I suppose my coworkers are the people Samsung and Google are fighting for as consumers.

So a "work couple", no married to each other as they have their own real marriages and kids, and I were talking at the end of the work day. The dude has an S8+, she just got a Google Pixel 2 XL. She talked about stealing her husband's wireless headphones and didn't care much about my wired type C headphones. The dude was like: "no headphone jack, that's stupid." They both like the size and the battery life on each model. The girl used to be a Samsung user and talked about it running "a bit slower and didn't want to deal with it".

Of course, any commentary I had got lost as they were checking out each other's devices.

Again, a minority...as parents, great point and shoot cameras are essential for them. Good battery life, watching lots of multimedia on a big screen too.
    That sounds like an interesting conversation to overhear. And some people say that non tech people don't know about the Pixel phones. That's clearly a lie.
    01-30-2018 08:33 PM
    That sounds like an interesting conversation to overhear. And some people say that non tech people don't know about the Pixel phones. That's clearly a lie.
    Her husband is the techie - she admitted that. It's often usually the case.
    libra89 and sahib lopez like this.
    01-30-2018 08:35 PM
    Her husband is the techie - she admitted that. It's often usually the case.
    Ah okay. Aw, I got excited too soon I guess. Thanks for that note, that does make a difference.
    01-30-2018 08:50 PM
    Ah okay. Aw, I got excited too soon I guess. Thanks for that note, that does make a difference.
    Same thing in my setup. She usually comes to me when it gets super techy with some stuff but she's more than the average consumer.
    libra89 likes this.
    01-30-2018 09:31 PM
    Well there's a bright side. I was able to move up from the last row to Row 14 on the long flight and an aisle seat to boot.
    libra89, aximtreo and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-30-2018 09:33 PM
    Oh and I will be able to see the Super Blue Red Moon / eclipse tomorrow on my drive to the airport. Hopefully that will be the highlight of the day.
    01-30-2018 09:34 PM
    Heading to the airport now. Will see the Super Blue Red Moon and eclipse on the drive.
    libra89, Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    01-31-2018 05:49 AM
    Hey Libra, I thought of you on this one.

https://www.phonearena.com/news/Sony...-slim_id102122
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-31-2018 06:34 AM
    Hey Libra, I thought of you on this one.

https://www.phonearena.com/news/Sony...-slim_id102122
    Hmm interesting, thanks for sharing it. If this device comes to life, I would totally forget about the XA2, since this seems to be the same height as my Galaxy A3, which is awesome!
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    01-31-2018 07:25 AM
    Another long day ahead. At least Friday should be shorter.
    fatclue_98 and N_LaRUE like this.
    01-31-2018 08:00 AM
    Another long day ahead. At least Friday should be shorter.
    Good for you. Friday is going to be a very long day for me. Returning from Michigan via DC.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-31-2018 08:13 AM
    ... its one of those moment when I think it's about time to move on... a change of city, the way to live, back to basic...

... !
    01-31-2018 08:16 AM
    ... its one of those moment when I think it's about time to move on... a change of city, the way to live, back to basic...

... !
    I hear you. The wife wants to move to Spain and raise Alpacas.
    raycpl, Laura Knotek and aximtreo like this.
    01-31-2018 08:55 AM

... !
    I wish you luck with this.
    raycpl and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-31-2018 09:07 AM
    Aw man, I planned to watch something during my break and I didn't know that there would be a subscription wall for it because there wasn't one before. I just hope that I would have time to watch it later today.
    01-31-2018 09:09 AM
    More like a little fruit orchard, a tiny house and chicken running in the yard.. ( obladi oblada..etc etc)

... !
    01-31-2018 09:43 AM
    Farming goats and knuckleheads is more exciting. My money is on the goats being more cooperative.
    01-31-2018 12:21 PM
    More like a little fruit orchard, a tiny house and chicken running in the yard.. ( obladi oblada..etc etc)

... !
    Yeah man, me and Molly could use a break. I'll just stay at home and do my pretty face. La la how the life goes on.
    Laura Knotek, raycpl and aximtreo like this.
    01-31-2018 02:06 PM
    Portrait mode, Andy's phone. Yes, I did break the stress pill.
    01-31-2018 03:23 PM
    It's cold here. Anyway eclipse was fantastic. Lousy picture though. And one more of a dinosaur skeleton replica at O'Hare airport today.
    01-31-2018 03:34 PM
    It's cold here. Anyway eclipse was fantastic. Lousy picture though. And one more of a dinosaur skeleton replica at O'Hare airport today.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...7ceec4cb8e.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...450584535a.jpg
    #datPixelcamera
    01-31-2018 05:54 PM
    More randomness with Andy's phone. Yes, this is a giant art piece by 34th St with Madison Square Garden in the background. Top is portrait mode, bottom is you-know-what.
    01-31-2018 06:08 PM
    Note to self: Split up your work, it's much easier that way and less overwhelming.

Now I also need to remember to do that for my readings.
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-31-2018 10:51 PM
    I wish you luck with this.
    Been in the company for 17yrs. So the boss is starting to handover the reins to his chilren, who wants to do some things differently. Looks like the transition ain't gonna be pretty. Most of the older but key staff ain't taking a liking to this. Office politics sucks...

Like The Clash once sang "darling ya gotta let me know should I stay or should I go"

... !
    02-01-2018 12:57 AM
    Whereabouts in Spain? Spain is nice and I like it but it's never been a place I wanted to live.

You have to be careful where you go. Hunting is a big thing in Spain (and other EU countries) so you need to think carefully about where you would live to avoid issues.

People can be a bit rouge in Spain (and other EU countries) and authorities usually turn a blind eye to it.

I know of a British person looking to sell off their llamas, I know not the same. They've become too ill to care for them. I can't remember if they're planning on returning to the UK. The have a property in France.
    Laura Knotek and aximtreo like this.
    02-01-2018 01:49 AM
144,463 ... 56315632563356345635 ...