MIA, I recall you already having the Oreo beta but apparently Essential is rolling out the public release of it today: https://www.phonearena.com/news/Esse...lease_id103188

Speaking of, since you're hanging out with the Pixel 2, have you missed the size/build of the Essential or you're good?
    Thanks for letting me know. I still have Andy's phone so I'll do the official update.

Essentially (pun intended), I prefer the design, storage, screen size and in-hand feel of Andy's phone but everything else is better on the lil Pixie dust.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-13-2018 03:39 PM
    MIA, I recall you already having the Oreo beta but apparently Essential is rolling out the public release of it today: https://www.phonearena.com/news/Esse...lease_id103188

Speaking of, since you're hanging out with the Pixel 2, have you missed the size/build of the Essential or you're good?
    What I'd like to do is turn it into a V30...
    03-13-2018 04:24 PM
    On-site meeting got cancelled today. Too windy out there and the snow is coming down in spades. Here's how things look outside from my hotel room.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e89f9514eb.jpg
    Common, that’s a dusting where I come from!
    Laura Knotek and aximtreo like this.
    03-13-2018 05:27 PM
    Thanks for letting me know. I still have Andy's phone so I'll do the official update.

Essentially (pun intended), I prefer the design, storage, screen size and in-hand feel of Andy's phone but everything else is better on the lil Pixie dust.
    You're welcome. All of those points make sense for you. I can relate to that feeling.
    03-13-2018 05:29 PM
    What I'd like to do is turn it into a V30...
    That would be awesome.
    03-13-2018 05:30 PM
    Just took this outside the one open restaurant - most other places are closed.
    03-13-2018 05:44 PM
    Just took this outside the one open restaurant - most other places are closed.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...4ca034b057.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...db96d1010c.jpg
    It looks messy there in your second shot. Wow that the whole statue is basically covered.
    03-13-2018 05:48 PM
    It looks messy there in your second shot. Wow that the whole statue is basically covered.
    Here's the view from the car, 2 minutes before we got to the restaurant.
    03-13-2018 05:54 PM
    Here's the view from the car, 2 minutes before we got to the restaurant.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...77f715acd3.jpg
    Wow.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    03-13-2018 06:33 PM
    Wow.
    Yeah, it's like almost 20 inches of snow give or take.
    03-13-2018 06:46 PM
    Well, I must say that I have to be careful of the watch complications I use. I switched to my old watch face after a few days of the new ones that showed it was a battery hog. I liked the complications of the watch, but a dead watch is worse.

I'm curious to see how Google will improve the OS after the rebranding.
    03-13-2018 06:48 PM
    Looks like I can still make this old jambalaya recipe I found a few years back. Always nice to have certain recipes in memory...
    Laura Knotek and aximtreo like this.
    03-13-2018 06:58 PM
    The Fitbit Versa looks very interesting. Would I buy one now? Nope.

Could I recommend one? Possibly. Not seeing anything about if it uses standard straps...but if it does, it can sell. It looks like a potential hit at $200 and an upgrade to the Blaze.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-13-2018 07:03 PM
    The Fitbit Versa looks very interesting. Would I buy one now? Nope.

Could I recommend one? Possibly. Not seeing anything about if it uses standard straps...but if it does, it can sell. It looks like a potential hit at $200 and an upgrade to the Blaze.
    I do like it but I agree with you about the straps thing.
    03-13-2018 07:10 PM
    You're welcome. All of those points make sense for you. I can relate to that feeling.
    It's a phone I still like. There's a part of me that wants to keep it and park it in the bench as a back up for the Pixel 2, but there's a part of me that also would prefer to get a V30 for it as I'd be more likely to use them both (and OK with parking the Mi Note 2 with the 950XL).
    03-13-2018 07:11 PM
    I do like it but I agree with you about the straps thing.
    I do like the look...a modern Pebble. I'm curious to read the reviews.
    03-13-2018 07:11 PM
    It's a phone I still like. There's a part of me that wants to keep it and park it in the bench as a back up for the Pixel 2, but there's a part of me that also would prefer to get a V30 for it as I'd be more likely to use them both (and OK with parking the Mi Note 2 with the 950XL).
    I get that since there's a decent amount of positive things about it. It has a lot but I think you would probably enjoy the V30 and Pixel 2 combo more as you have mentioned. Dual cameras, manual mode, headphone jack, and of course the audio experience are some things that come to mind.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    03-13-2018 07:16 PM
    I do like the look...a modern Pebble. I'm curious to read the reviews.
    Me too. Apparently battery life is good.
    03-13-2018 07:18 PM
    Me too. Apparently battery life is good.
    I take it you don't have a smartwatch?

