Andy's phone is quite polarizing. It's such an awesome first generation product. Still, the compromises are such a pain in the ***.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-03-2018 05:10 PM
    Andy's phone is quite polarizing. It's such an awesome first generation product. Still, the compromises are such a pain in the ***.
    Yeah you have a couple of big ones. I hate that the compromises seem to be big things that you will notice/experience.
    03-03-2018 05:14 PM
    Yeah you have a couple of big ones. I hate that the compromises seem to be big things that you will notice/experience.
    Camera and software experience (lag) are tough to overcome. It's good enough to keep but not sure if it's good enough as a daily driver.

We'll see.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-03-2018 06:26 PM
    Camera and software experience (lag) are tough to overcome. It's good enough to keep but not sure if it's good enough as a daily driver.

We'll see.
    It is. I can relate to you on the lag bit with my current phone. It's a pain. It sounds like the incoming phone has the chance to change your mind some. By that, I mean if it would be good enough as your main phone.
    Last edited by libra89; 03-03-2018 at 07:34 PM.
    03-03-2018 06:35 PM
    It is. I can relate to you on the lag bit with my current phone. It's a pain. It sounds like the incoming phone has the chance to change your mind some. By that, I mean if it would be good enough as your main phone.
    Storage space will be an issue for sure. We'll see how it goes.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-03-2018 08:41 PM
    Storage space will be an issue for sure. We'll see how it goes.
    I forgot that you have a good amount of music, so it does sound like you'll find out for sure.
    03-03-2018 09:30 PM
    I forgot that you have a good amount of music, so it does sound like you'll find out for sure.
    Well, I've used a fixed storage phone with 32GB about a year or so, and I made out OK. Still, I really prefer 128GB for fixed storage and 64GB + SD card expansion for others.

We'll see.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-03-2018 09:32 PM
    So the Light Phone 2 keeps rolling around in my mind. I really like the idea of it. I wouldn't buy it for the price though. Someone made a thread here about using their Windows Phone as a way to try out this idea and I think I'll like to give it a try for a day at least but with a modification.

My modification would be to use my A3 as a WiFi only device so no WiFi means I can't connect to the apps I'm always in. My books will be there, and I'll download my stuff offline for listening on it. I don't have faith in myself for this working out long term but it's worth a try.

I see myself refreshing my email a lot LOL.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    03-03-2018 09:37 PM
    So the Light Phone 2 keeps rolling around in my mind. I really like the idea of it. I wouldn't buy it for the price though. Someone made a thread here about using their Windows Phone as a way to try out this idea and I think I'll like to give it a try for a day at least but with a modification.

My modification would be to use my A3 as a WiFi only device so no WiFi means I can't connect to the apps I'm always in. My books will be there, and I'll download my stuff offline for listening on it. I don't have faith in myself for this working out long term but it's worth a try.

I see myself refreshing my email a lot LOL.
    Once Chase left and the Wells Fargo app got useless, the XL went into collector status. Otherwise, what I would do is to pair my Android watch to my wireless headphones and play my commuter music like that and use the XL as a phone.

Music in XL was OK - chip was a battery sink in the same way the current administration is.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-03-2018 09:51 PM
    Once Chase left and the Wells Fargo app got useless, the XL went into collector status. Otherwise, what I would do is to pair my Android watch to my wireless headphones and play my commuter music like that and use the XL as a phone.

Music in XL was OK - chip was a battery sink in the same way the current administration is.
    I believe that on all counts. It's sad. I would have done the same as you with it.
    03-03-2018 10:45 PM
    I'd still like to try a Nokia 8, for some reason. Not sure. Maybe I'd trade Andy's phone for one.

What I am curious about is if the Camera Pro app will make it to the 8.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-03-2018 11:00 PM
    I forgot that Windows phones can be quirky after setup so I have to reset to get my settings to work. Even though I'm doing this, MMS settings are basic at this point. Hopefully it would work. I should have backed up my home screen though. Oh well.
    03-03-2018 11:34 PM
    I forgot that Windows phones can be quirky after setup so I have to reset to get my settings to work. Even though I'm doing this, MMS settings are basic at this point. Hopefully it would work. I should have backed up my home screen though. Oh well.
    Nope, no luck. It caused more problems so I'm out and after trying everything MMS still does not work for me and that is something that is very necessary for my life. Love the idea but I lost 2 hours that I can't get back for this. I'll have to look into another way to try out this idea.

