Ooh okay. I didn't know that something changed there. I have used Verizon phones (really the Pixel) on T-Mobile when I was with them. I can't recall it being an issue before so I'm surprised to hear this.
    They've gotten more finicky to me these days. I was seeing stuff where Andy's phone runs great on VZW, but on T-Mobile it's been so-so, even before the 8.1 beta.
    03-07-2018 08:24 PM
    They've gotten more finicky to me these days. I was seeing stuff where Andy's phone runs great on VZW, but on T-Mobile it's been so-so, even before the 8.1 beta.
    That's really weird that it's been like that. What a pain.
    03-07-2018 08:50 PM
    That's really weird that it's been like that. What a pain.
    Well, that's how it goes.
    03-07-2018 08:52 PM
    I can't shake wanting the iPhone 7 again. I really can't, as I have been watching listings for days now. I wanted the Red iPhone 7 the most but they either seem to go fast or are overpriced considering it's been nearly a year.

I have also considered the idea of getting a refurbished one directly from Apple, even though there's no Red of course. Just my luck that one actually appears on Swappa...
    03-07-2018 08:59 PM
    I can't shake wanting the iPhone 7 again. I really can't, as I have been watching listings for days now. I wanted the Red iPhone 7 the most but they either seem to go fast or are overpriced considering it's been nearly a year.

I have also considered the idea of getting a refurbished one directly from Apple, even though there's no Red of course. Just my luck that one actually appears on Swappa...
    The struggle is real.
    03-07-2018 09:00 PM
    Well, that's how it goes.
    Yeah but I thought it was better before. I tried a LOT of unlocked phones on T-Mobile that had VoLTE or even WiFi calling without any issues.
    That's disappointing.
    03-07-2018 09:00 PM
    The struggle is real.
    It is. It's $20 cheaper than it would be buying from Apple directly. This might sound dumb but I'll rather not buy the Lightning EarPods. I'm not sure if the SE2 would actually pan out but if it does, it's no problem to trade it in with my SE when that drops.

So I get your Nokia 8 thoughts.
    Last edited by libra89; 03-07-2018 at 09:16 PM.
    03-07-2018 09:04 PM
    It is. It's $20 cheaper than it would be buying from Apple directly. This might sound dumb but I'll rather not buy the Lightning EarPods. I'm not sure if the SE2 would actually pan out but if it does, it's no problem to trade it in with my SE when that drops.

So I get your Nokia 8 thoughts.
    Well, I'm sure you'll figure something out.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-07-2018 09:52 PM
    Well, I'm sure you'll figure something out.
    I'll probably cave but I'll rather sleep on it and go from there hopefully. I don't want to regret it so I'll keep looking until I find something great. Also one thing for me as well is finding one with 10.3.3. iOS 11 still seems to be buggy so I'm fine with not jumping in on dealing with it again until I must (with a hypothetical SE2, that is lol).
    03-07-2018 10:17 PM
    I'll probably cave but I'll rather sleep on it and go from there hopefully. I don't want to regret it so I'll keep looking until I find something great. Also one thing for me as well is finding one with 10.3.3. iOS 11 still seems to be buggy so I'm fine with not jumping in on dealing with it again until I must (with a hypothetical SE2, that is lol).
    Good luck with that. Let's see if the SE 2 is worth the hype.
    03-08-2018 07:04 AM
    Good luck with that. Let's see if the SE 2 is worth the hype.
    Thanks.
    You're right, we will see. There are all of these conflicting rumors about it. In the meantime, I am determined not to buy a iPhone 7 with iOS 11 on it. I can wait it out, as I don't think I'm asking for too much at all. I have seen at least one with that sell already.
    03-08-2018 07:28 AM
    good luck with the struggle! We all cave. That's why we're here ha ha
    03-08-2018 07:53 AM
    And like that, I got my wish but ended up going for a different one altogether that is much cheaper and has all of the things I'm seeking.
    03-08-2018 07:58 AM
    Thanks.
    You're right, we will see. There are all of these conflicting rumors about it. In the meantime, I am determined not to buy a iPhone 7 with iOS 11 on it. I can wait it out, as I don't think I'm asking for too much at all. I have seen at least one with that sell already.
    I see that Apple has made it hard to downgrade their OS updates?
    03-08-2018 07:58 AM
    good luck with the struggle! We all cave. That's why we're here ha ha
    Haha true. It's been hard for weeks now. I had to give up wanting Red, but that was kind of a pipedream anyway lol.
    03-08-2018 07:59 AM
    I see that Apple has made it hard to downgrade their OS updates?
    Yep, you're right about that. You can do it (I have done it once) but it has to be still signed by Apple in order to work. For that reason, I purposely wanted one that hasn't been upgraded.
    03-08-2018 08:01 AM
    Pixie dust seems fine after day one. I can see why people like it, and why I took so long to get one. It's not worth the current price at all.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-08-2018 08:04 AM
    Pixie dust seems fine after day one. I can see why people like it, and why I took so long to get one. It's not worth the current price at all.
    Dang, that sounds like a burn. I can get you on that statement though.
    03-08-2018 08:09 AM
    I'm having slightly mixed reactions with the keyONE. battery is unbelievable, some of the features are awesome but definitely notice the difference in speed compared to some flagships. Still a nice device so far though.
    03-08-2018 08:16 AM
    I'm having slightly mixed reactions with the keyONE. battery is unbelievable, some of the features are awesome but definitely notice the difference in speed compared to some flagships. Still a nice device so far though.
    You have the silver or the black Key1?
    libra89 likes this.
    03-08-2018 08:43 AM
    Yep, you're right about that. You can do it (I have done it once) but it has to be still signed by Apple in order to work. For that reason, I purposely wanted one that hasn't been upgraded.
    See, that's one of the reasons why I stay away from that Apple bull****. When I used to use iPhones with Cydia, I'd always have a folder filled with every firmware so if I flashed one that was bug riddled, I'd downgrade.
    03-08-2018 08:45 AM
    See, that's one of the reasons why I stay away from that Apple bull****. When I used to use iPhones with Cydia, I'd always have a folder filled with every firmware so if I flashed one that was bug riddled, I'd downgrade.
    I totally understand that. For the time I downgraded my SE, I had about a 2 week window so I felt like I had to do it quickly.

Sounds like you were very prepared when you had them. Funny that you mention that, I think this version of iOS (on the 7 I got) is jailbreakable. I don't know if I'm ready to do that but it's nice to have the option.
    03-08-2018 09:45 AM
    Hmm, interesting. How are you liking that keyboard?
    03-08-2018 09:45 AM
    So I'm not crazy after all! I felt the same way when I had my K1. I don't think the SD625 is up to the task with all the DTEK security features. The build quality is incredible for a $500 phone and the battery life is ridiculous but it does seem to be a half step off for most functions.
    03-08-2018 09:54 AM
    The current devices he's got the $1000 sunk into are VZW devices. And the Pixie dust I'm using is the VZW unlocked model as I'm too broke to afford the international unlocked version.
    The international unlocked version is not worth the money. The only difference is an unlocked bootloader. Nothing else.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-08-2018 10:25 AM
144,474 ... 56645665566656675668 ...