Good luck with selling! You gotta do what you gotta do. It would only become another collection item to keep and for it, it isn't worth it. I get you on this though, I think I'm done with a phone as well.
    I'm fine with it being another collection piece, and if I was going back home to visit soon, my friend would have gotten it easily.

I just would prefer right to keep the list to two collection pieces (Mi Note 2, 950XL) and two active devices: V30, Pixel 2.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-17-2018 10:41 AM
    I'm fine with it being another collection piece, and if I was going back home to visit soon, my friend would have gotten it easily.

I just would prefer right to keep the list to two collection pieces (Mi Note 2, 950XL) and two active devices: V30, Pixel 2.
    Sounds like the best way to do it, and that's nice and even!
    03-17-2018 11:29 AM
    Once again, I will be taking two phones with me tonight. I do think there will be an obvious winner but if anything this will decide the future of the other phone that remains.

I'm so excited to see my all-time favorite tonight!! I'm going to get some studying for my quiz squared away in the meanwhile though. I did a little bit last night but I need to be more familiar with the technical terms.
    03-17-2018 11:33 AM
    Once again, I will be taking two phones with me tonight. I do think there will be an obvious winner but if anything this will decide the future of the other phone that remains.

I'm so excited to see my all-time favorite tonight!! I'm going to get some studying for my quiz squared away in the meanwhile though. I did a little bit last night but I need to be more familiar with the technical terms.
    Good luck with that.
    03-17-2018 11:55 AM
    Good luck with that.
    Thanks, the results will tell (for both things, lol).

The phone one isn't with what you might expect. Going to a concert made me decide that the SE cannot be the phone for me to use (since it's pretty trash in those settings). The Galaxy A3 I have isn't going anywhere out of my collection. I will be seeing if the iPhone 7 compares or is better than it in these settings.
    Last edited by libra89; 03-17-2018 at 01:15 PM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-17-2018 01:04 PM
    Hm, GSMArena just posted a review of the XZ2 Compact and it's interesting. Even so, it still isn't even available here anyway so eh.
    03-17-2018 01:28 PM
    Thanks, the results will tell (for both things, lol).

The phone one isn't with what you might expect. Going to a concert made me decide that the SE cannot be the phone for me to use (since it's pretty trash in those settings). The Galaxy A3 I have isn't going anywhere out of my collection. I will be seeing if the iPhone 7 compares or is better than it in these settings.
    Well, I'm sure you'll figure it out.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-17-2018 02:59 PM
    So my version of Andy's phone is looking for a new home. I want to keep it, but it's better to let it go.
    Good luck with your sale. ☺️ It looks like a nice device, but it needs some updates to improve it.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-17-2018 04:27 PM
    Good luck with your sale. It looks like a nice device, but it needs some updates to improve it.
    Thanks.

If the camera was better, even without OIS, I'd have still kept it.
    Last edited by MSFTisMIA; 03-18-2018 at 06:45 AM.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    03-17-2018 04:32 PM
    Once I get through this current stretch, I'll return to the blog. Things are just a little too hectic right now.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-17-2018 05:46 PM
    Once I get through this current stretch, I'll return to the blog. Things are just a little too hectic right now.
    I think I can speak for all of the readers by saying that we don't mind waiting.
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-17-2018 10:34 PM
    The concert was amazing! I don't usually buy merch but the exclusive album was necessary.

I got some good photos on both phones but one was slightly better so I can confirm my decision about the phone that should go.

I got one of the best compliments to date tonight from one of the people sitting next to me. She said she was amazed that I knew every lyric of every song that was sung tonight and also that she enjoyed seeing how excited I was, which is a really sweet thing to say.
    03-17-2018 10:46 PM
    The concert was amazing! I don't usually buy merch but the exclusive album was necessary.

I got some good photos on both phones but one was slightly better so I can confirm my decision about the phone that should go.

I got one of the best compliments to date tonight from one of the people sitting next to me. She said she was amazed that I knew every lyric of every song that was sung tonight and also that she enjoyed seeing how excited I was, which is a really sweet thing to say.
    Good to hear you had a good time.
    03-18-2018 09:34 AM
    Good to hear you had a good time.
    Thank you! This was a special concert celebrating 30 years of music so we heard a lot of old and new songs.
    03-18-2018 12:25 PM
    I was floored at how cheap the Moto Z² Force has become...and disheartened to hear the X5 got cancelled.

Would I try a Z² Force at its current price? Sure. I just don't hold much hope for Moto or Lenovo, really.
    03-18-2018 12:30 PM
    I was floored at how cheap the Moto Z² Force has become...and disheartened to hear the X5 got cancelled.

Would I try a Z² Force at its current price? Sure. I just don't hold much hope for Moto or Lenovo, really.
    I'm disappointed how Moto devices have done since Lenovo took them over. I loved the OG Moto X. I would've expected at least the Verizon Moto devices to do better, considering that those devices had been popular with Verizon customers in the past. Too bad Google didn't keep Moto.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-18-2018 01:57 PM
    I'm disappointed how Moto devices have done since Lenovo took them over. I loved the OG Moto X. I would've expected at least the Verizon Moto devices to do better, considering that those devices had been popular with Verizon customers in the past. Too bad Google didn't keep Moto.
    Google wasn't ready to manage a hardware division like it was now, as it didn't want to offend its partners. I would have argued that if Google had kept Moto, they should have had 3 lines:

The $250 budget phone (Moto G on Android One)
    The $400 mid ranger (Moto X4 on Android One)
    The Pixel line with Pixel software

2 years OS and 3 years of patches for Android One and 3 years for the Pixel line for both.
    Release hardware upgrades for the budget and mid rangers every 18 months and annually for the Pixel line as showcases for Android. So you keep the company lean because you can move units on the budget line, promote a good dev community on the mid ranger and make the Pixel line a bit more line iOS to discourage people rooting and such.

