The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    Other than that, if the bezels means things like front facing speakers, front fingerprint scanner placement, I'm OK with it.
    Form follows function. Personally, I don't get what the big deal with the notch is. I don't find it nearly as repugnant as the shift away from capacitive nav buttons. I'll take that 3/8" of added footprint over having to perform additional steps for simple tasks. Someone please explain to me as if I were a 5-year old, to borrow a Denzel line, why it's better to constantly have to swipe up to reveal or hide nav buttons. That's not a gesture-based UI in my book. BlackBerry 10 and webOS would be perfect for the bezel-less world.
    From what I've read, Sailfish OS fits that bill as well.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-01-2018 06:30 AM
    Form follows function. Personally, I don't get what the big deal with the notch is. I don't find it nearly as repugnant as the shift away from capacitive nav buttons. I'll take that 3/8" of added footprint over having to perform additional steps for simple tasks. Someone please explain to me as if I were a 5-year old, to borrow a Denzel line, why it's better to constantly have to swipe up to reveal or hide nav buttons. That's not a gesture-based UI in my book. BlackBerry 10 and webOS would be perfect for the bezel-less world.
    From what I've read, Sailfish OS fits that bill as well.
    Now, let's not talk about Sailfish and WebOS. We both know that these two were on to something...more useful.

iOS has to be the mash up it is because Apple did too good a job of training people into doing things one way so they can keep their hands in people's pockets.

Kinda like the old school folks who only had sex to make kids and then found out you can actually have sex for fun too. Adjustments are rough and sometimes you don't want to give people too much as it can loosen your grip on them (and in Apple's case, your wallet).
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-01-2018 06:55 AM
    Okay, PhoneArena reported on this with the summary so I can comment on this now.
    It makes a lot of sense actually but I do find it interesting that Samsung (and Apple) have noticed this. I don't think I would be opposed to a refurbished flagship model over a midranger but it really depends. on the phone itself. I had no idea that the rate was SO high though. Thanks for sharing.

I linked the summary for anyone who might wanted to read the article.
    03-01-2018 07:52 AM
    Do any of you believe in visualizing what you want? I like the idea of it but I'm finding it hard to do for some things.
    03-01-2018 09:53 AM
    I miss the days where phones were practical. Now we are getting phones with notches :/ can we have a phone with bezels again

Sent from mTalk using Alcatel Idol 4s
    libra89 and fatclue_98 like this.
    03-01-2018 10:34 AM
    Do any of you believe in visualizing what you want? I like the idea of it but I'm finding it hard to do for some things.
    Part of visualizing what you want is not being rigid about the possible routes to achieve the goals.

Sometimes that is a challenging point for folks moreso than even picking the goals.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-01-2018 10:38 AM
    A slightly light day at work today which is good. I finally made it home around 12:30AM. Not too happy that I am back on the road again next week and the following week.

I am waiting to see if good BOGO deals get announced for the S9/S9+. I might get one especially the S9 now that the FPS is in the correct location and the camera seems to have improved (not talking about the aperture gimmick).
    03-01-2018 11:35 AM
    Part of visualizing what you want is not being rigid about the possible routes to achieve the goals.

Sometimes that is a challenging point for folks moreso than even picking the goals.
    Ah, now that you said that, that explains why I'm finding it hard. I'm trying to get visuals of what I want but it seems like once I have the foundation set, everything else is harder to think of.

The easiest thing to visualize is the future home I hope to own, the hardest is this career path and as for what my life would look like, that's in the middle.
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    03-01-2018 11:58 AM
    A slightly light day at work today which is good. I finally made it home around 12:30AM. Not too happy that I am back on the road again next week and the following week.

I am waiting to see if good BOGO deals get announced for the S9/S9+. I might get one especially the S9 now that the FPS is in the correct location and the camera seems to have improved (not talking about the aperture gimmick).
    That's good that you have a little bit of a lighter day today. Wow 12:30 o_o

I hope that you'll be able to try either the S9 or the S9+, because your impressions and thoughts on it will be interesting.
    03-01-2018 12:00 PM
    That's good that you have a little bit of a lighter day today. Wow 12:30 o_o

I hope that you'll be able to try either the S9 or the S9+, because your impressions and thoughts on it will be interesting.
    You don't have to hope...99'll find a way to test drive the new Samsung.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-01-2018 01:20 PM
    You don't have to hope...99'll find a way to test drive the new Samsung.
    The wheels are already in motion.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    03-01-2018 01:20 PM
    The wheels are already in motion.
    Likely from as soon as you finished reading the announcement...
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-01-2018 01:53 PM
    Mr. Clue, your friendly occupant at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave has declared war...

