02-18-2018 07:43 PM
    02-18-2018 07:46 PM
    Those would be beautiful desktop wallpapers.
    worldspy99 and libra89 like this.
    02-18-2018 08:56 PM
    Going to have to take some time off for my sanity. Not a whole day but some hours will make a big difference for me this week. I have stuff going on in all areas of my life that are all going down this week. I can and can't wait until Saturday.
    02-19-2018 08:10 AM
    Oh well. Guess that's that.
    Talked to my friendly coworker about this (the one I messaged you about her story as material) and she said the same thing as you. She said that I should think of a reason (like something I wanted to ask him) to contact my friend to ask for his number. She says that I can be just his friend.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    02-19-2018 08:52 AM
    Going to have to take some time off for my sanity. Not a whole day but some hours will make a big difference for me this week. I have stuff going on in all areas of my life that are all going down this week. I can and can't wait until Saturday.
    Take a deep breath, then go handle your business. Good luck.
    libra89 likes this.
    02-19-2018 09:25 AM
    Talked to my friendly coworker about this (the one I messaged you about her story as material) and she said the same thing as you. She said that I should think of a reason (like something I wanted to ask him) to contact my friend to ask for his number. She says that I can be just his friend.
    Exactly.

Lots of us are attracted to people and we find out it's better to love them in a platonic over a romantic manner. You don't have to jump into romance with everyone you like and find interesting
    libra89 likes this.
    02-19-2018 09:29 AM
    Take a deep breath, then go handle your business. Good luck.
    Thank you. I would have taken off today but I still have class tonight so I might not have much of a gain.
    02-19-2018 09:38 AM
    Exactly.

Lots of us are attracted to people and we find out it's better to love them in a platonic over a romantic manner. You don't have to jump into romance with everyone you like and find interesting
    You're right about that. In his case, I wouldn't mind it, I think. I was kind of vague about him but one thing that draws me to him is that he gives a vibe of not being as judgy. I know that everyone is used to wearing hats/shells/whatever you want to call it, but I feel like all of the people I consider friends (I'm not including my ex, who I chose to cut ties with), I still have that guard up to a point, even after all of this time. With him, it feels refreshing to not have to have it as much with the conversations we have had.

I would like to have more friends who I feel like I could not be as guarded with because it's exhausting. I feel like I'm rambling but as a receiver (and naturally empathetic), I would give things to also have a friend like that in my corner, at least one. He doesn't have to be the one obviously but I miss that more than anything else from my ex.
    Last edited by libra89; 02-19-2018 at 10:03 AM.
    02-19-2018 09:50 AM
    You're right about that. In his case, I wouldn't mind it, I think. I was kind of vague about him but one thing that draws me to him is that he gives a vibe of not being as judgy. I know that everyone is used to wearing hats/shells/whatever you want to call it, but I feel like all of the people I consider friends (I'm not including my ex, who I chose to cut ties with), I still have that guard up to a point, even after all of this time. With him, it feels refreshing to not have to have it as much with the conversations we have had.

I would like to have more friends who I feel like I could not be as guarded with because it's exhausting. I feel like I'm rambling but as a receiver (and naturally empathetic), I would give things to also have a friend like that in my corner, at least one. He doesn't have to be the one obviously but I miss that more than anything else from my ex.
    Well, pursuing your interests can be one way of doing this.

As human beings we all potentially have a lot to offer to each other. It is ok to be wary and guarded for self preservation; the trick is how to screen people to better understand who to let in and what they get to see once they're in your circle.
    libra89 likes this.
    02-19-2018 09:59 AM
    So I'm making this:

https://gracefoods.com/recipe-a-z/re...3-sorrel-drink

Not this exact recipe, but my mother's variant. Me being me added more cloves, ginger and orange peel to it for this round and plan to let it steep for a day and a half before mixing. I think I'll put it in some pint jars for my immediate work colleagues if I like how it comes out.

I'm going to do two versions: one now and one in July for the doctor's annual BBQ. That one I'll make the way Mr. Clue would drink has the rum in it as a mandatory ingredient.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-19-2018 10:07 AM
    Well, pursuing your interests can be one way of doing this.

As human beings we all potentially have a lot to offer to each other. It is ok to be wary and guarded for self preservation; the trick is how to screen people to better understand who to let in and what they get to see once they're in your circle.
    True, we'll see. I hope it works for me.

It sounds like you have mastered the screening. I'm still trying to get there. I used to make the mistake of just sharing things and caring a lot for everyone that I thought was a friend until I got burned a lot of times. Now I just share what is low-risk and I try not to show that I care a lot, just enough.
    02-19-2018 10:15 AM
    True, we'll see.

It sounds like you have mastered the screening. I'm still trying to get there. I used to make the mistake of just sharing things and caring a lot for everyone that I thought was a friend until I got burned a lot of times. Now I just share what is "low-risk" and I try not to show that I care a lot, just enough.
    I haven't mastered the screening at all. I know what I want and focus on that. Because I'm human, I don't always get it right; if you're comfortable to stand behind your decisions then, it's OK what your choices are.
    libra89 likes this.
    02-19-2018 10:19 AM
    It's funny how folks are getting sneaky trying to post links to their blogs/sites for self promotion these days on the forums instead of becoming an active member of the community.