If you don't, this would be a nice option as I'd stay away from the LG watch style or stuff like that. Maybe an Apple watch on a good deal could work too, since you've got iOS.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-13-2018 07:32 PM
    I get that since there's a decent amount of positive things about it. It has a lot but I think you would probably enjoy the V30 and Pixel 2 combo more as you have mentioned. Dual cameras, manual mode, headphone jack, and of course the audio experience are some things that come to mind.
    Yup.

I like dual cameras - wide angle and monochrome. I suppose one of the only single camera setups I'd prefer trading a monochrome setup for is the one on the Pixel.
    03-13-2018 07:34 PM
    I take it you don't have a smartwatch?

If you don't, this would be a nice option as I'd stay away from the LG watch style or stuff like that. Maybe an Apple watch on a good deal could work too, since you've got iOS.
    Yep, I don't have one. I like the idea of them but most of them aside from the Apple Watch have big watch faces or just weren't cute enough for me. I might have small wrists but I'm not one of those girls who likes a big watch face. I haven't heard anything good about battery life for Apple Watches sadly. For me, the less frequently I have to charge something, the better, but that probably isn't surprising.
    03-13-2018 07:59 PM
    Yup.

I like dual cameras - wide angle and monochrome. I suppose one of the only single camera setups I'd prefer trading a monochrome setup for is the one on the Pixel.
    That makes sense, since it's really good on the Pixel. I'm still amazed that it does Portrait Mode so well with just one lens.
    03-13-2018 08:03 PM
    Having swapped over to the lil Pixie dust for the past week, when I booked up Andy's phone it reminded me of how well designed it is from the screen to body ratio aspect.

If the camera was where it was now at the beginning and still gotten the same level of updates to actually improve it, it would still be my daily driver as I really like the screen.

I just think they made the camera too barebones to start off and as much as they've updated the app...it feels like they were fleshing out the app more than really improving the post processing in a more meaningful way. Do pictures look better now? Sure, but not by a ton...and that's my issue.
    03-13-2018 08:41 PM
    Having swapped over to the lil Pixie dust for the past week, when I booked up Andy's phone it reminded me of how well designed it is from the screen to body ratio aspect.

If the camera was where it was now at the beginning and still gotten the same level of updates to actually improve it, it would still be my daily driver as I really like the screen.

I just think they made the camera too barebones to start off and as much as they've updated the app...it feels like they were fleshing out the app more than really improving the post processing in a more meaningful way. Do pictures look better now? Sure, but not by a ton...and that's my issue.
    I think that's a valid issue. It would be nice if they did that. It kind of gives me Nextbit Robin vibes in that sense. Not the same camera of course, but the process it went through to get to that point.
    03-13-2018 08:44 PM

The camera here feels like a more poorly executed idea of what Google did with the OG Pixel.

Andy's team got a lot right the first try...design, in hand feel, premium materials, very attractive packagaing and color options. They just missed where most people though they would have excelled - software.

I do like the phone. When it ran smooth, it was a treat to use. It was so barebones it was great! I literally could put the basics on it and rock out just fine. That I love because there's stuff on the lil Pixie dust I wish I could uninstall but I can't. On Andy's phone, I was able to use the Sony apps for gallery and music flawlessly and didn't have to bother with Play music and Google Photos, apps I never use. It was so lean, outside of the camera it's a great phone to go fully MSFT apps on.

In the end, what did me in was the really small things such as not being able to charge the phone with anything other than my battery pack if not using the bundled charger. Or the radio performance on T-Mobile (If I were on Verizon, I heard it runs like a true champ).
    03-13-2018 08:56 PM
144,154 ... 56725673567456755676 ...