Sometimes I'm glad I don't always follow conventional wisdom or seek to tote the party lines. I think that I would have really flipped out growing up in this social media age...
    01-28-2018 03:45 PM
    I'm still looking for new material to ramble about...so if anyone has any non-Trump related ideas, feel free to let me know...
    libra89, Laura Knotek and aximtreo like this.
    01-28-2018 04:01 PM
    Hey Laura, do we have a thread talking about beards here in the Off Topic lounge?

I was going to cut mine lower today but went with more of a maintenance look, much to the GF's chagrin. I wish I had that movie star look to mine but I have to cut mine low to get that. So it is either full and scraggly or neat and thin. SMH.
    01-28-2018 04:15 PM
    The so called 'other' classes is what got me my first job and opened up a career avenue for me. So I highly recommend it. The only slight downside I see these days is that it will cost you. When I was is grad school, once I paid for 12 credits, I could tack on other classes for free and that's what I did. I added a bunch of engineering statistics classes from the Industrial Engineering department for free. I was recently looking at my grad school fee and program of study structure and saw that was going to be difficult and expensive which saddened me.
    Wow, that's really interesting. Whoa 12 credits sounds like suicide to everything in life and in general (in my mind anyway). That's cool that it was able to do that for you in the end. My boss has a similar story, she wanted to be an instructional librarian (but her advisor said that it would be good for her to learn cataloging to stay here (she wasn't born in the US) so she did (even though she has the instructional foundation too) and that was how she ended up here eventually.

You have a great point but I'm torn. I have no desire to do instruction/teaching but thanks to her, I might just take a class related to it at the most. A solid quarter of my track is data management which already seems out of the zone, even though my boss reminded me of the connection that it can have.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-28-2018 06:31 PM
    Went well as far as listening to music is concerned. So the app (Saavn) that I use for music in the car is now a paid version on iOS and Android but on WM the free one works just fine and no ads which was great.

Took one picture and the same with the Pixel. No contest there. Deleted the picture taken by the Idol promptly.

Battery life is great though.
    Very cool about the app! I have heard of it but haven't tried it. I figured as much about the picture but that's great about the battery life.
    Laura Knotek and aximtreo like this.
    01-28-2018 06:33 PM
    01-28-2018 06:34 PM
    Hey Laura, do we have a thread talking about beards here in the Off Topic lounge?

I was going to cut mine lower today but went with more of a maintenance look, much to the GF's chagrin. I wish I had that movie star look to mine but I have to cut mine low to get that. So it is either full and scraggly or neat and thin. SMH.
    Hey MIA, we don't have one but please feel free to start one. ☺️
    libra89, MSFTisMIA and aximtreo like this.
    01-28-2018 09:29 PM
    Hey MIA, we don't have one but please feel free to start one.
    Maybe I will...
    Laura Knotek and aximtreo like this.
    01-28-2018 10:24 PM

I bypassed the beard and stache this "winter". I can't wear one in the summer because I hate having to use vaseline to seal my dive mask. If the water temperature dips below 80 it's too cold so snorkeling is out. I know, I'm a wuss for cold water. There's too many sharks in the water to wear a suit and look like a fat seal.
    aximtreo likes this.
    01-29-2018 07:35 AM
    I bypassed the beard and stache this "winter". I can't wear one in the summer because I hate having to use vaseline to seal my dive mask. If the water temperature dips below 80 it's too cold so snorkeling is out. I know, I'm a wuss for cold water. There's too many sharks in the water to wear a suit and look like a fat seal.
    I look 17 fully clean shaven. I don't have the time for that.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    01-29-2018 09:01 AM
    I look 17 fully clean shaven. I don't have the time for that.
    Unless you're Ralph Macchio, that goes away. Trust me.
    aximtreo likes this.
    01-29-2018 09:04 AM
    so a bit of a sad story, thought it's a bit late since it happened 2 weeks ago. so you all remember who taco bell girl is right. well I'll leave this here http://www.actionnewsnow.com/content...469461263.html.
    01-29-2018 11:03 AM
    though what made me mad was when I found the same article. on fox News. all the info on there was wrong, not one thing was true and was to further their own agenda. reading the comments didn't help either. smh using someone's death to further one's agenda but then again we got Mr coveff as president.
    01-29-2018 11:06 AM
    so a bit of a sad story, thought it's a bit late since it happened 2 weeks ago. so you all remember who taco bell girl is right. well I'll leave this here http://www.actionnewsnow.com/content...469461263.html.
    So this happened to taco bell girl?
    01-29-2018 11:21 AM
    So this happened to taco bell girl?
    yup this is local news so this is. correct sadly :/
    01-29-2018 11:34 AM
    so a bit of a sad story, thought it's a bit late since it happened 2 weeks ago. so you all remember who taco bell girl is right. well I'll leave this here Coworkers react to death of missing Williams woman.
    This was before my time but this is really sad. I'm sorry :(
    sahib lopez likes this.
    01-29-2018 12:52 PM
    yup this is local news so this is. correct sadly :/
    I'm very sorry for you loss, Sahib. Really am.

Feel free to reach out to me offline if this is really bothering you and you need a space to process any parts of it.
    01-29-2018 01:57 PM
    Unless you're Ralph Macchio, that goes away. Trust me.
    If you've seen Sahib, I look along those lines when clean shaven.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    01-29-2018 02:05 PM
    Well, I opened the beard thread. We'll see if it gets traction.

Yes, it has the most up-to-date picture of me, for those curious.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-29-2018 02:14 PM
    Well, I opened the beard thread. We'll see if it gets traction.

Yes, it has the most up-to-date picture of me, for those curious.
    I would think that it should. No way you're alone in that. I see guys with beards fairly often. Good luck with the thread though!
    01-29-2018 02:42 PM
    I would think that it should. No way you're alone in that. I see guys with beards fairly often. Good luck with the thread though!
    Well, we'll see what happens.

Some girls like the facial hair though...but I won't put you on the spot as to your preferences...
    libra89 likes this.
    01-29-2018 02:51 PM
    I wonder how much of a difference 8.0 will make on Andy's phone. I still like the look of the Nokia 8 more, even though design wise they're equally stunning.

Maybe I'm just swayed more by the headphone jack and microSD expansion.
    libra89 and sahib lopez like this.
    01-29-2018 03:00 PM
    Well, we'll see what happens.

Some girls like the facial hair though...but I won't put you on the spot as to your preferences...
    I'm mostly indifferent, it depends on the guy and if it's not a lot. Random examples that come to mind for me (in the tech world) is like MrMobile and Dan of Windows Central. The facial hair works for MrMobile but it also works without for me too. For Dan, not really into it. Let's just say that it's at the bottom of my list of things to consider.

For you, it works very nicely. (I had to say it even though you probably already know that.)
    01-29-2018 03:44 PM
    I wonder how much of a difference 8.0 will make on Andy's phone. I still like the look of the Nokia 8 more, even though design wise they're equally stunning.

Maybe I'm just swayed more by the headphone jack and microSD expansion.
    That makes sense considering the importance of music to you in your commute, if I remember correctly.
    01-29-2018 03:46 PM
    I'm mostly indifferent, it depends on the guy and if it's not a lot. Random examples that come to mind for me (in the tech world) is like MrMobile and Dan of Windows Central. The facial hair works for MrMobile but it also works without for me too. For Dan, not really into it. Let's just say that it's at the bottom of my list of things to consider.

For you, it works very nicely. (I had to say it even though you probably already know that.)
    Thanks. I like it, but she doesn't. Go figure.
    libra89 likes this.
    01-29-2018 04:37 PM
145,818 ... 56295630563156325633 ...