Haven't made any calls on it, which will be the real test. I know everything works on the Mix 2, but if all works on the Pixel 2, I'm good.
    Phone call audio sounds good. Will post some thoughts in a week.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    04-21-2018 03:05 PM
    So the SE2 rumors are heating up again and they seem to make more sense this time with more information than before. It's going to be around the same size case apparently and lack the headphone jack, which is fine with me (since they include a set in the box unlike some others), and have the processor of the 7, and it's said to be released in May. It sounds like a slight upgrade, but I don't care, I still want one. I had no issues with the SE aside from camera performance.

Idealistically, I would go for this over the XZ2C for sure but we will see. Time is everything, and since the XZ2C isn't available until May 20, I can wait.
    I'm kinda tired of the no headphone jack bit, but that's just me in the petting zoo ******** about that...
    libra89 likes this.
    04-21-2018 03:28 PM
    So the SE2 rumors are heating up again and they seem to make more sense this time with more information than before. It's going to be around the same size case apparently and lack the headphone jack, which is fine with me (since they include a set in the box unlike some others), and have the processor of the 7, and it's said to be released in May. It sounds like a slight upgrade, but I don't care, I still want one. I had no issues with the SE aside from camera performance.

Idealistically, I would go for this over the XZ2C for sure but we will see. Time is everything, and since the XZ2C isn't available until May 20, I can wait.
    I suspect that if priced "reasonably", you'll pick up the SE2. Otherwise, who knows what you'll do.
    libra89 likes this.
    04-21-2018 03:30 PM
    I'm torn. Neither choice I make will leave me unscathed. That is all.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-21-2018 03:38 PM
    More evidence of how it nice it is out. img_20180421_160812.jpg
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-21-2018 04:16 PM
    It's sunny and 86F outside right now.
    04-21-2018 04:22 PM
    I suspect that if priced "reasonably", you'll pick up the SE2. Otherwise, who knows what you'll do.
    You're right. As long as it is cheaper than the iPhone 8, I will for sure. The 7 is okay but I miss the smaller size often, with a combo of good performance. The A3 meets the compact feel but not the performance.

Your point about the headphone jack being gone again is a valid one. I'm not into audio quality as much as you, but it hurts less since they include an option aside from the dongle...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-21-2018 04:39 PM
    I'm torn. Neither choice I make will leave me unscathed. That is all.
    You do have a hard choice here, that I wish you good luck with.
    04-21-2018 04:41 PM
    You're right. As long as it is cheaper than the iPhone 8, I will for sure. The 7 is okay but I miss the smaller size often, with a combo of good performance. The A3 meets the compact feel but not the performance.

Your point about the headphone jack being gone again is a valid one. I'm not into audio quality as much as you, but it hurts less since they include an option aside from the dongle...
    OEMs have made it more convenient to stay in our pockets by removing useful featured without suitable replacements. As long as there are people unwilling to vote with their wallets to keep certain features, everyone will keep chasing the Appleodel of telling customers how to use their devices.
    04-21-2018 04:57 PM
    It's sunny and 86F outside right now.
    Sounds like it's good weather for the kid to take you out in.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-21-2018 05:06 PM
    Sounds like it's good weather for the kid to take you out in.
    Too tired after a bunch of chores. So watching a movie right now.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-21-2018 06:26 PM
    Too tired after a bunch of chores. So watching a movie right now.
    Enjoy either way.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-21-2018 06:48 PM
    I think the biggest concern with the new headphones is how much power it drains from the battery for the ANC benefits. Plus, have to watch the call quality. Otherwise, they seem just fine for music.
    04-22-2018 03:22 PM
    I must confess, the Honor 10 looks really, really good. It had me wondering because I really liked the Aurora Borealis like color and the 3.5mm jack. What killed it for me, oddly enough was the no microSD support. I think Huawei is going the Xiaomi's route of leaving microSD support in the budget only offerings. Plus, Huawei's software support I'm not a fan of, as the Honor 8 never got 8.0.
    04-22-2018 03:38 PM
    04-22-2018 04:09 PM
    Hmm, this was an interesting read, thanks for sharing.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-22-2018 06:20 PM
    Enjoy either way.
    It was a good movie. The female lead was using a Lumia 950 in the movie. Was quite refreshing to see that.
    04-22-2018 07:35 PM
    It was a good movie. The female lead was using a Lumia 950 in the movie. Was quite refreshing to see that.
    That's so cool! Glad to hear that it was good.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-22-2018 08:02 PM
    The only device I'd like to upgrade is my Z3 tablet compact. Otherwise, I'm satisfied with the phones I have. Need to boot up the 950XL within the next week or so.

It's interesting as a man who enjoyed dual cameras, I'm only left with single shooters (two very good ones and an above average one) in my current lineup.
    04-22-2018 10:51 PM
    I still miss the 3.5mm jack. I'd finally found a nice pair of headphones good enough to handle my commute and it sucks that I ended up in this USB-C headphones situation. As nice as the new Xiaomi USB-C ones I have are, I prefer either their 3.5mm money I picked up for the dongle or the G7s I have. It just bites, but nothing I can do expect get a phone with a 3.5mm jack.
    04-22-2018 10:57 PM
    The only device I'd like to upgrade is my Z3 tablet compact. Otherwise, I'm satisfied with the phones I have. Need to boot up the 950XL within the next week or so.

It's interesting as a man who enjoyed dual cameras, I'm only left with single shooters (two very good ones and an above average one) in my current lineup.
    In other tablet news, my T100 still runs well. It got me through grad school and while I'm on it less, it still does the job. I do feel it ran way better with Windows 8 on it, but I'll keep my mouth shut there. My 4-year student Office 365 subscription ends next month, so I'll have to pick up an annual...I still like using Office.
    04-22-2018 11:00 PM

I had no idea you sold your other stuff that fast. Nicee.
    Sometimes you just like what you like.
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-22-2018 11:22 PM
    Yeah. In total I have three phones and three watches. The active pairs are the Pixel 2 & Huawei watch 2, and the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 & Fossil Q Explorist. The collector's pieces are the 950XL (the only thing with a 3.5mm jack, expandable storage and Qi) and the OG Huawei watch.
    04-22-2018 11:58 PM
    I moved the Mi Note 2 and the Moto 360 42mm last week, sadly. I'm waiting for some bands I ordered for the Fossil to come in before I take it out for a full spin. The rose gold looks OK, so I picked up a brown leather + rose gold strap and a metal rose gold band.
    04-23-2018 12:00 AM
    I still miss the 3.5mm jack. I'd finally found a nice pair of headphones good enough to handle my commute and it sucks that I ended up in this USB-C headphones situation. As nice as the new Xiaomi USB-C ones I have are, I prefer either their 3.5mm money I picked up for the dongle or the G7s I have. It just bites, but nothing I can do expect get a phone with a 3.5mm jack.
    I'm happy that I won't need to worry about #fonglelife for awhile.
    libra89 likes this.
    04-23-2018 02:52 AM
145,267 ... 56965697569856995700 ...