My Facebook friends are going crazy about the "return" of BBM...
    10-23-2013 08:50 PM
    You'll do just fine...surprised you didn't get a cute girl who is good in French to tutor you...
    about that ...heheheh well there is a cute French tutor around my age BUT since I don't have to have her as my tutor I cant
    10-23-2013 11:33 PM
    Good to hear it. You may want to watch it over again when done...
    well ok I think I will have time over the week end... I hope
    10-23-2013 11:39 PM
    well if I knew any friends that I have that used BBM I would be all over it BUT since I don't I don't really care
    10-23-2013 11:40 PM
    I don't !!!!!!!!!!
    You mean looking at naked and beautiful women and cars is intellectually stimulating enough for you?

Spoken like a real man, hear, hear!
    10-24-2013 12:13 AM
    You mean looking at naked and beautiful women and cars is intellectually stimulating enough for you?

Spoken like a real man, hear, hear!
    wait whattttttttt I don't get you snowflake ehhhh well to be honest I don't look at that stuff the only chick I would find stimulating is that chick I end up likeing but I do goo gogo gaga over cars and computers
    Chregu likes this.
    10-24-2013 12:27 AM
    Don't go 8x! don't go!
    After I applied the tape-fix, I haven't had any problems anymore. And now this? I'm a little afraid. I hope it was just a freak incident. But still, the fear remains.
    10-24-2013 12:29 AM
    well good night all and I still don't get what snowflake meant :P
    10-24-2013 12:36 AM
    I heard from a guy at a tech store, that Windows Phone has a big market presence down here in Australia...

And that the 1520 and the 2520 MAY come down to Australia on the second week of November!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-24-2013 12:36 AM
    BBM doesn't even work on my iPod Touch...
    10-24-2013 12:40 AM
    I just had a SIM error... Please don't let me down my sweet 8X, please don't let me down!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-24-2013 12:55 AM
    I just had a SIM error... Please don't let me down my sweet 8X, please don't let me down!
    Don't go 8x! don't go!
    Chregu and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-24-2013 01:21 AM
    There is a movement within the science community to move away from journals and go to an open access online science journal instead.
    At least the impact factor of Nature is a little higher than Science.

Open access online journals have many advantages, still, if there's a chance to publish in Nature or Science, everybody will try.

Science is a dirty business and prestige is pretty much the most important thing. If you have a name you'll get money and fame. And if you have publications in Science and Nature, you'll have a name pretty fast.
    10-24-2013 01:24 AM
    Don't go 8x! don't go!
    After I applied the tape-fix, I haven't had any problems anymore. And now this? I'm a little afraid. I hope it was just a freak incident. But still, the fear remains.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-24-2013 01:29 AM
    almost there*...
    10-24-2013 01:37 AM
    Someone's leaving work after many years being there and they're having a leaving-do. So I get to go and have a Carvery lunch in the middle of a working day. Something to look forward to!
    N_LaRUE and Chregu like this.
    10-24-2013 01:39 AM
    Morning. Colder this morning but apparently warming up again. Tired of the commute.
    Shinigami910 likes this.
    10-24-2013 01:41 AM
    Morning. Colder this morning but apparently warming up again. Tired of the commute.
    Saturday will be warm and sunny, that's great as I'm planning to go for a hike.

Wetter: Basel - search.ch

Commuting can be very exhausting. I did it for years, and now when I look back I think of it being worse than it was.
    10-24-2013 01:46 AM
    Saturday will be warm and sunny, that's great as I'm planning to go for a hike.

Wetter: Basel - search.ch

Commuting can be very exhausting. I did it for years, and now when I look back I think of it being worse than it was.
    My commute isn't all that bad I think I just got a case of the blahs. I'm just tired of rushing about in the morning to get the train, then to get the shuttle, which are ridiculously full lately. We could use bigger shuttles. On top of that, I think the idea of being staff now has got me down a touch. Partially due to the fact that what I was worried about becoming staff is coming true.

Oh well it doesn't need to be permanent. :P
    10-24-2013 02:00 AM
    Sorry to hear about your 8x. :( Hope it's only a glitch.
    Chregu likes this.
    10-24-2013 02:01 AM
    My commute isn't all that bad I think I just got a case of the blahs. I'm just tired of rushing about in the morning to get the train, then to get the shuttle, which are ridiculously full lately. We could use bigger shuttles. On top of that, I think the idea of being staff now has got me down a touch. Partially due to the fact that what I was worried about becoming staff is coming true.

What are you worried about becoming staff?
    10-24-2013 02:06 AM
    What's the alternative to being staff? Being a contractor? What's the difference?
    10-24-2013 02:08 AM
    Is Science more USA targeted and Nature more Europe focused, or is it the other way around? I think it's how I wrote it, but I don't know, I will never publish in either ;-)
    Science is an American Journal. Nature is UK based. Both do publications of international science. Prestige wise I think Nature is considered more prestigious. Both have made serious faux pas in publishing some crap science of late.

There is a movement within the science community to move away from journals and go to an open access online science journal instead.
    10-24-2013 02:08 AM
    At least the impact factor of Nature is a little higher than Science.

Open access online journals have many advantages, still, if there's a chance to publish in Nature or Science, everybody will try.

Science is a dirty business and prestige is pretty much the most important thing. If you have a name you'll get money and fame. And if you have publications in Science and Nature, you'll have a name pretty fast.

(The forum asks me if I want to leave the page when I send an answer. How annoying.)
    10-24-2013 02:24 AM
    What's the alternative to being staff? Being a contractor? What's the difference?
    Yes I was a contrator prior to becomming staff. When you're staff you get all those benefits of being staff, paid holidays, etc. When you're a contractor you don't. You typically get paid more per hour than you do as staff to compensate.
    10-24-2013 02:35 AM
144,485 ... 567568569570571 ...