Yup. Maybe on Monday. Out car shopping right now.
    Looks like it won't happen for us this weekend. I have a half mind to see it myself one day in the week and watch it again over the weekend.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-24-2018 05:59 PM
    Shooting in monochrome isn't bad. Just need a better monochrome sensor/ experience. img_20180224_175942.jpg
    02-24-2018 06:01 PM
    Portrait mode isn't my thing, but again, seems usable here...img_20180224_172001.jpg
    02-24-2018 06:01 PM
    I'm more curious to see the Mi 7 and P20, which won't be at MWC. I hope for Sony's sake they've got new camera tricks on their new phones.
    I hope so too for Sony.

The Mi 7 makes sense for you considering how you feel about the Mi Note 2 but I can also picture your interest in the P20.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-24-2018 06:19 PM
    So the colors leaked for the Sony XZ2 series and there's a green in the compact series...and it looks like no headphone jack either. The headphone jack thing is a bummer for sure but it really depends on what I read on Monday morning (or earlier?) for pricing.
    I am a sucker for a nice colored phone but green is like the cherry on top for me. I don't have very high hopes though...
    02-24-2018 06:24 PM
    Speaking of hopes, I haven't heard an update from my friend. She did say that she needed to text him to ask if it was okay first to give his number to me, which I understand. Radio silence since that text earlier in the week. She had stuff going on this week at work so I'm not going to press her about it but I'm wondering if the silence is the answer. If so, it's fine with me.
    At the least, he represents what can exist and that alone is encouraging to me.
    Last edited by libra89; 02-24-2018 at 07:38 PM.
    02-24-2018 06:51 PM
    Speaking of hopes, I haven't heard an update from my friend. She did say that she needed to text him to ask if it was okay first to give his number to me, which I understand. Radio silence since that text earlier in the week. She had stuff going on this week at work so I'm not going to press her about it but I'm wondering if the silence is the answer. If so, it's fine with me.
    At the least, he represents what can exist and that alone is encouraging to me.
    We all aren't that bad, just as how not all of you are utter trainwrecks either.

As long as you stay in tune with what you want, it'll guide you forward...
    libra89 likes this.
    02-24-2018 10:47 PM
    So the colors leaked for the Sony XZ2 series and there's a green in the compact series...and it looks like no headphone jack either. The headphone jack thing is a bummer for sure but it really depends on what I read on Monday morning (or earlier?) for pricing.
    I am a sucker for a nice colored phone but green is like the cherry on top for me. I don't have very high hopes though...
    The terms "Sony" and "proper pricing for its products" are never found in the same sentence at a Sony launch event.

I don't share your optimism there.
    02-24-2018 10:49 PM
    I hope so too for Sony.

The Mi 7 makes sense for you considering how you feel about the Mi Note 2 but I can also picture your interest in the P20.
    Xiaomi won't put the global bands in the Mi 7; they're likely to save those for the Mix Mix 2S/3. Besides, rumor has it the Mi 7 will have a 5.7" display, so it may never be as compact as the Mi 5 days.

Huawei doesn't update their devices software wise in a timely manner, so after the Honor 8, I'll stay away. As much as I liked the Mate 9 and Mate 10 Pro, that's a no-no for me. I'll only tolerate one device like that in my stable at a time *cough*LG*cough*.
    02-24-2018 10:53 PM
    We all aren't that bad, just as how not all of you are utter trainwrecks either.

As long as you stay in tune with what you want, it'll guide you forward...
    Yeah that's true. I guess it's in the people I am surrounded by. I know that everyone has what is ok to them and what is not, but of course there's a spectrum. I'm tired of having most of the people around me think that my acceptance of some things is shocking or wrong.

I don't know if it's a vibe I give or how I am or whatever but people think that it's okay to tell me judgy things and expect me to agree. I don't think I'm above being that way but my parents were/still are pretty judgemental and for a while until I learned a hard life lesson (in my early 20s), that seemed to be normal to me.

I really hope you're right.
    02-24-2018 11:33 PM
    The terms "Sony" and "proper pricing for its products" are never found in the same sentence at a Sony launch event.

I don't share your optimism there.
    Haha that's true! Well, the pricing of the XZ1 Compact wasn't so bad late last year, so it seems like it could be better. Even the recent XA2 has ok pricing to me as well, it isn't overpriced in my eyes.
    02-24-2018 11:37 PM
    Xiaomi won't put the global bands in the Mi 7; they're likely to save those for the Mix Mix 2S/3. Besides, rumor has it the Mi 7 will have a 5.7" display, so it may never be as compact as the Mi 5 days.

Huawei doesn't update their devices software wise in a timely manner, so after the Honor 8, I'll stay away. As much as I liked the Mate 9 and Mate 10 Pro, that's a no-no for me. I'll only tolerate one device like that in my stable at a time *cough*LG*cough*.
    I'll take your word for it on that. Whoa, that sounds like a tall phone. That sounds like a disappointment but you'll find out soon enough.

I don't blame you there at all, considering what you have currently.
    02-24-2018 11:43 PM
    I am done the last thing that I needed to do this week, which was a quiz. I didn't do well, so I'm annoyed and bummed together. I didn't fail but it's a bummer to have a C for your first graded assignment. I also changed 2 of my right answers to the wrong ones at the last minute. Sigh.
    At least I know how his quizzes are like now. There's 3 more to go, with less weeks of material, in comparison to this one thankfully.

This was for my other class. I'm done with anything for that class tonight.
    02-24-2018 11:46 PM
    I'll take your word for it on that. Whoa, that sounds like a tall phone. That sounds like a disappointment but you'll find out soon enough.

