Uh.....no. If you believe in omens, Jose Urena gave up a serious jack on the first pitch. All 5 people in the stadium knew that kid Happ was looking first pitch fastball, did it occur to anybody to give him something off-speed?
    What’s opening day? What sport is this?
    Hockey season is still going. No place for stickball.
    03-29-2018 05:08 PM
    What’s opening day? What sport is this?
    Hockey season is still going. No place for stickball.
    Some of us baseball fans would use the same words to talk about hockey, so...
    03-29-2018 05:16 PM
    Uh.....no. If you believe in omens, Jose Urena gave up a serious jack on the first pitch. All 5 people in the stadium knew that kid Happ was looking first pitch fastball, did it occur to anybody to give him something off-speed?
    Sucks, man. I was hopeful you guys would hijack the Cubs, not give up bombs.
    fatclue_98 and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-29-2018 05:16 PM
    Some of us baseball fans would use the same words to talk about hockey, so...
    But it’s a curved stick. Big difference. 🤣
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-29-2018 05:29 PM
    But it’s a curved stick. Big difference. 🤣
    A monkey in a suit and a monkey in a dress are still monkeys at the end of the day...noatter who much you try to make them fashionable.
    libra89, Laura Knotek and raycpl like this.
    03-29-2018 06:07 PM
    A monkey in a suit and a monkey in a dress are still monkeys at the end of the day...noatter who much you try to make them fashionable.
    I hate monkeys.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-29-2018 06:20 PM
    I hate monkeys.
    That's why I wouldn't advise you to dress them up...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-29-2018 07:06 PM
    That's why I wouldn't advise you to dress them up...
    Good advice. I’ll take the suit back to the store for a refund.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-29-2018 07:07 PM
    Sucks, man. I was hopeful you guys would hijack the Cubs, not give up bombs.
    We could’ve used some today. Oh wait that’s right, we gave ours away. Big G is at it already with the Yanks.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-29-2018 07:12 PM
    So...

I really appreciate the compact nature (to me) of the Mi Mix 2. I could it as my daily driver in the same way I could use a V30. In hand feel is nice...better than Andy's phone, much improved over the very nice feel of the Mi Note 2 and miles better than the Pixel 2.

In hand reference points: the Pixel 2 (2700mah) is slightly smaller than the Mi Mix 2(3400mah), which is slightly smaller than the Mi Note 2(4080mah).

I put a nice case on the Mixie and it's good to go. Used to MIUI, so no news there. I may take her out for a drove next week with the Huawei OG watch paired.

I like Pixie's data mover app...connect both devices via USB cable, and it works well Xiaomi has Mi Mover, which is done via WiFi and may not get all apps across. That sucks.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-29-2018 07:13 PM
    We could’ve used some today. Oh wait that’s right, we gave ours away. Big G is at it already with the Yanks.
    They'll play lots of close games or may get blown out a lot. Most people didn't expect the Phillies to take the step they did last year either.

As long as they beat the Braves and Nats, I'm good. Your team annoys the hell out of the Mets, so...
    03-29-2018 08:43 PM
    So I got my midterm back (the one I was really concerned about) and I got a high B! I'm so relieved. I'll be fine after all. I just have to do well on the project and keep doing my best on assignments.
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-29-2018 09:11 PM
    They'll play lots of close games or may get blown out a lot. Most people didn't expect the Phillies to take the step they did last year either.

As long as they beat the Braves and Nats, I'm good. Your team annoys the hell out of the Mets, so...
    This is true. So one of my friends who is a Phillies fan wants us to really go to a game together this year. We were supposed to go last season with another mutual friend but he flaked. It's going to happen with or without said friend. lol. If anything, I hope the game would be a good one LOL.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-29-2018 09:14 PM
    So...

I really appreciate the compact nature (to me) of the Mi Mix 2. I could it as my daily driver in the same way I could use a V30. In hand feel is nice...better than Andy's phone, much improved over the very nice feel of the Mi Note 2 and miles better than the Pixel 2.

