That's unfortunate to see that happen.
    Thanks. Yep, it is. I think you might have been right about what you said before though. In the end days, I did wonder if I did really need one. It worked...until it obviously didn't work yesterday or this morning, even after charging for 8 hours.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-11-2018 02:40 PM
    Dang, I just watched a camera comparison between the XZ1C and XZ2C, and there is a difference in processing for the better. Maybe I might want to try the XZ2C after all but it's the price of a Pixel 2. I'm sure that I can wait for a price drop.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-11-2018 04:25 PM
    Dang, I just watched a camera comparison between the XZ1C and XZ2C, and there is a difference in processing for the better. Maybe I might want to try the XZ2C after all but it's the price of a Pixel 2. I'm sure that I can wait for a price drop.
    Good luck with that. Sony could have gone the value added route by pricing the Compact for $550 and the Z for $750 to really move units...

But we're talking about Sony here.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-11-2018 05:39 PM
    Good luck with that. Sony could have gone the value added route by pricing the Compact for $550 and the Z for $750 to really move units...

But we're talking about Sony here.
    I totally agree. I don't know if I have your level of willpower but considering events going down for school, I can wait. I went back to my A3 and that will do for now.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-11-2018 06:02 PM
    Returned the Surface Pro just now and fortunately, I got a very understanding person who refunded the entire amount, without a restocking fee. Even the mouse too.

Back to the drawing board for me.
    04-11-2018 06:05 PM
    Returned the Surface Pro just now and fortunately, I got a very understanding person who refunded the entire amount, without a restocking fee. Even the mouse too.

Back to the drawing board for me.
    Just out of curiosity, why the Surface Pro?
    04-11-2018 06:41 PM
    Just out of curiosity, why the Surface Pro?
    I always wanted to try one, ever since I started following Windows Central and reading about the love for Surface from some people here. I also figured I wanted something that I can get repaired in case I have issues. That's really it, mostly.
    Also I don't really enjoy touch input for long periods of time when it comes to screens bigger than my phone. The fact that it had the option to come with a keyboard sold me on trying it. As one can see by my posts, I totally get my type on and I am always multitasking somehow. It's kind of challenging to do that on something with touch input only.
    fatclue_98 and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-11-2018 07:17 PM
    I totally agree. I don't know if I have your level of willpower but considering events going down for school, I can wait. I went back to my A3 and that will do for now.
    It ain't willpower...this tech is just too expensive.
    04-11-2018 08:32 PM
    It ain't willpower...this tech is just too expensive.
    True, can't disagree with that but some of us cave anyway.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-11-2018 09:35 PM
    True, can't disagree with that but some of us cave anyway.
    I cave too, that's why I have 4(!) phones in total and 4 smartwatches....much if these I need to unload.

It's not easy, but after a while it gets fatiguing having to deal with all this crap that'll get old soon enough.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    04-11-2018 11:07 PM
    I cave too, that's why I have 4(!) phones in total and 4 smartwatches....much if these I need to unload.

It's not easy, but after a while it gets fatiguing having to deal with all this crap that'll get old soon enough.
    I hear ya. I've whittled down the number of devices for the sake of my sanity. I settled on the Fitbit Ionic because it has a great cross-platform app and I can use it on all 3 OSes. With Fitbit Pay I also have contact-less payment even on Windows so that's a boon. I've grown tired of playing with email clients to do what I want them to do and I've had to hoist the white flag and admit to myself that Outlook on WP is the best for those with multiple accounts. I'm undecided on my LTE iPad Air 2 since I'm also keeping an Android or iPhone SE (can't decide) for the rare times I might need an app. I do hate redundancy so I'm torn on the iPad because it's a really nice tablet. Much better than the Galaxy Tab S3 I had not too long ago. The display on the missus' V20 is dying a slow death so she might be inheriting my S8+ soon - one less device to worry about. Well, it's off to the rat race. It was too quiet this morning to be true. Peace!

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk
    04-12-2018 08:23 AM

I can relate to that, especially about having to deal with all of the stuff in general but then selling them feels like a chase. I struggle with it but lately, having to think about that and what I went through with selling the 950 (how I could ever forget it?), has me less likely to leap to try more stuff.

I think about that but then I remember, and I question if it's really worth it for me to deal with another thing. I like being down to 2 devices (traded in the SE for Apple gift card, recycled the 650 a while ago). I never said it here but trying the XZ1C felt like a mistake to do when I was trying to sell that phone. I was thankful that I had someone that wanted out the gate, but if not them, it could have been another long journey. I don't think I could ever be down to one because having a backup device is SO important.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-12-2018 09:23 AM
    I hear ya. I've whittled down the number of devices for the sake of my sanity. I settled on the Fitbit Ionic because it has a great cross-platform app and I can use it on all 3 OSes. With Fitbit Pay I also have contact-less payment even on Windows so that's a boon. I've grown tired of playing with email clients to do what I want them to do and I've had to hoist the white flag and admit to myself that Outlook on WP is the best for those with multiple accounts. I'm undecided on my LTE iPad Air 2 since I'm also keeping an Android or iPhone SE (can't decide) for the rare times I might need an app. I do hate redundancy so I'm torn on the iPad because it's a really nice tablet. Much better than the Galaxy Tab S3 I had not too long ago. The display on the missus' V20 is dying a slow death so she might be inheriting my S8+ soon - one less device to worry about. Well, it's off to the rat race. It was too quiet this morning to be true. Peace!

