Under the dryer at the salon, so what better time to spill out what I'm thinking about...

So in my friend group, I have another friend getting married next month. We have hung out independently like 1 time. I had a fun girls sleepover with her and 2 of the girls in the group last year. She is closer to the other two girls than me, like they plan to hang out (independently) and talk on the phone.

She's cool and so is her soon to be husband, they are a solid pairing. However, I have been on the fence about going to the wedding, which is 3 hours away. RSVPs are due by tomorrow. Because of the time of the wedding, I'll have to do an overnight stay unless I really want to be on the road driving home at 11. That's not really safe.

One of the girls is going, she was even asked to play piano. I have to touch base with the other one though. I also checked my classes and I should be okay even though that is coming close to the end. I do wonder if I have an answer in being unsure or what. She has supported me in a big moment so that adds to the feelings.

Edit: The other one is going, I would feel better going down with her and coming back.
    Sounds like you're getting wedding jitters with attending all these weddings. It's that time in life where you guys people get hitched. That's how it goes.

The pressures on women are still as intense as always when it comes to this, even though some social values have changed...
    Laura Knotek, libra89 and N_LaRUE like this.
    03-31-2018 04:22 PM
    Very cool. I like the one of the people playing chess outside.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-31-2018 04:42 PM
    And in typical NYC fashion...Attachment 138973
    What's the purpose of that costume? Do people just wear those randomly in NYC?
    libra89 likes this.
    03-31-2018 04:43 PM
    That's a street performer in a very unique custome. I didn't feel like taking a picture
    What's the purpose of that costume? Do people just wear those randomly in NYC?
    That's a street performer in a very unique custome. I didn't feel like taking a picture of the beareded white guy in Speedos running around, so I posted this instead.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-31-2018 04:55 PM
    So far, I'm very impressed with the Mi Mix 2. It's so HTC Titanesque for me it's not even funny.

It's paired to the OG Hu watch and I remembered what I disliked about this thing - sunlight legibility is bad. Still, this pairing looks really good together, especially since I'm using a navy blue case.
    Ooh sounds very nice together! I'm glad to hear that you are impressed with it too.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-31-2018 04:56 PM
    Nice shots!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-31-2018 04:57 PM
    As much I would like a V30, I may just with the Mixie and Pixie show solely. I like both devices as they run smooth and bring different things to the table.

Pixie is the work phone and Mixie is for those flash days. While I really love the Swiss army nature of the V30, the software situation is really the killer for me.

Plus the price hasn't come down as yet as typical with LG phones. I may change my mind later in the year, but for right now I'm good with these two.
    Maybe I should have quoted this post instead of your post before this about the Mixie, but oh well lol. I think you have a great set here based on what each one brings.

This sounds good to me.
    03-31-2018 04:59 PM
    Sounds like you're getting wedding jitters with attending all these weddings. It's that time in life where you guys people get hitched. That's how it goes.

The pressures on women are still as intense as always when it comes to this, even though some social values have changed...
    Yep, that's possible. It feels like the year of it. This would be my first time attending a wedding for a friend. The other ones have been family or a family friend.

This is so true and I think it's something that I can kind of relate to feeling. Seeing this go down with friends still has me wondering if I should try to make more of an effort to date people this year. I wouldn't want to be with someone just to be with someone, because that's not what I do.

My friend, the one who has been talking about pairing one of his friends with me, recently told me (with an audience of his gf, and 2 mutual friends as well) that he was single for four years. In this case, it means what it sounds like, since he is a relationship guy. There were no late night sessions but he was dating people and none of those dates went anywhere until now.
    03-31-2018 05:08 PM
    Maybe I should have quoted this post instead of your post before this about the Mixie, but oh well lol. I think you have a great set here based on what each one brings.

This sounds good to me.
    I think so. I wish the camera on the Mix 2 was better, but I'm not sure that the V30's is that much better. 99 can answer as he's used both. Outside of the Pixie I was looking for a firm #2 to use 1-2 times a week and do some different things.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-31-2018 05:17 PM
    Yep, that's possible. It feels like the year of it. This would be my first time attending a wedding for a friend. The other ones have been family or a family friend.

This is so true and I think it's something that I can kind of relate to feeling. Seeing this go down with friends still has me wondering if I should try to make more of an effort to date people this year. I wouldn't want to be with someone just to be with someone, because that's not what I do.

My friend, the one who has been talking about pairing one of his friends with me, recently told me (with an audience of his gf, and 2 mutual friends as well) that he was single for four years. In this case, it means what it sounds like, since he is a relationship guy. There were no late night sessions but he was dating people and none of those dates went anywhere until now.
    We talk about stuff like this in our section of the office all the time, as the girl in your age group who started a few months before me in engaged with her wedding planned for this year.

