It's hard.
    So today, a friend of mine was telling us three single friends some good dating tips. They were really useful/helpful. One thing he said was to reject anyone with Snapchat filters....

Snapchat? Whatsdat???
    LOL
    03-26-2018 02:31 AM
    It's been a week now since I got back my car from the workshop.
    I'm replaying the moments of event until I collide with the back of the car in front of me. I admit my carelessness and lapse of concentration. But I think the city planners got it wrong too. I mean, why put a pedestrian crossing some 50 feet after a traffic junction? Why not put the pedestrian crossings at the junction itself..

... !
    libra89, Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    03-26-2018 03:42 AM
    It's been a week now since I got back my car from the workshop.
    I'm replaying the moments of event until I collide with the back of the car in front of me. I admit my carelessness and lapse of concentration. But I think the city planners got it wrong too. I mean, why put a pedestrian crossing some 50 feet after a traffic junction? Why not put the pedestrian crossings at the junction itself..
    ... !
    It's not just your part of the world. The city planners in Miami and Ft. Lauderdale thought it was a good idea too, it must be that collective consciousness thingy at play. All along the oceanside roads we have those pedestrian crossings seemingly in the middle of nowhere and failure to stop for folks crossing will net you a $174 fine and 4 points on your license instead of 10 points for hitting a pedestrian.
    03-26-2018 06:45 AM
    I think I want a Pixel 1 again. The idea of being able to return it is pulling it for me. I know, I'm a mess.

Edit: If it's still there tomorrow after the Apple event, maybe I'll cave or maybe not. I think it's time for another pros and cons list. I don't have high hopes for an SE 2 being announced tomorrow, but I would love to be wrong. If I'm wrong, this desire is squashed. If not, back to the pros and cons list.
    Last edited by libra89; 03-26-2018 at 10:26 AM.
    03-26-2018 10:07 AM
    I think I want a Pixel 1 again. The idea of being able to return it is pulling it for me. I know, I'm a mess.

Edit: If it's still there tomorrow after the Apple event, maybe I'll cave or maybe not. I think it's time for another pros and cons list. I don't have high hopes for an SE 2 being announced tomorrow, but I would love to be wrong. If I'm wrong, this desire is squashed. If not, back to the pros and cons list.
    that how i am when i see my lumia 950. i want to use it again becuse it was a great phone. i hope they annouce the iphone se 2 with a headphone jack :)
    libra89 likes this.
    03-26-2018 11:07 AM
    that how i am when i see my lumia 950. i want to use it again becuse it was a great phone. i hope they annouce the iphone se 2 with a headphone jack :)
    I totally understand that. It's so weird lol. I hope so too! The headphone jack going away is annoying considering the lack of a proper solution.
    03-26-2018 11:21 AM
    I totally understand that. It's so weird lol. I hope so too! The headphone jack going away is annoying considering the lack of a proper solution.
    i hope they also dont cheap out of the se and use the same internals as the iphone 8 .
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-26-2018 12:11 PM
    i hope they also dont cheap out of the se and use the same internals as the iphone 8 .
    And if they did, with the mini iPhone 10 design (as internally the iPhone 8 and X are the same), it would be a brilliant move.
    03-26-2018 05:10 PM
    And if they did, with the mini iPhone 10 design (as internally the iPhone 8 and X are the same), it would be a brilliant move.
    id buy it :P so mia hows it going. anything new?
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    03-26-2018 05:19 PM
    id buy it so mia hows it going. anything new?
    I picked up a Mixie (Xiaomi Mi Mix 2) and am sending off my much beloved Mi Note 2 to a good home.

Now that I mention it, I should have made a side move and replace the Mi Note 2 with the OG Mixie and retire my tablet that way too. The 256GB internal + dat screen and solid horsepower (S821 + 6GBRAM found in the Mi Note 2) would soften the blow of no ingress protection (Z3 tablet compact) and IR blaster (Mi Note 2). But, I digress...

Incidentally, I saw pictures of the white Mixie (the Special Edition Mix 2)...God that phone looks so, so good.
    03-26-2018 05:56 PM
    Another long week awaits. They all look the same at this point.
    03-26-2018 05:59 PM
    Much to Libra's amusement, I now own a Mixie (Mi Mix 2) and Pixie dust (Pixel 2). Now, all I need is V30 as this sans headphone jack crap aggravates me still.

It'll be a good spectrum mix as the Pixie gets great OS and security patches support; Xiaomi updates their skin weekly and has gotten better with patches but takes ages for major OS updates; and LG graces us with their presence whenever they get to it with software support.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-26-2018 06:06 PM
    I picked up a Mixie (Xiaomi Mi Mix 2) and am sending off my much beloved Mi Note 2 to a good home.

Now that I mention it, I should have made a side move and replace the Mi Note 2 with the OG Mixie and retire my tablet that way too. The 256GB internal + dat screen and solid horsepower (S821 + 6GBRAM found in the Mi Note 2) would soften the blow of no ingress protection (Z3 tablet compact) and IR blaster (Mi Note 2). But, I digress...