Removable battery on the budget model; SD card support on the Android One phones.
    03-18-2018 02:19 PM
    Google wasn't ready to manage a hardware division like it was now, as it didn't want to offend its partners. I would have argued that if Google had kept Moto, they should have had 3 lines:

The $250 budget phone (Moto G on Android One)
    The $400 mid ranger (Moto X4 on Android One)
    The Pixel line with Pixel software

2 years OS and 3 years of patches for Android One and 3 years for the Pixel line for both.
    Release hardware upgrades for the budget and mid rangers every 18 months and annually for the Pixel line as showcases for Android. So you keep the company lean because you can move units on the budget line, promote a good dev community on the mid ranger and make the Pixel line a bit more line iOS to discourage people rooting and such.

Removable battery on the budget model; SD card support on the Android One phones.
    That model you described makes a lot of sense. I would have liked that.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-18-2018 03:18 PM
    That model you described makes a lot of sense. I would have liked that.
    The truth is, Moto has two hits right now: Moto G and Z Play. I'd argue the E series has gotten very good too. They've got nothing in the high end range.

I'd have tweaked the idea further and do this to Moto's current lineup:

1) $250 - 5" water resistant via removable backs (red, blue, white and black), 1080P LCD screen, good camera, high end SD 400 chip
    3) $400 - 6.2 " 18.9 AMOLED screen, front speakers, back mounted FPS, SD 66x chip, one cam with very good EIS, water resistant - basically, put a bigger screen in the Z Play body
    3) $650 - 5.7" 18.9 2K AMOLED screen, front speakers, dual camera (regular + monochrome), rear mounted FPS, OIS, SD 800 chip, water resistant (shoot for the Essential phone dimensions wise)

- put the old Moto logo back and place the FPS in the logo (if VZW had tramp stamps once of the Note phones, so can Moto)
    - make the software Android One to give faster updates
    - Only have the two apps - Moto display and the camera app as AOSP that you update often.
    03-18-2018 04:13 PM
    The truth is, Moto has two hits right now: Moto G and Z Play. I'd argue the E series has gotten very good too. They've got nothing in the high end range.

I'd have tweaked the idea further and do this to Moto's current lineup:

1) $250 - 5" water resistant via removable backs (red, blue, white and black), 1080P LCD screen, good camera, high end SD 400 chip
    3) $400 - 6.2 " 18.9 AMOLED screen, front speakers, back mounted FPS, SD 66x chip, one cam with very good EIS, water resistant - basically, put a bigger screen in the Z Play body
    3) $650 - 5.7" 18.9 2K AMOLED screen, front speakers, dual camera (regular + monochrome), rear mounted FPS, OIS, SD 800 chip, water resistant (shoot for the Essential phone dimensions wise)

- put the old Moto logo back and place the FPS in the logo (if VZW had tramp stamps once of the Note phones, so can Moto)
    - make the software Android One to give faster updates
    - Only have the two apps - Moto display and the camera app as AOSP that you update often.
    You have great ideas here, including your original post. It sounds less cluttered than what they have going on right now.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-18-2018 04:21 PM
    Thank you! This was a special concert celebrating 30 years of music so we heard a lot of old and new songs.
    OMG him or his team liked my post!! That's never happened before. I am flipping out!

First, the hand touch last time and then the liking of my post. Whoa, what's next?! Haha, I am half joking. I'm aware he is just a human but it's still very cool.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    03-18-2018 04:28 PM
    You have great ideas here, including your original post. It sounds less cluttered than what they have going on right now.
    They've got 40 million variants, which was always the problem Moto and Nokia had.

Just pick 4 phones and stick with it...a basic, a budget, a big screen mid ranger and a flagship. Focus on value for money and fast updates in all 4.
    03-18-2018 04:37 PM
    They've got 40 million variants, which was always the problem Moto and Nokia had.

Just pick 4 phones and stick with it...a basic, a budget, a big screen mid ranger and a flagship. Focus on value for money and fast updates in all 4.
    That's true about the problem. I agree with you on that.

On that note, how well do you think Nokia/ HMD is doing when it comes to the multiple model thing? I recently heard something interesting that their cash cow is really from the feature phones and everything else is extra. That was surprising to me that this is the case still.
    03-18-2018 04:41 PM
    That's true about the problem. I agree with you on that.

On that note, how well do you think Nokia/ HMD is doing when it comes to the multiple model thing? I recently heard something interesting that their cash cow is really from the feature phones and everything else is extra. That was surprising to me that this is the case still.
    Nokia was very well-known outside the USA. However, it was primarily known for feature phones on GSM carriers in the USA. I remember both AT&T and T-Mobile having a few Symbian devices, and I owned 2 of those AT&T models. However, nobody I knew had any idea what those devices were: my family and friends had BlackBerry and Palm devices at that time.
    libra89 and fatclue_98 like this.
    03-18-2018 04:47 PM
    Nokia was very well-known outside the USA. However, it was primarily known for feature phones on GSM carriers in the USA. I remember both AT&T and T-Mobile having a few Symbian devices, and I owned 2 of those AT&T models. However, nobody I knew had any idea what those devices were: my family and friends had BlackBerry and Palm devices at that time.
    Even at its height, Nokia was never able to fully break into the US market.
    03-18-2018 05:18 PM
144,455 ... 56765677567856795680 ...