I don't blame you there at all, considering what you have currently.
    The Mi 7 will likely go with this new aspect ratio crap. The Mi Mix 2 was relatively compact (99 can chime in here) with the new screen so Xiaomi has a clue here.

A lot of "compactness" is design oriented. For example, using the Pixel 2 and its 16:9 as a baseline, Andy's phone is slightly wider and taller but packs a bigger screen. The V30 is slightly wider and taller than Andy's phone and packs a slightly bigger screen. The last two phones are in that newer screen ratio.
    02-25-2018 12:02 AM
    I am done the last thing that I needed to do this week, which was a quiz. I didn't do well, so I'm annoyed and bummed together. I didn't fail but it's a bummer to have a C for your first graded assignment. I also changed 2 of my right answers to the wrong ones at the last minute. Sigh.
    At least I know how his quizzes are like now. There's 3 more to go, with less weeks of material, in comparison to this one thankfully.

This was for my other class. I'm done with anything for that class tonight.
    Sometimes we snatch defeat from the jaws of victory when we don't show confidence in our choices.

You'll bounce back. It's all a learning experience anyways...
    02-25-2018 12:03 AM
    Yeah that's true. I guess it's in the people I am surrounded by. I know that everyone has what is ok to them and what is not, but of course there's a spectrum. I'm tired of having most of the people around me think that my acceptance of some things is shocking or wrong.

I don't know if it's a vibe I give or how I am or whatever but people think that it's okay to tell me judgy things and expect me to agree. I don't think I'm above being that way but my parents were/still are pretty judgemental and for a while until I learned a hard life lesson (in my early 20s), that seemed to be normal to me.

I really hope you're right.
    It's more of a minefield now than every before, but there are still diamonds out there in the rough. It's just chasing after the same old **** in a different way, really.
    libra89 likes this.
    02-25-2018 12:04 AM
    Sometimes we snatch defeat from the jaws of victory when we don't show confidence in our choices.

You'll bounce back. It's all a learning experience anyways...
    You're right, I'll try to keep that in mind. For me, it's additionally scary because there's the chance of being kicked out of school for making under a grade and he is that guy who does -/+ grades as well.
    02-25-2018 12:06 AM
    The Mi 7 will likely go with this new aspect ratio crap. The Mi Mix 2 was relatively compact (99 can chime in here) with the new screen so Xiaomi has a clue here.

A lot of "compactness" is design oriented. For example, using the Pixel 2 and its 16:9 as a baseline, Andy's phone is slightly wider and taller but packs a bigger screen. The V30 is slightly wider and taller than Andy's phone and packs a slightly bigger screen. The last two phones are in that newer screen ratio.
    Hmm, true. I like the way it's done on Andy's phone. The Pixel 2 felt taller but Andy's phone seems shorter to me? This trend kind of confuses me about using height as a baseline as I normally do.
    02-25-2018 12:09 AM
    It's more of a minefield now than every before, but there are still diamonds out there in the rough. It's just chasing after the same old **** in a different way, really.
    That's true and I do believe that is the case. I kind of wish it was less of a challenge sometimes for me, at least in the realm of friendship. I'll rather not think about relationships, because that is connected but a whole different thing for me.

That reminds me, one of my friends said something that I thought was funny, but I guess accurate too, about me. I asked him about his gf and if he has seen her recently and his reply (after answering the question) was "I don't get you. You're excited about other people's relationships but you wouldn't let anyone put you into one" LOL.
    02-25-2018 12:18 AM
    Hmm, true. I like the way it's done on Andy's phone. The Pixel 2 felt taller but Andy's phone seems shorter to me? This trend kind of confuses me about using height as a baseline as I normally do.
    You're correct. Andy's phone has the short and stubby feel to it, while the Pixel 2 went with the taller and narrower look.
    libra89 likes this.
    02-25-2018 10:26 AM
    HMD made some interesting announcements today. The banana phone looks like fun. The 8 Sirocco would be what I'd upgrade to if I was still using the Mi Note 2 as my daily driver.

Solid, if not unremarkable. Waiting to see that Nokia 9 later in the year though.
    libra89 likes this.
    02-25-2018 01:36 PM
    HMD made some interesting announcements today. The banana phone looks like fun. The 8 Sirocco would be what I'd upgrade to if I was still using the Mi Note 2 as my daily driver.

Solid, if not unremarkable. Waiting to see that Nokia 9 later in the year though.
    I had to go find out what you were talking about here, and after reading it, the 8 Sirocco sounds like a beast of a phone. I can get why you would say that about the upgrade. It's nice that it is smaller than the S8 too at that. Yeah, one can only imagine how the 9 will be like.

I'm looking for info about the banana phone because HMD keeps surprising me with phones like this. I found info on phone arena.
    02-25-2018 02:04 PM
    Nokia or VW Scirocco?
    libra89 likes this.
    02-25-2018 02:37 PM
    Putting the Nokia 8 Sirocco in Phone Arena's size compare, I am very impressed that it has a lot of screen and is smaller than the s8 and Pixel 1 and 2 in height. It and the Essential Phone are very close in dimensions, just a little wider. It could be fun to try that but it's $$$.
    02-25-2018 02:51 PM
    I had to go find out what you were talking about here, and after reading it, the 8 Sirocco sounds like a beast of a phone. I can get why you would say that about the upgrade. It's nice that it is smaller than the S8 too at that. Yeah, one can only imagine how the 9 will be like.

I'm looking for info about the banana phone because HMD keeps surprising me with phones like this. I found info on phone arena.
    HMD is just remaking a few of the classic feature phones, that's all. I don't think the 8 Sirocco is worth it at that price, honestly. In theory, it has all the stuff I'd like, but not at that opening price.
    02-25-2018 07:31 PM
145,857 ... 56495650565156525653 ...