Edit: Ditched the Lumia and I will be doing this with the SE. I felt some internal resistance by deleting the apps but I still did it anyway. I left a game, email and some information apps (such as signal, my carrier app, etc) but everything else is gone. I'm unsure about deleting or keeping Google Maps but I'll leave it for now.
    Last edited by libra89; 03-04-2018 at 02:11 AM.
    03-04-2018 01:32 AM
    I'd still like to try a Nokia 8, for some reason. Not sure. Maybe I'd trade Andy's phone for one.

What I am curious about is if the Camera Pro app will make it to the 8.
    I finally saw the Nokia phones here in France. Not bad looking phones actually.

I'll see how they progress. I may pick one up in the future. I've learned my lesson of never buying first revision.

One of those days I have to get back to caring about tech. Don't want to become one of those old people frightened of new things.

Thing is tech is a bit boring at the moment.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-04-2018 05:18 AM
    I have never seen a new Nokia in the wild. But I'm also interested in buying it, probably next year's generation or maybe Nokia 9 once it lands. They are doing things I liked them for since Symbian days, concentrating on camera and build quality ( Stainless steel is life ) and stock Android and quick updates through Android One are the thing I want ( a bit baffled that Android P is not far away yet my Moto is still stuck on Android 7.0, they have gotten worse since Moto G 2014).

I do agree tech, at least mobile phone tech is a bit boring now, more or less we are at the stage of PC CPUs, small upgrades each year. But it is true we have gotten so far so we can't expect so big jumps.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-04-2018 05:44 AM
    I finally saw the Nokia phones here in France. Not bad looking phones actually.

I'll see how they progress. I may pick one up in the future. I've learned my lesson of never buying first revision.

One of those days I have to get back to caring about tech. Don't want to become one of those old people frightened of new things.

Thing is tech is a bit boring at the moment.
    I agree that tech is boring now. Which is why I'm looking for a good friend mix for my needs.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-04-2018 12:59 PM
    Welp, not much of a difference here, but not surprised.

LG V30 vs LG V30S camera comparison
    03-04-2018 03:35 PM
    It seems like everyone but me has seen Black Panther (like most of my friends have seen it and it seems like several of you have as well). I don't know when I will, maybe I can do it on Wednesday if I can find a time that works for me and doesn't have me out too late considering that I have class on Thursday....
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    03-04-2018 10:03 PM
    It seems like everyone but me has seen Black Panther (like most of my friends have seen it and it seems like several of you have as well). I don't know when I will, maybe I can do it on Wednesday if I can find a time that works for me and doesn't have me out too late considering that I have class on Thursday....
    I hope you get to see it.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-04-2018 10:27 PM
    If I was still into big, old school phones, the Mi Note 2 would be my daily driver. It really has aged nicely.
    libra89 and fatclue_98 like this.
    03-04-2018 10:28 PM
    I hope you get to see it.
    Thanks, I hope so too. It depends how my session with my professor goes that day.
    03-04-2018 10:47 PM
    I never thought that reading and remembering the theories would be harder than my actual technical class. A friend asked me today if I'm tired of libraries yet since I work in one and I'm going to get my Master's in it as well. I'm kind of tired of the theories. It's slightly interesting and also boring at the same time?
    Last edited by libra89; 03-04-2018 at 11:20 PM.
    03-04-2018 10:57 PM
    That makes two of us. The wife and I are going to take a stab at it this weekend since grandma is providing respite duties.
    libra89, meattray, TgeekB and 1 others like this.
    03-05-2018 07:23 AM
    That makes two of us. The wife and I are going to take a stab at it this weekend since grandma is providing respite duties.
    That sounds nice. With having 4 kids I can certainly understand how nice it is to get out and have a little break. Have fun!
    fatclue_98 and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-05-2018 10:31 AM
    I'm in and out today. Was walking into the office and got hit with two crises...out pops the fire houses.

See y'all later.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-05-2018 11:32 AM
145,224 ... 56605661566256635664 ...