Incidentally, I saw pictures of the white Mixie (the Special Edition Mix 2)...God that phone looks so, so good.
    Me and my old co-worker were talking about. How great looking phones Xiaomi are. He was planning to get the phone they came out with(i forgot what it was ) it's too bad they don't sell them in the states.

Sent from mTalk using Alcatel Idol 4s
    Laura Knotek and fatclue_98 like this.
    03-26-2018 07:51 PM
    Much to Libra's amusement, I now own a Mixie (Mi Mix 2) and Pixie dust (Pixel 2). Now, all I need is V30 as this sans headphone jack crap aggravates me still.

It'll be a good spectrum mix as the Pixie gets great OS and security patches support; Xiaomi updates their skin weekly and has gotten better with patches but takes ages for major OS updates; and LG graces us with their presence whenever they get to it with software support.
    I do wish android as a whole would take the approach that Microsoft took as to only update the software and don't touch the firmware unless necessary. Not sure if it would work realistically but ideally it sounds good.

fatclue_98 likes this.
    03-26-2018 07:55 PM
    Me and my old co-worker were talking about. How great looking phones Xiaomi are. He was planning to get the phone they came out with(i forgot what it was ) it's too bad they don't sell them in the states.

I'd tell people that I had a very good experience the Mi 5 (which I still love) and Mi Note 2 (which I really enjoyed), and I expect no different with the Mix 2. MIUI is an acquired taste, but I prefer it over EMUI from Huawei any day of the week.

I enjoy the in hand feel of the Mi Note 2, but wouldn't use it withiut a case as it is slippery. I wouldn't use the Mix 2 without a case either, but the in-hand feel here too is much improved over the Mi Note 2.

99 and I had conversation a few months back that Xiaomi changed their lineup in 2017. In 2016 the Mix was a concept with the Mi Note 2 has the high end phablet and they had 4 million variants of the Mi 5 line (Mi 5, Mi 5S, Mi 5S+). With the Mix 2 becoming more available, the Mix 2 took the Mi Note 2's spot, with the Mi Note 3 becoming a phablet version that's less powerful version of the Mi 6, and the Mi 6 being the compact flagship.

I'm curious how their 2018 lineup will look.
    libra89 and fatclue_98 like this.
    03-26-2018 08:02 PM
    I do wish android as a whole would take the approach that Microsoft took as to only update the software and don't touch the firmware unless necessary. Not sure if it would work realistically but ideally it sounds good.

The issue Xiaomi has is that they support their skin seriously. MIUI is running on phones from Kit Kat to Oreo. So because they keep the look the same across devices, it's harder to do major updates quickly.

I don't mind where they are, as long as they keep the security patches coming steadily. The Mi Note 2 as of last week's beta is now on the March 2018 patch, while still being on 7.0.
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    03-26-2018 08:05 PM

Ooh that's a nice mix (pun not intended haha). I'm looking forward to your impressions and thoughts on it!

Yep, sounds like you have one left to go.
    03-26-2018 09:13 PM
    Ooh that's a nice mix (pun not intended haha). I'm looking forward to your impressions and thoughts on it!

Yep, sounds like you have one left to go.
    Yeah. I'd like a V30+, but that's a ways away from being able to buy that.
    03-26-2018 09:39 PM
    Looks like Xiaomi brought it's A game to the Mi Mix 2S. Great camera and wireless charging along with top notch hardware specs. I will have to give it a try.
    libra89 and fatclue_98 like this.
    03-27-2018 04:38 AM
    Looks like Xiaomi brought it's A game to the Mi Mix 2S. Great camera and wireless charging along with top notch hardware specs. I will have to give it a try.
    Honestly, I preferred how the fan renders looked over the live version. We await your experience once you try one.
    fatclue_98 and libra89 like this.
    03-27-2018 06:59 AM
    I read your post too fast. I thought you said you liked a top notch. Everybody seems to have their panties in a bunch over this notch thing. I honestly don't see the big deal, I think it's cool.
    03-27-2018 07:17 AM
    I read your post too fast. I thought you said you liked a top notch. Everybody seems to have their panties in a bunch over this notch thing. I honestly don't see the big deal, I think it's cool.
    The bellyaching about the notch is as annoying as watch your favorite political punchline at a press conference.
    03-27-2018 07:29 AM
    I am so ready for baseball season to begin. I really don't care about Spring Training, since it doesn't really count for much.
    03-27-2018 09:10 AM
    I am so ready for baseball season to begin. I really don't care about Spring Training, since it doesn't really count for much.
    The best part of baseball season these days is watching my favorite player (Mr. Kershaw) continually being the kryptonite for the Nats in the post season...
    03-27-2018 10:22 AM
    The best part of baseball season these days is watching my favorite player (Mr. Kershaw) continually being the kryptonite for the Nats in the post season...
    Ugh I hate how good he is. He is really something else! Scherzer all day, every day for me but Kershaw is hard to dominate.
    03-27-2018 10:26 AM
143,653 ... 56815682568356845685 ...