You should go see it. And pull out your dashikis too (I know you have).
    I actually don't have any lol. I might try to see it soon, I needed a Saturday without doing anything social or seeing people. Maybe I could wear a cute dress made out of ankara that my sister's mom in law made for me (she was nice to have a dress made out of the same material for my mom too and my sister as well).

I'm not sure if I have mentioned it before but I'm Nigerian-American (I was born here, my parents were born there and came to the US over 30 years ago).
    02-23-2018 09:50 PM
    We're going to join the masses and go see Black Panther this weekend, hopefully.
    That looks like a great movie. I want to see it. Please let me know how you like it, but don't give any spoilers.
    libra89 likes this.
    02-24-2018 02:49 AM
    I actually don't have any lol. I might try to see it soon, I needed a Saturday without doing anything social or seeing people. Maybe I could wear a cute dress made out of ankara that my sister's mom in law made for me (she was nice to have a dress made out of the same material for my mom too and my sister as well).

I'm not sure if I have mentioned it before but I'm Nigerian-American (I was born here, my parents were born there and came to the US over 30 years ago).
    I knew you were Nigerian, but wasn't sure if you were born here or there.

Still, gotta have a dashiki hidden in the back of the closet.
    libra89 likes this.
    02-24-2018 05:59 AM
    That looks like a great movie. I want to see it. Please let me know how you like it, but don't give any spoilers.
    No spoilers from me. One of the common things is that there have been a fair amount of people who have worn African style dress and makeup to see the movie during the first two week it's been released. It's great because there's a sense of pride that everyone can relate to.

It's on track in terms of sales to beat Star Wars for the all time record.
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-24-2018 06:02 AM
    Oh I see @99 is buying a new car. What about RAV-4 Hybrid? Uncle has it and seems quite satisfied. Or Nissan, not sure what it is over there, Rouge(and Rouge Sport) I think. We are still holding onto 10 year old Laguna, still nothing wrong with it but we were used to changing cars more frequently

Also, last Sunday I had chance to drive new X3 and 540i on BMW Xdrive event, great thing that X3 for an SUV, it genuinely drives well around corners. Still, I just can't help my self loving 540i, for me it is the only car I would ever need.
    aximtreo, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-24-2018 09:13 AM
    Also, we have a bit of snow, 50+ cm of it..
    02-24-2018 09:14 AM
    I knew you were Nigerian, but wasn't sure if you were born here or there.

Still, gotta have a dashiki hidden in the back of the closet.
    Ooh okay, cool. Now you know. You have good memory since you remembered that.

Nah, I'm good lol. I don't have anything that would go with it.
    02-24-2018 09:35 AM
    No spoilers from me. One of the common things is that there have been a fair amount of people who have worn African style dress and makeup to see the movie during the first two week it's been released. It's great because there's a sense of pride that everyone can relate to.

It's on track in terms of sales to beat Star Wars for the all time record.
    Yeah I have seen a lot of people doing that on Instagram and Twitter and it's pretty cool.
    02-24-2018 09:37 AM
    Wow that's enough to cover the roofs. It looks pretty though.
    Sport Driver likes this.
    02-24-2018 09:38 AM
    Yeah I have seen a lot of people doing that on Instagram and Twitter and it's pretty cool.
    The movie's social and cultural impacts cannot be overstated.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-24-2018 09:44 AM
    Note to self: don't fall asleep with the candle still lit. Fortunately, this is a new scented candle (a bath and body works one) so everything was fine, aside from the stuffed nose I now have.
    raycpl likes this.
    02-24-2018 09:45 AM
    The movie's social and cultural impacts cannot be overstated.
    You're so right about that. It's amazing.
    02-24-2018 09:47 AM
    You're so right about that. It's amazing.
    The best part about it is seeing how the children have responded to it too. Really good stuff indeed.
    02-24-2018 09:51 AM
    Planning to see the movie tomorrow.... or go trekking in the forest reserves... depending the weather...

... !
    02-24-2018 09:51 AM
    Oh I see @99 is buying a new car. What about RAV-4 Hybrid? Uncle has it and seems quite satisfied. Or Nissan, not sure what it is over there, Rouge(and Rouge Sport) I think. We are still holding onto 10 year old Laguna, still nothing wrong with it but we were used to changing cars more frequently

Also, last Sunday I had chance to drive new X3 and 540i on BMW Xdrive event, great thing that X3 for an SUV, it genuinely drives well around corners. Still, I just can't help my self loving 540i, for me it is the only car I would ever need.
    Neither one of us likes the RAV4. And the Rogue is good but the CR-V is better for us. Hence the narrowing down to the CR-V.

I love the 320d and might get it next year. We shall see.
    libra89, aximtreo, N_LaRUE and 2 others like this.
    02-24-2018 10:05 AM
    99, are you going to see the movie?
    02-24-2018 10:06 AM
    I've enrolled in the OTA beta program for Andy's phone. Once I get it, I'll put it through its paces to see if it improves the experience.
    02-24-2018 10:43 AM
    I've enrolled in the OTA beta program for Andy's phone. Once I get it, I'll put it through its paces to see if it improves the experience.
    Ooh can you share how that is going for you when you get it and use it? I'm curious to know.
    02-24-2018 12:01 PM
    Speaking of phones, is anyone interested in MWC starting this weekend? Is there anything you are curious to know about?

I want to confirm if the new Sony phones are really not going to have a headphone jack and also pricing. Apparently Sony also has a surprise so I wonder what that will be.
    02-24-2018 12:04 PM
    Ooh can you share how that is going for you when you get it and use it? I'm curious to know.
    Will do.
    02-24-2018 12:11 PM
    Speaking of phones, is anyone interested in MWC starting this weekend? Is there anything you are curious to know about?

I want to confirm if the new Sony phones are really not going to have a headphone jack and also pricing. Apparently Sony also has a surprise so I wonder what that will be.
    I'm more curious to see the Mi 7 and P20, which won't be at MWC. I hope for Sony's sake they've got new camera tricks on their new phones.
    02-24-2018 12:14 PM
    Wow that's enough to cover the roofs. It looks pretty though.
    Just FYI, 50cm is roughly 19-20 inches. So that's a lot of snow!

Weight on the roofs could be dangerous. In Finland they have special teams to clear the roofs in Helsinki. Both to prevent the roof from collapse and to protect people from being hurt or killed.
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 02-25-2018 at 05:23 AM.
    libra89, Laura Knotek and aximtreo like this.
    02-24-2018 03:47 PM

My X3 has Xdrive but it needs to be looked at. I think it had issues... Otherwise we're quite happy with it.

I do miss my 320...
    Sport Driver likes this.
    02-24-2018 03:49 PM
    Just FYI, 50cm is roughly 19-20 inches. So that's a lot of snow!

Weight in the roofs could be dangerous. In Finland they gave special teams to clear the roofs in Helsinki. Both to prevent the roof from collapse and to protect people from being hurt or killed.
    Thanks for that FYI. OMG that's too much snow. I believe that it can be dangerous for sure.
    02-24-2018 04:09 PM
    99, are you going to see the movie?
    Yup. Maybe on Monday. Out car shopping right now.
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-24-2018 04:30 PM
144,464 ... 56485649565056515652 ...