Ah, this vicariously living through 99's toy habit (and not being able to participate) almost sucks as much as knowing that we have to let the current President back into the country after his oversea trip...
    I'm amused by the "let the current president back into the country"
    01-26-2018 08:56 PM
    I will feed your habit tomorrow as well once the Panda Pixel 2 XL arrives.
    Well, that'll be nice to see.
    01-26-2018 08:57 PM
    Andy's team updated the camera app today. It seems interesting and a bit more useful.
    libra89 likes this.
    01-26-2018 09:00 PM
    Came home to find my x3 arrived via FedEx. Apps and PIM is all set up, now just waiting for 1709 to finish downloading and install.
    I'll be looking forward to your thoughts and impressions on it. Congrats again on the x3!
    fatclue_98 and aximtreo like this.
    01-26-2018 09:02 PM
    I'm amused by the "let the current president back into the country"
    If only that were so funny...
    01-26-2018 09:02 PM
    If only that were so funny...
    That is true but I can only be amused because it sounds funny. That would be nice for sure though.
    01-26-2018 09:04 PM
    That is true but I can only be amused because it sounds funny. That would be nice for sure though.
    "Lock him up!"
    fatclue_98 and libra89 like this.
    01-26-2018 09:16 PM
    For some reason, I'm still hung up on the Nokia 8 and V30+.
    01-26-2018 09:21 PM
    I'll be looking forward to your thoughts and impressions on it. Congrats again on the x3!
    I've had this one before, just missed it and the price was too good to pass up.

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk
    01-26-2018 09:26 PM
    "Lock him up!"
    That would make for a helluva Madea movie.

MSFTisMIA and libra89 like this.
    01-26-2018 09:27 PM
    For some reason, I'm still hung up on the Nokia 8 and V30+.
    Sounds like it might be one of those things that you'll have to try to get it out of mind eventually.
    01-26-2018 09:59 PM
    I've had this one before, just missed it and the price was too good to pass up.

Nicee! I totally forgot. Wait, hasn't there been some firmware updates since the last time you tried it? It will probably be nice to go back to that nice battery life.
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    01-26-2018 10:01 PM
    Andy's team updated the camera app today. It seems interesting and a bit more useful.
    Oh yeah, I read about that. Will you gain anything out of the update? (More like something you would actually use or will be to your benefit) For some reason, I forgot that you had the Essential Phone until I read this post.

Is grad school already eating my brain? That's a joke but this is the third thing today that I mixed up or forgotten LOL.

Or maybe I'm just thinking about what I need to do for this class (homework wise for this weekend) to the point where my brain doesn't want to let it go...until I do it.
    01-26-2018 10:05 PM
    Nicee! I totally forgot. Wait, hasn't there been some firmware updates since the last time you tried it? It will probably be nice to go back to that nice battery life.
    Among other things. I forgot how much I missed texts being read out loud by my truck's hands-free. It's little things like this that makes it so hard to ditch W10 completely. Although.......I will be looking at the Sony XA2 Ultra next month when it comes out. Their Android skin is so much better than TouchWiz.

libra89, aximtreo and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-26-2018 10:11 PM
    Among other things. I forgot how much I missed texts being read out loud by my truck's hands-free. It's little things like this that makes it so hard to ditch W10 completely. Although.......I will be looking at the Sony XA2 Ultra next month when it comes out. Their Android skin is so much better than TouchWiz.

Cool! I can understand that.

I totally agree about Sony's skin versus TouchWiz. Recently (or at least as recent as the XZ1 Compact I had), you can change most icons with icon packs with the default launcher which I loved.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-26-2018 10:14 PM
    Sounds like it might be one of those things that you'll have to try to get it out of mind eventually.
    Or just buy them. Lol.
    libra89 likes this.
    01-26-2018 10:15 PM
    Oh yeah, I read about that. Will you gain anything out of the update? (More like something you would actually use or will be to your benefit) For some reason, I forgot that you had the Essential Phone until I read this post.

Is grad school already eating my brain? That's a joke but this is the third thing today that I mixed up or forgotten LOL.

Or maybe I'm just thinking about what I need to do for this class (homework wise for this weekend) to the point where my brain doesn't want to let it go...until I do it.
    I think it makes the camera better. I'll test it out but I like the improvements.
    libra89 likes this.
    01-26-2018 10:18 PM
    Or just buy them. Lol.
    That is true. I can get that...as you probably already know.
    MSFTisMIA and aximtreo like this.
    01-26-2018 10:39 PM
    Ouch, GSMArena released a review for the Sony Xperia XA2 and from what it seems to be, it's close but no cigar. Again for me. Welp.

That sucks because the battery life is great and everything else sounds good but I'm done buying phones with weak front cameras, which is the XA2's downfall for me.