In hand reference points: the Pixel 2 (2700mah) is slightly smaller than the Mi Mix 2(3400mah), which is slightly smaller than the Mi Note 2(4080mah).

I put a nice case on the Mixie and it's good to go. Used to MIUI, so no news there. I may take her out for a drove next week with the Huawei OG watch paired.

I like Pixie's data mover app...connect both devices via USB cable, and it works well Xiaomi has Mi Mover, which is done via WiFi and may not get all apps across. That sucks.
    I was looking forward to your impressions so far with the Mi Mix 2, thanks for posting. It sounds like it can be a nice inbetween for you, even in the physical sense. (You mentioned software previously so I mean in the other ways).

That sounds annoying about not being able to get all of your apps across. I get those feels, because manually setting up everything will take a while.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-29-2018 09:20 PM
    Well that sucks. The good thing is that this is only game 1, so there's hundreds more to go!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-29-2018 09:22 PM
    I was looking forward to your impressions so far with the Mi Mix 2, thanks for posting. It sounds like it can be a nice inbetween for you, even in the physical sense. (You mentioned software previously so I mean in the other ways).

That sounds annoying about not being able to get all of your apps across. I get those feels, because manually setting up everything will take a while.
    It's a nice phone. Really nice. I like the tools like nature of the Pixie and that polished feel of the Mixie.
    03-29-2018 09:44 PM
    The Mi Mix 2 impressions wise reminds me of...a HTC Titan. It evokes that big screen, brawny, raw power, immersive feel of that phone. Such a fun device to use...and this will be a fun one in its own way.

The no headphone jack bums the hell out of me, but aesthetically, I get it. I'd trade the FFC for the jack though. The reason why I almost love this design is it reminds of a Sony Ericsson M600, is that I wish there was a version of this device that had no FFC. Turn this into a 6.2" screen sans FFC and I'd be so stoked to use it.

Still, it's a head turner. I like it so far. A lot too.
    03-29-2018 10:08 PM
    So I got my midterm back (the one I was really concerned about) and I got a high B! I'm so relieved. I'll be fine after all. I just have to do well on the project and keep doing my best on assignments.
    Congratulations! Keep up the good work. ☺️
    libra89 likes this.
    03-29-2018 11:21 PM
    Back in Kota Kinabalu for the Easter weekend

... !
    03-30-2018 02:29 AM
    So it appears to be a less frantic Friday as many folks are honoring the Easter weekend.

But when you work at a hospital, nothing is really ever less frantic. Let's see how the day actually goes.
    03-30-2018 06:51 AM
    I do like the Mix 2. For my mitts, it's compact in the same vein as the V30. Secreen is solid, performance is crisp enough and MIUI is...still MIUI. It's on the global stable - I set it up with 7.1.1 and it updated to 8.0 + February 2018 security patches.

Screen is very immersive, even more so than the V30 from my hand on with it. I'm gonna miss the hell out of my Mi Note 2; the Mi Mix 2 has justified why I would part with the Mi Note 2 for it.

If I still wanted big screen daily drivers, I'd use the Mi Mix 2 for sure.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-30-2018 06:55 AM
    Congratulations! Keep up the good work. ☺️
    Thank you Laura!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-30-2018 07:40 AM
    Thank you Laura!
    You'll be surprised at how often this happens. Grad school is a great way to have you work under pressure and push your boundaries.
    03-30-2018 09:13 AM
    Forgive my ignorance but what exactly is grad school? I only did a little over a year in college so I'm not well versed in academia.
    03-30-2018 09:49 AM
    Forgive my ignorance but what exactly is grad school? I only did a little over a year in college so I'm not well versed in academia.
    That's the Masters level foo-foo bull****. I'll be honest and say that the only reason why I went back to get a master's was because in my line of work they will criminally underpay you will a regular college degree only. They do that with a master's still but it is so egregious without one it's not even funny.
    03-30-2018 10:05 AM
142,810 ... 56845685568656875688 ...