Sanity is so important, I can also relate to that as well. It sounds like you chose well with the Fitbit Ionic. Sounds like the iPad might work better as an iOS representative for you since it has LTE? Either way, it sounds like you have choices to make possibly. I think having a lot of devices can be annoying at times, or at least it annoyed me having to stare at them daily.
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    04-12-2018 09:40 AM
    Sounds like the iPad might work better as an iOS representative for you since it has LTE?
    Portability is the main issue. I can stuff an SE in the smallest shirt pocket with no hassle so there's that. It's not a huge consideration but there's also the cost of having that data line open. The Digits line is only $10 per month but it's more effective because of voice/text plus I never lose anything on my call/text logs between devices.

Because I'd want something really small for backup duties, I now see how you're so conflicted on small Androids. You prefer a smaller device for daily duties but you want the ability to have flagship-grade cameras and performance without getting a phablet. Android doesn't do that segment too well from what I've noticed while Apple has that covered with the SE. I don't need a good selfie camera so I'll probably wait to see about the new Sony Compact or maybe a flagship from a couple of years ago before display sizes went bonkers. It never ends does it?
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    04-12-2018 10:50 AM
    Portability is the main issue. I can stuff an SE in the smallest shirt pocket with no hassle so there's that. It's not a huge consideration but there's also the cost of having that data line open. The Digits line is only $10 per month but it's more effective because of voice/text plus I never lose anything on my call/text logs between devices.

Because I'd want something really small for backup duties, I now see how you're so conflicted on small Androids. You prefer a smaller device for daily duties but you want the ability to have flagship-grade cameras and performance without getting a phablet. Android doesn't do that segment too well from what I've noticed while Apple has that covered with the SE. I don't need a good selfie camera so I'll probably wait to see about the new Sony Compact or maybe a flagship from a couple of years ago before display sizes went bonkers. It never ends does it?
    Ah, that makes a lot of sense actually, I totally understand your issue here. Yep, you are correct about that. It is a tricky balance. I find that the SE is really good at nailing most of those things. The XZ1C really disappointed me when it came to the cameras in certain settings.

The A3 I have has better cameras over the SE but weaker performance. It would be nice if Sony matched the camera performance of the A3, if not do better than it.
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    04-12-2018 02:38 PM

I'd like to come down devices wise. The 950XL is a collector's piece so that doesn't really count; so does the OG Hu watch. I'd like to keep it to the Pixie and Mi Mix 2 for right now. Watch wise, the Hu Watch 2 is set. I'll likely sell the Moto 360, so my active items will be the watch 2, fossil, Pixie and Mixie.

I'd love a V-series device, but I'm on the fence. Just not a fan of that direction LG has taken.
    libra89 likes this.
    04-12-2018 04:38 PM
    I wish there were better USB-C headphones options.
    libra89 likes this.
    04-12-2018 09:17 PM
    Who did I kill in a past life? Did I burn down a leper colony full of blind kids?
    04-13-2018 10:32 AM
    Who did I kill in a past life? Did I burn down a leper colony full of blind kids?
    Sounds like i'm not only one whose train is running off the rails today.
    04-13-2018 12:23 PM
    The horror! The horror! The horror!!

... !
    04-13-2018 01:19 PM
    Sounds like i'm not only one whose train is running off the rails today.
    Nah bruh, you ain't alone. Mercury is in retrograde so buckle your seatbelts.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    04-13-2018 01:58 PM
    Ah, Android Central finally released their review for the Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact. https://www.androidcentral.com/sony-...compact-review

It sounds good but that price though, I'll have to wait.

I'm thinking of possibly just updating my iPhone 7 after all and using it. Already having performance quirks that do not exist with the iPhone. Thanks to getting it, I have learned useful things about Apple's supply chain. The only gain I have had with being on the A3 is with my podcast app (that works better on Android!) and of course, the battery life.
    04-13-2018 02:23 PM
    Nah bruh, you ain't alone. Mercury is in retrograde so buckle your seatbelts.
    I wish I had seatbelts to buckle. My supervisor said I have to ride bareback and if I can keep up, I'll be provided with a seatbelt (*watches Libra and Sahib have confused looks while 99 facepalms*).
    fatclue_98 and N_LaRUE like this.
    04-13-2018 02:27 PM
    I wish I had seatbelts to buckle. My supervisor said I have to ride bareback and if I can keep up, I'll be provided with a seatbelt (*watches Libra and Sahib have confused looks while 99 facepalms*).
    Yep, totally confused. I don't know what to say, aside from good luck?
    04-13-2018 02:40 PM
    Yep, totally confused. I don't know what to say, aside from good luck?
    There's an innuendo that was used for the contextual purpose of the primary implication here as working without support instead of the traditional meaning of the innuendo. However, the innuendo's traditional meaning was used to highlight the feeling of the risky state of working without support.

(Hence the faceplam from 99 and Mr. Clue's like)

Make sense? I can break it down more but Laura's doghouse I'd prefer to avoid.
    Laura Knotek, libra89 and N_LaRUE like this.
    04-13-2018 05:19 PM
145,797 ... 56915692569356945695 ...