WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Day one with the maxx...very good. Battery is at 70%. Standby is crazy good. Looks like I can make it to 2.5 days between charges.

Posted approved via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So the GF's expert looked at the board today and said that the heatsink is the issue. It isn't the right one. So he'll try and get one as a replacement. I need this thing fixed so she can stop complaining about it...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Classes are finished and I'm headed home. Short turnaround has me back at work in the morning. Life in the NYC for sure...

seems very busy hey atleast you can sleep :p I still have homework to do and fix my coding homework ... not so fun ha

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Day one with the maxx...very good. Battery is at 70%. Standby is crazy good. Looks like I can make it to 2.5 days between charges.

dang that is very good. o.o more manufactures should do the same instead of adding a 4k screen ( looking at you sony )

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

So the GF's expert looked at the board today and said that the heatsink is the issue. It isn't the right one. So he'll try and get one as a replacement. I need this thing fixed so she can stop complaining about it...

huh o.o that seems strange if it was the stock fansink that came with the CPU I would think its compatible with the board since after all its a kit an all. then again I haven't seen the board :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

huh o.o that seems strange if it was the stock fansink that came with the CPU I would think its compatible with the board since after all its a kit an all. then again I haven't seen the board
Seems odd to me too but it may have a different power rating compared to what the board can handle but it still seems odd since the board is designed for that CPU family...

Ignorance, there is a cure.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

I'm not buying that, as a POST will happen and *then* if it overheats it will shutdown.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm not buying that, as a POST will happen and *then* if it overheats it will shutdown.
The board sould post without a fan. The only thing I can think of is power drain from the fan. Though I still find this odd.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

But it is not, according to prior findings.

Well, if my memory is correct, I have an extra heatsink in my house because when I put together my kit the fan they included was not helpful. I don't build these often, so I forgot about this possibility.

We'll see if the GF's expert is right. My favorite part is when she says "why didn't I just upgrade my laptop instead?" I told her that I don't build these often so she'd have to pay for it. I'm over the whole thing already as she keeps going on and on about it...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. I need a vacation for me. I seem to be getting more irritated with things than usual.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk. ��

Thanks. So the struts are replaced in the back and the car seems to ride better, ditto for the power steering rack and the alignment and tire balance. All helped improve the ride. The TSB to fix the squeaking noise by replacing the belt and idler pulleys did NOT work, so I spend about $150 but still the stupid squeaking noise is there....aaarrrgh....anyways my mechanic decided not to charge me any labor for it so that was some consolation there...Now for the remaining stuff this weekend.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Did they also check your AC belt? If that's the one you fixed, did they check your serpentine...erm timing belt? If they said it's fine, ask them to lubricate it. The dry weather can dry out the belt and create friction.

The serpentine belt got replaced with the pulleys. I will ask about the timing and AC belt and see if they can lubricate it. I suspect it might be the idler pulley covers...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99