I'll love to see how Android Central, and PhoneArena rate it but for now, it sounds like it will not work out.
    Guytronic likes this.
    01-26-2018 10:56 PM
    That is true. I can get that...as you probably already know.
    I think that if Andy's team continues to tweak the camera app, it can ease my interest in wanting to try the Nokia 8.

But honestly, if I were doing this over, I'd try the Nokia 8 before Andy's phone from a long term perspective...I think HMD will do a better job of supporting their device over Andy's team. Bigger company, more resources.

We'll see if my opinion changes with 8.0 on Andy's phone, but I doubt it.
    Last edited by MSFTisMIA; 01-27-2018 at 12:32 PM.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-27-2018 09:50 AM
    I think that if Andy's team continues to tweak the camera app, it can ease my interest in waiting to try the Nokia 8.

But honestly, if I were doing this over, I'd try the Nokia 8 before Andy's phone from a long term perspective...I think HMD will do a better job of supporting their device over Andy's team. Bigger company, more resources.

We'll see if my opinion changes with 8.0 on Andy's phone, but I doubt it.
    Ah okay, that makes sense. It sounds like you'll see but that's smart not to put your hopes in it.
    01-27-2018 12:14 PM
    I'll be honest and say that I had a moment in class the other night that had me wondering if I belonged there.

Then I had to remind myself that I wasn't admitted to the program by mistake, I was meant to be there too. Funnily enough, my coworker actually felt the same in her class too because like me, she was the only one. I'm not the only black person in class but I am the only one in my program in class. I feel like I'll have to keep reminding myself of this.

99 and MIA, have either of you ever felt that way in grad school or know anyone that has? Anyone else is also welcome to chime in too.
    aximtreo likes this.
    01-27-2018 12:22 PM
    I'll be honest and say that I had a moment in class the other night that had me wondering if I belonged there.

Then I had to remind myself that I wasn't admitted to the program by mistake, I was meant to be there too. Funnily enough, my coworker actually felt the same in her class too because like me, she was the only one. I'm not the only black person in class but I am the only one in my program in class. I feel like I'll have to keep reminding myself of this.

99 and MIA, have either of you ever felt that way in grad school or know anyone that has? Anyone else is also welcome to chime in too.
    Of course.

I had that the first class I took in the summer of 2012, as it was a semester condensed into 7 weeks. I was still working full time and it was my first serious class in 4 years, and first paper driven class in 8. Then I opened my mouth and the professor and classmates responded positively. I ended up with an A and it confirmed my decision.

The most recent version of this was at work on Thursday during a simulation training. I was distracted as the two high needs clients I'm working with were blowing up my phone during the training and I was putting out fires during the breaks. When I stepped into the role play, I was hesitant, wordy and wasn't getting positive feedback from the group. I felt rusty and inexperienced as most everyone was using great technique.

Then I visited a client on the in-patient floor which had emailed me the end of the workday before that she had readmitted due to a life-threatening complication. I went to see her and she was stunned to see me walk in. She stated how happy she was to see me (never expected to see me) and was willing to let me provide after care for her post discharge.

I share both to state that if you're vested in what you do, you'll have human moments were you question yourself. But if you're vested in what you do, you'll get affirmation you're either on the right track - or it's OK to change paths. The trick though is to remain open to listening so you can see the signs when they're presented to you.

Take what you wish from that.
    01-27-2018 12:49 PM
    Of course.

I had that the first class I took in the summer of 2012, as it was a semester condensed into 7 weeks. I was still working full time and it was my first serious class in 4 years, and first paper driven class in 8. Then I opened my mouth and the professor and classmates responded positively. I ended up with an A and it confirmed my decision.

The most recent version of this was at work on Thursday during a simulation training. I was distracted as the two high needs clients I'm working with were blowing up my phone during the training and I was putting out fires during the breaks. When I stepped into the role play, I was hesitant, wordy and wasn't getting positive feedback from the group. I felt rusty and inexperienced as most everyone was using great technique.

Then I visited a client on the in-patient floor which had emailed me the end of the workday before that she had readmitted due to a life-threatening complication. I went to see her and she was stunned to see me walk in. She stated how happy she was to see me (never expected to see me) and was willing to let me provide after care for her post discharge.

I share both to state that if you're vested in what you do, you'll have human moments were you question yourself. But if you're vested in what you do, you'll get affirmation you're either on the right track - or it's OK to change paths. The trick though is to remain open to listening so you can see the signs when they're presented to you.

Take what you wish from that.
    Thank you for sharing your experiences with me. I'll have to keep it in mind. This helps a lot actually.

I mean I knew that I would be a minority but I guess it was shocking to experience it. Hearing how some of my classmates interpreted the data set blew my mind.

I'm going to make a mental note to myself about your experiences when I find myself questioning if I belong.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    01-27-2018 12:58 PM
    Sometimes we forget how much bleeding edge tech we enthusiasts use.
    libra89 likes this.
    01-27-2018 01:07 PM
143,692 ... 56275628562956305631 ...