If you know what you want and genuinely stay in tune, it'll help you ferret through the bull**** that is dating these days. It's not easy at all.
    03-31-2018 05:20 PM
    I think so. I wish the camera on the Mix 2 was better, but I'm not sure that the V30's is that much better. 99 can answer as he's used both. Outside of the Pixie I was looking for a firm #2 to use 1-2 times a week and do some different things.
    Gotcha. In that case, it does sound like you picked a winner here.
    03-31-2018 05:42 PM
    We talk about stuff like this in our section of the office all the time, as the girl in your age group who started a few months before me in engaged with her wedding planned for this year.

If you know what you want and genuinely stay in tune, it'll help you ferret through the bull**** that is dating these days. It's not easy at all.
    Oh wow. She speaks to your point.

You're right, I'll keep that in mind. I have heard so much that it is challenging.
    03-31-2018 06:11 PM
    Oh wow. She speaks to your point.

You're right, I'll keep that in mind. I have heard so much that it is challenging.
    Like anything else, it's not easy. She's talked about the bumps she's been through and how both her and the fianceé are still learning. My married colleague yesterday was talking about how the wedding day is just the starting point, not the point to start coasting.
    03-31-2018 08:32 PM
    Like anything else, it's not easy. She's talked about the bumps she's been through and how both her and the fianceé are still learning. My married colleague yesterday was talking about how the wedding day is just the starting point, not the point to start coasting.
    I can believe that for sure. From what my sister tells me, it does sound like an adjustment.
    03-31-2018 08:42 PM
    I can believe that for sure. From what my sister tells me, it does sound like an adjustment.
    It's something that those who want to do it, just will have to adjust to. The married people will tell more here.
    libra89 and fatclue_98 like this.
    03-31-2018 08:44 PM
    Typed that last response from the Surface Pro. It took me an hour to figure out why it wasn't charging but it's cool. It's nice so far to be able to use some of these apps I have paid for previously for Windows 10 Mobile again. As someone who has never had a keyboard that was backlit, I am enjoying this experience so far.

On a related note, Instagram on a bigger screen is not as bad as I thought it would be but I'll leave that experience to my phone only.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    03-31-2018 08:51 PM
    My stab on being arty

The landcruiser has been left here so long, nature has begun to take over

One pimped up set of wheels

... !
    03-31-2018 09:33 PM
    My stab on being arty

https://i.imgur.com/LCkZ0BT.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/mYHQ380.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/92eLmSF.jpg

... !
    Ooh this is very cool looking.
    raycpl likes this.
    03-31-2018 09:45 PM
    Typed that last response from the Surface Pro. It took me an hour to figure out why it wasn't charging but it's cool. It's nice so far to be able to use some of these apps I have paid for previously for Windows 10 Mobile again. As someone who has never had a keyboard that was backlit, I am enjoying this experience so far.

On a related note, Instagram on a bigger screen is not as bad as I thought it would be but I'll leave that experience to my phone only.
    So I guess you did get one after all...?
    03-31-2018 09:46 PM
    So I guess you did get one after all...?
    Yes I did. I considered my options and found a deal that made it hurt less to buy.

I decided to let my i7 processor computer be the workhorse and just go base on the Surface.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-31-2018 10:22 PM
    Yes I did. I considered my options and found a deal that made it hurt less to buy.

I decided to let my i7 processor computer be the workhorse and just go base on the Surface.
    Congratulations on seemingly channeling your inner 99 to find that deal. I hope this works out for you.
    03-31-2018 10:28 PM
    Congratulations on seemingly channeling your inner 99 to find that deal. I hope this works out for you.
    Haha thank you. I don't think I'm on his level, it just worked out. I also had some funds in my Paypal, which helped too.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-31-2018 10:36 PM
    That's a street performer in a very unique custome. I didn't feel like taking a pictureThat's a street performer in a very unique custome. I didn't feel like taking a picture of the beareded white guy in Speedos running around, so I posted this instead.
    Cool. I'm glad you chose the picture you did. 😉
    libra89 likes this.
    03-31-2018 11:50 PM
    My stab on being arty

https://i.imgur.com/LCkZ0BT.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/mYHQ380.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/92eLmSF.jpg

... !
    Cool shots! ☺️
    libra89 and raycpl like this.
    03-31-2018 11:53 PM
    Cool shots! ☺️
    Took a bit of editing on Fantasia Painter... It was done by literally finger painting in the colour saturation, HDR-effects etc.. 15mins job!!!

I posted it on IG/FB ... Quoting "Big Yellow Taxi" the lyrics came to mind "They paved paradise, Put up a parking lot".. This was nature taking back control... Then someone chimed in with something from Talking Heads "...There was a parking lot, now there's nothing but flowers"....
    ... !
    Last edited by raycpl; 04-01-2018 at 03:53 AM.
    04-01-2018 03:25 AM
144,472 ... 56865687568856895690 ...