I mean why can't you just post the answer to help out someone? SMH.
    libra89, Laura Knotek and aximtreo like this.
    02-19-2018 10:45 AM
    It's funny how folks are getting sneaky trying to post links to their blogs/sites for self promotion these days on the forums instead of becoming an active member of the community.

I mean why can't you just post the answer to help out someone? SMH.
    I am sure that must be annoying for the mods to see.

The dynamic around here has changed a ton, it's not surprising to see stuff like this.
    02-19-2018 10:50 AM
    I suppose that with the current direction of Android, if I rock two devices I need one with a skin and another with the "stock" experience. Lol.

"What a revolting development." - Ben Grimm.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    02-19-2018 04:14 PM
    I suppose that with the current direction of Android, if I rock two devices I need one with a skin and another with the "stock" experience. Lol.

"What a revolting development." - Ben Grimm.
    I thought I would have difficulty adjusting to a skinned device after using stock Android for 2 1/2 years, but surprisingly I had no issues. Granted, though, I've always used Nova Launcher, whether or not I had skinned device or stock Android.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    02-19-2018 04:20 PM
    I thought I would have difficulty adjusting to a skinned device after using stock Android for 2 1/2 years, but surprisingly I had no issues. Granted, though, I've always used Nova Launcher, whether or not I had skinned device or stock Android.
    That's the thing - we are more savvy users. Like you, it's always Nova for me. The GF uses TouchWiz as is on her Note 5 and Google Now launcher on her Nexus 7. She is a bit better than the "average consumer" but prefers to not tinker with her device much.

I don't mind a skin if the OEM was up-front: "2-3 OS upgrades and every month security updates for 30 months". As long as the skin is light enough to offer value added features to be different but not a pain in the *** to code...I'm for it. The issues is nobody has hit this middle ground. HTC's been flirting with it, but either you're in the Google/Essential/HMD/Blackberry route or the everybody else. Xiaomi is kinda one of the better skinned OEMs in their beta program, but they support more devices longer than anyone else.

Until consumers start voting with their wallets, nothing will change.
    02-19-2018 06:06 PM
    That's the thing - we are more savvy users. Like you, it's always Nova for me. The GF uses TouchWiz as is on her Note 5 and Google Now launcher on her Nexus 7. She is a bit better than the "average consumer" but prefers to not tinker with her device much.

I don't mind a skin if the OEM was up-front: "2-3 OS upgrades and every month security updates for 30 months". As long as the skin is light enough to offer value added features to be different but not a pain in the *** to code...I'm for it. The issues is nobody has hit this middle ground. HTC's been flirting with it, but either you're in the Google/Essential/HMD/Blackberry route or the everybody else. Xiaomi is kinda one of the better skinned OEMs in their beta program, but they support more devices longer than anyone else.

Until consumers start voting with their wallets, nothing will change.
    For my tastes, BlackBerry does it best at PIM and Sony has a very light skin with the best stock multimedia apps. I'm done fighting Android to make it look like Windows or anything else. My S8+ is gathering dust in my drawer until they get it right while my iPhone 6S+ does the daily duties.
    02-19-2018 07:47 PM
    For my tastes, BlackBerry does it best at PIM and Sony has a very light skin with the best stock multimedia apps. I'm done fighting Android to make it look like Windows or anything else. My S8+ is gathering dust in my drawer until they get it right while my iPhone 6S+ does the daily duties.
    I agree.

I use the iPhone (6S) for work exclusively. I like a cleaner look to Android on myersonal phone so I put the bare minimum apps - my most commonly used. I use Nova and the Sony music app on all my devices. I now use Nine for email on all my devices for my personal email and calendar across all devices. I never did the make Android look like Windows bit as I was always a dual user (Android + Windows).

All I want is a good camera, good audio, fast security patches and stable performance. Hard to find that all in one phone these days on Android.
    02-19-2018 07:55 PM
    New week. Same headaches. The grind continues.
    02-20-2018 10:27 AM
    New week. Same headaches. The grind continues.
    I get it, I just want it to be Saturday.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-20-2018 10:28 AM
    Forget about the Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact. It's a thing but also one without a headphone jack. Sigh. While I'm glad that they are releasing another small phone, I'm not a fan of the lack of the jack.

https://www.phonearena.com/news/Sony...d-out_id102637
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-20-2018 09:52 PM
    Forget about the Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact. It's a thing but also one without a headphone jack. Sigh. While I'm glad that they are releasing another small phone, I'm not a fan of the lack of the jack.

https://www.phonearena.com/news/Sony...d-out_id102637
    I'm not surprised Sony is going sans headphone jack. Remember, it's their Bluetooth codecs Google is now leveraging in 8.0...
    02-20-2018 10:07 PM
    I'm not surprised Sony is going sans headphone jack. Remember, it's their Bluetooth codecs Google is now leveraging in 8.0...
    That's true but why do the new XAs have them? I feel like that doesn't make sense to me considering that the releases are close to each other.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-20-2018 10:28 PM
144,439 ... 56455646564756485649 ...