...on trade. Let's see what happens.
    03-01-2018 01:54 PM
    Overall, 8.1 appears to be a nice update for Andy's phone. I just wish their camera experience was better.
    03-01-2018 03:57 PM
    Maybe I’m different, but I don’t find iOS difficult to use nor do I long for web os or BB10. They are in the distant past.
    I also won’t long for iOS when something else takes over. I can easily adapt to changes and, no, it’s not because I’ve been conditioned to do so by big brother. It’s because I don’t want to stress about things that don’t matter much in the long run of life.
    03-01-2018 04:54 PM
    Maybe I’m different, but I don’t find iOS difficult to use nor do I long for web os or BB10. They are in the distant past.
    I also won’t long for iOS when something else takes over. I can easily adapt to changes and, no, it’s not because I’ve been conditioned to do so by big brother. It’s because I don’t want to stress about things that don’t matter much in the long run of life.
    I take it you don't have the X. With no home button, you're gonna wish you had used BB10 or webOS. I was playing with one at the Amazon Showroom (Best Buy) and I can see where long time iOS users may have a steeper learning curve. I'm actually considering one, notch-be-damned. FaceID is currently "under review".
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-01-2018 06:10 PM
    I take it you don't have the X. With no home button, you're gonna wish you had used BB10 or webOS. I was playing with one at the Amazon Showroom (Best Buy) and I can see where long time iOS users may have a steeper learning curve. I'm actually considering one, notch-be-damned. FaceID is currently "under review".
    Nope, just the SE and 7.
    I’m sure it would be a learning curve but nothing too steep.

You know what I really want? A phone that can make calls, text, email, and give excellent weather information. Beyond that I don’t need much in a phone.
    libra89, Laura Knotek and aximtreo like this.
    03-01-2018 06:13 PM
    Mr. Clue, your friendly occupant at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave has declared war...

...on trade. Let's see what happens.
    Yeah, I heard on my nightly 5 minute dose of s**tshow that the TPP is on the table again. One of the few instances where I disagreed with President Obama. I haven't heard what new proposals this orange s**tgibbon is considering but they can't be good.

**Edit**

I went on the WSJ site and saw the new tariffs on imported steel and aluminum. Being the world's supplier of Bauxite, I'm sure my Jamaican friends are crying a collective "BLOOD CLOT"!
    Last edited by fatclue_98; 03-01-2018 at 06:30 PM.
    03-01-2018 06:15 PM
    Northern cali is finally getting some wet weather but as always people forget wet roads and speeding don't work well and get into accidents. 😐

Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-01-2018 08:47 PM
    I might be the unpopular voice here but I'm liking that lg is only going to release new flagship phones every other year instead of every year.

03-01-2018 08:49 PM
    I might be the unpopular voice here but I'm liking that lg is only going to release new flagship phones every other year instead of every year.

I won't take LG seriously until they get a clue, which is to get out of their own way.

I still plan to get a V30+ though. Since it won't be my daily driver, that'll be OK.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-01-2018 09:10 PM
    Yeah, I heard on my nightly 5 minute dose of s**tshow that the TPP is on the table again. One of the few instances where I disagreed with President Obama. I haven't heard what new proposals this orange s**tgibbon is considering but they can't be good.

**Edit**

I went on the WSJ site and saw the new tariffs on imported steel and aluminum. Being the world's supplier of Bauxite, I'm sure my Jamaican friends are crying a collective "BLOOD CLOT"!
    You mean a new way for America to screw us over?

It just makes me sad. The volatility is just starting. Talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face.

God (including the ones in every religion and Rue's) help us Americans.
    03-01-2018 09:11 PM
    Wow Samsung is offering college students a discount on the S9 and S9+. Additionally, it can be bundled with the trade-in. I wish more OEMs did that.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-01-2018 09:14 PM
    Wow Samsung is offering college students a discount on the S9 and S9+. Additionally, it can be bundled with the trade-in. I wish more OEMs did that.
    They have to, get their hooks into new buyers.
    03-01-2018 09:17 PM
    You mean a new way for America to screw us over?

It just makes me sad. The volatility is just starting. Talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face.

God (including the ones in every religion and Rue's) help us Americans.
    No religion or god here....

Humans have to get their #hit together and realise we only have each other. Until we do that we'll keep making a mess of things.

I haven't seen anything on the trade stuff you talked about but going by what you said I can only assume that DT is doing what's best for himself and his family....

He is a dictator because he's trying to run the country like a business. One of his, which means it will be bankrupt soon...

The biggest worry you have there is if his family plan to do a dynasty... Imagine years of that... Shudders...
    03-02-2018 02:32 AM
142,747 ... 56575658565956605661 ...