the club but I'll take your word for it.

Haha! Doubly agree about Atlanta. We will see about Philly. True about the luck. I don't know what it is but the Cubs seem to be fire lately. True about the Cards and the Dodgers, those are some tough teams.
    Good mid level teams include AZ, COL and MIL. Question marks are the Pirates and Giants. Lots of teams are in the mix this year...the AL is even worse.
    01-22-2018 05:51 PM

Aha! Someone outside of SoFla that has heard of J.T. Realmuto. Getting better defensively every year and already the best hitting catcher plus above average speed. It's going to really suck to see him go - and he will. Yelich is as good as gone and Justin Bour should consider traveling light and laying off the doughnuts.

Yes, I still call them the Florida Marlins but then again, I still call the Dolphins stadium Joe Robbie Stadium. Partly because I can't remember what name they're going by any given year.
    libra89 likes this.
    01-22-2018 07:06 PM
    Good mid level teams include AZ, COL and MIL. Question marks are the Pirates and Giants. Lots of teams are in the mix this year...the AL is even worse.
    Pirates without 'Cutch and Gerritt Cole will be a tough watch. Arizona's looking pretty good, may need to hear from @aximtreo for the skinny.
    libra89 likes this.
    01-22-2018 07:09 PM
    Aha! Someone outside of SoFla that has heard of J.T. Realmuto. Getting better defensively every year and already the best hitting catcher plus above average speed. It's going to really suck to see him go - and he will. Yelich is as good as gone and Justin Bour should consider traveling light and laying off the doughnuts.

Yes, I still call them the Florida Marlins but then again, I still call the Dolphins stadium Joe Robbie Stadium. Partly because I can't remember what name they're going by any given year.
    My first into baseball is the same as football...the second game I watched seriously ever was David Cone's perfect game in '99. Did the same as foobtall...watched the announcers. Even though I lived by Yankee stadium for while, I was a Mets fan...but I'd watch everything.

Those are good players...but Jeter has to careful in setting a precedent of trading players when they complain in the media...
    aximtreo likes this.
    01-22-2018 07:33 PM
    Pirates without 'Cutch and Gerritt Cole will be a tough watch. Arizona's looking pretty good, may need to hear from @aximtreo for the skinny.
    Not sure what's going on. The longer it takes for JD Martinez to sign the more a one year deal with the Dbacks becomes more realistic. We are a mid to small level team so have to pinch pennies. We have a good farm system with good young prospects but we need that one big bat addition to take the heat off of Goldy. Fingers crossed. Single game tickets don't go on sale until late Feb. early March but we have people calling and coming down to the ticket office to buy. Haven't seen that happen for a few years.
    01-23-2018 06:11 AM
    Not sure what's going on. The longer it takes for JD Martinez to sign the more a one year deal with the Dbacks becomes more realistic. We are a mid to small level team so have to pinch pennies. We have a good farm system with good young prospects but we need that one big bat addition to take the heat off of Goldy. Fingers crossed. Single game tickets don't go on sale until late Feb. early March but we have people calling and coming down to the ticket office to buy. Haven't seen that happen for a few years.
    Goldy is by far the most underrated player in the NL. The West will be another dogfight this year...
    Laura Knotek and aximtreo like this.
    01-23-2018 06:58 AM
    Goldy is by far the most underrated player in the NL. The West will be another dogfight this year...
    Not related but your recent post, you are so on it about mistakes that can be made. Thanks for writing about the topic. As always, it was interesting to read your thoughts.

I have to remember that last statement you wrote every time someone "suggests" it for me lol.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    01-23-2018 07:27 AM
    Somehow in my school prep, I forgot about some of the basics I need, which I plan to get tonight.

Also note, I'm debating if I should consider some coffee for those days but at the same time, I don't want to be dependent on it. I'm probably going to look into some things but anyone has any suggestions or things that worked for them, I'll appreciate it.

This is a half week so it's a good test for me. I have life things though the whole weekend after class. A nap will probably be in order for me but can't really nap on weekdays.
    01-23-2018 09:21 AM
    Somehow in my school prep, I forgot about some of the basics I need, which I plan to get tonight.

Also note, I'm debating if I should consider some coffee for those days but at the same time, I don't want to be dependent on it. I'm probably going to look into some things but anyone has any suggestions or things that worked for them, I'll appreciate it.

This is a half week so it's a good test for me. I have life things though the whole weekend after class. A nap will probably be in order for me but can't really nap on weekdays.
    Don't over think it...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-23-2018 10:35 AM
    Don't over think it...
    I'll do my best, but you're saying this to a girl who overthinks almost by default lol. I just like to be prepared, I'm a planner type. In my case, it is a gift but can also be a pain.

I'm going to see how it goes that day and probably also the other day and see how that goes and then make a decision on what to do.
    01-23-2018 10:49 AM
    We have flooded area around where we are living currently. This isn't a lake or river...

dsc_0012-01.jpeg
    01-23-2018 10:56 AM
    Portrait mode on the Pixel 2.
    Still the leader of the pack.
    libra89, Laura Knotek and aximtreo like this.
    01-23-2018 11:07 AM
143,560 ... 56245625562656275628 ...