I can't shake wanting the iPhone 7 again. I really can't, as I have been watching listings for days now. I wanted the Red iPhone 7 the most but they either seem to go fast or are overpriced considering it's been nearly a year.

I have also considered the idea of getting a refurbished one directly from Apple, even though there's no Red of course. Just my luck that one actually appears on Swappa...
    I might be selling a Gold iPhone 7 128GB shortly. Mrs. wants an upgrade to iPhone 8 256GB.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-08-2018 10:27 AM
    Pixie dust seems fine after day one. I can see why people like it, and why I took so long to get one. It's not worth the current price at all.
    Narrator: No phone is worth their MSRP price. Just saying.
    03-08-2018 10:28 AM
    So I'm not crazy after all! I felt the same way when I had my K1. I don't think the SD625 is up to the task with all the DTEK security features. The build quality is incredible for a $500 phone and the battery life is ridiculous but it does seem to be a half step off for most functions.
    It is a great phone for $250. That's my 2 cents.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-08-2018 10:29 AM
    Almost done setting up Panda Pixel 2XL.
    Need to backup WhatsApp and transfer it over.
    Also need to sign in every last one of my 131 apps :-)

Oh and I do need to slap on a screen protector.
    03-08-2018 10:30 AM
    I might be selling a Gold iPhone 7 128GB shortly. Mrs. wants an upgrade to iPhone 8 256GB.
    Dang, I wish I mentioned something earlier. I would have liked to buy it from you. I just bought one a few hours ago.
    03-08-2018 11:26 AM

Yay! Ah, that's so annoying about the apps. It will be worth it for you though, that's for sure.
    03-08-2018 11:29 AM
    So I'm not crazy after all! I felt the same way when I had my K1. I don't think the SD625 is up to the task with all the DTEK security features. The build quality is incredible for a $500 phone and the battery life is ridiculous but it does seem to be a half step off for most functions.
    That's why if they put the S660 in the Key 2, it'll help. My guess is it'll be the 630/636 + extra RAM. I was reading that the Black Key 1 ran a bit better because of the extra RAM.
    03-08-2018 11:38 AM
    I totally understand that. For the time I downgraded my SE, I had about a 2 week window so I felt like I had to do it quickly.

Sounds like you were very prepared when you had them. Funny that you mention that, I think this version of iOS (on the 7 I got) is jailbreakable. I don't know if I'm ready to do that but it's nice to have the option.
    It was a pain to jailbreak back in the days. I should think it's a bit more streamlined now, but you've got to research.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-08-2018 11:41 AM
    The international unlocked version is not worth the money. The only difference is an unlocked bootloader. Nothing else.
    Understood.
    03-08-2018 11:41 AM

I was impressed by the cable transfer process. It covered 90% of the apps from Andy's phone.
    03-08-2018 11:46 AM
    I have the silver. I read some of the reviews and most people didn't seem to notice a big difference with the 4gb ram over the 3. I'm not sure. It just seems to hang with a lot of things compared to the s8. love the keyboard, love the build and the battery life so willing to accept some of the speed differences for it. might just need some settling in or tweaking as well.
    03-08-2018 11:53 AM
    I have the silver. I read some of the reviews and most people didn't seem to notice a big difference with the 4gb ram over the 3. I'm not sure. It just seems to hang with a lot of things compared to the s8. love the keyboard, love the build and the battery life so willing to accept some of the speed differences for it. might just need some settling in or tweaking as well.
    Tweaking may help. It's I think how they did the OS. Mr. Clue may chime in again, but the vibe I got was that the Key 1 experience may be similar transition wise to the Priv.

I wanted to try one but I need to be satisfied with the roster I have. That battery life and headphone jack was appealing to me though. The keyboard was a bit cramped for my taste in playing around - still love the Bold 9000/9700 models.
    03-08-2018 12:03 PM
    It was a pain to jailbreak back in the days. I should think it's a bit more streamlined now, but you've got to research.
    I can believe that it was. I'll see. I just hate feeling like I broke something forever (maybe not that long) but I just prefer stuff to always work.
    03-08-2018 12:12 PM
    Tweaking may help. It's I think how they did the OS. Mr. Clue may chime in again, but the vibe I got was that the Key 1 experience may be similar transition wise to the Priv.

I wanted to try one but I need to be satisfied with the roster I have. That battery life and headphone jack was appealing to me though. The keyboard was a bit cramped for my taste in playing around - still love the Bold 9000/9700 models.

The Priv performed well, it just got hot enough to parboil eggs and the battery life was like 2 hours. I had a DTEK60 for a drink of coffee and it ran sweet on the SD820. It could just be an inferior or mismatched GPU and not the processor itself. We'll see when the Motion comes out if the processor makes a big difference with no pkb and more RAM.
    03-08-2018 12:24 PM
    I was impressed by the cable transfer process. It covered 90% of the apps from Andy's phone.
    All set up. Signed in on every app. Had to reset password on one app otherwise smooth.
    Size is okay but phone feels heavy. Maybe I need to try a different case.
    03-08-2018 01:10 PM
    Tried all 5 cases I have for the Panda Pixel 2XL, Ugh.
    Well I ordered the 2XL equivalent of my favorite Pixel 2 case.
    Only thing is that it will come slow boat from China. Hopefully it will be here by the time I am back from my East Coast trip.
    03-08-2018 01:40 PM
    Speaking of large screen devices - Note 8 arrived today. Probably going to flip it.
    03-08-2018 01:43 PM
    Tried all 5 cases I have for the Panda Pixel 2XL, Ugh.
    Well I ordered the 2XL equivalent of my favorite Pixel 2 case.
    Only thing is that it will come slow boat from China. Hopefully it will be here by the time I am back from my East Coast trip.
    That's a bummer. I hope it will come sooner than expected for you.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-08-2018 01:58 PM
    I'm 90 minutes away from a two-day PTO.
    03-08-2018 02:54 PM
    Have fun my man, you deserve it. Take your honey to Bermuda and forget about the world for 48 hours. We'll still be here walking the wheel.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-08-2018 03:30 PM
    So far so good. The screen is fine, I can actually make out the better resolution on the larger Pixel 2. The blue tint is fairly low on this unit and doesn't seem to be bothering me one bit. Battery life is slightly better than the little guy. But i have been on it all morning trying to sign in on all the apps.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    03-08-2018 03:31 PM
    Ended the day with a testy conversation with a client (as expected). We'll see how my next work day shapes out.

In the interim, I needed a cold adult beverages.
    03-08-2018 04:16 PM
    Pixie dust's standby time is really good.
    03-08-2018 04:17 PM
    Pixie dust's standby time is really good.
    Watched a battery life video and thought of you. Nokia 8 has really shoddy battery life.
    03-08-2018 04:52 PM
    Watched a battery life video and thought of you. Nokia 8 has really shoddy battery life.
    Ping me the link. What I've been seeing is endurance similar to Andy's phone.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-08-2018 04:54 PM
143,594 ... 56655666566756685669 ...