Hey, everybody. Hope you are all doing well. I'm going to be in New York later this week. I'm looking for good restaurant recommendations. If anyone has any, please let me know. Thanks.
    libra89, Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    10-08-2018 03:34 PM
    Hey, everybody. Hope you are all doing well. I'm going to be in New York later this week. I'm looking for good restaurant recommendations. If anyone has any, please let me know. Thanks.
    Sent (including 3 dessert spots).
    10-08-2018 04:55 PM
    Sent (including 3 dessert spots).
    Awesome. Thank you. I'll look through what you sent. Much appreciated.
    10-08-2018 05:04 PM
    Awesome. Thank you. I'll look through what you sent. Much appreciated.
    No problem. These are more working man's spots.
    libra89 likes this.
    10-08-2018 05:17 PM
    I wish LG had put the earpiece between both FFCs on the V40.
    libra89 likes this.
    10-08-2018 06:36 PM
    I wish LG had put the earpiece between both FFCs on the V40.
    Ooh I somehow didn't notice that they did not do that. That's an interesting choice of theirs
    10-08-2018 09:00 PM
    Ooh I somehow didn't notice that they did not do that. That's an interesting choice of theirs
    They didn't at on the G7 as well, having it off centered.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    10-08-2018 09:15 PM
    I think once the weather stabilizes, as it's currently as all over the place as Capt Orange at a rally, I may try to use the Mi Mix 2 for a week to see how I feel about going back to a larger device.

Yes, the new phone itch is there and yes there is no money to do add another model to the stable.
    Laura Knotek, libra89 and aximtreo like this.
    10-08-2018 09:39 PM
    I really need to make some changes. This is getting ridiculous. SMH.
    N_LaRUE, Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    10-09-2018 02:51 PM
    I really need to make some changes. This is getting ridiculous. SMH.
    I would say just do it but I can appreciate that there are other factors involved.

I don't miss the rat race, managers, or large corporations...
    Laura Knotek and aximtreo like this.
    10-09-2018 03:39 PM
    I would say just do it but I can appreciate that there are other factors involved.

I don't miss the rat race, managers, or large corporations...
    Leave it to you to make me think of this:

Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-09-2018 04:47 PM
    So...I'm catching up on the Pixel 3 news (Laura be kind, don't ban me too badly)...

WTF? $800 for the base 64GB Pixel and $900 for either the 128GB Pixel or the 64GB Pixel XL?

These OEMs a ****ting the bed here with these prices! Seriously!? So either I cough up $900 for a V40 or Pixel 3, HTC U12+ or Asus ROG, $1000 for a Note 9 or $1300 for iPhone XS Max?

You know who's getting the no Vaseline treatment twice? The people who buy any of these with cash up front and cannot return them during the window and have to sell them on the second hand market.

I mean, I was calling myself an *** for fantasizing over a Mate 10 Pro Porsche design, but this is asinine.
    10-09-2018 06:53 PM
    I'm curious though about the OnePlus bullets type C and the Pixel buds type C. I might buy one or both to try. Like Mi Xiaomi's and the Andy's type C buds get daily driver status, but if I stick with the Pixel 2 or get something like a Pixel 3 (March 2019, on discount) or XZ2/Mate 10 Pro, I'm curious who can stand the abuse. Unfortunately, these are water resistant.

I've enjoyed my Sony BTs, but need to replace them. The Jam truly wireless are nice but slip out my ears easily. So I'm looking at the Jaybird X4s and the Bose Soundsport to cover the 3.5mm side. I'd rather give up a little sound quality for some water resistance.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-09-2018 06:59 PM
    Meanwhile in the used market, I'm seeing some very nice prices on the G7, Mate 10 (Pro included), XZ2 and some decent ones for the V35. I lament my money woes. Lol.
    libra89, Laura Knotek and aximtreo like this.
    10-09-2018 08:15 PM
    I'm going to troll Swappa in a few months for a Pixel 3. Going to hang on to the Pixel 2 XL for a bit longer.
    Meanwhile in the used market, I'm seeing some very nice prices on the G7, Mate 10 (Pro included), XZ2 and some decent ones for the V35. I lament my money woes. Lol.
    10-09-2018 08:20 PM
    I'm going to troll Swappa in a few months for a Pixel 3. Going to hang on to the Pixel 2 XL for a bit longer.
    Agreed. That's why I stated March 2019 to think about a Pixel 3.

Interesting how it took this year for the Pixel 3 to fit a similar sized screen into the same footprint that Andy's phone did last year...
    libra89 likes this.
    10-09-2018 08:23 PM
    99, what do YOU think about these phone prices? Am I the only one here shouting in futility on a soapbox in the din of NYC rush hour noise about how outrageous pricing has gotten?
    10-09-2018 08:25 PM
    99, what do YOU think about these phone prices? Am I the only one here shouting in futility on a soapbox in the din of NYC rush hour noise about how outrageous pricing has gotten?
    The prices are ridiculously crazy.
    I am waiting for Nokia to get the OG Pixel camera output in their 7 series and then it's game over for these crazy $700+ devices from Apple, Samsung, LG and Google.

I have decided that I am NOT buying a new device at retail from a carrier or phone company anymore. This is asinine.

Sooner than later someone will figure out the Android equivalent of a Lumia 520 or 640.
    10-09-2018 08:48 PM
    So...I'm catching up on the Pixel 3 news (Laura be kind, don't ban me too badly)...

WTF? $800 for the base 64GB Pixel and $900 for either the 128GB Pixel or the 64GB Pixel XL?

These OEMs a ****ting the bed here with these prices! Seriously!? So either I cough up $900 for a V40 or Pixel 3, HTC U12+ or Asus ROG, $1000 for a Note 9 or $1300 for iPhone XS Max?

You know who's getting the no Vaseline treatment twice? The people who buy any of these with cash up front and cannot return them during the window and have to sell them on the second hand market.

I mean, I was calling myself an *** for fantasizing over a Mate 10 Pro Porsche design, but this is asinine.
    I won't ban you. These prices are all ridiculous, and I'm not buying any of those devices either.
    10-10-2018 01:28 AM
    I've never bought a new phone when it first was released as I refuse to pay top dollar.

The recent trend in prices for 'flagships' is getting out of hand. I can appreciate that maybe margins on phones are thin but this seems like a joke. The newer phones don't have anything really special to make them worth these prices.
    10-10-2018 03:40 AM
    I've never bought a new phone when it first was released as I refuse to pay top dollar.

The recent trend in prices for 'flagships' is getting out of hand. I can appreciate that maybe margins on phones are thin but this seems like a joke. The newer phones don't have anything really special to make them worth these prices.
    A certain someone in my life feels the same as you. I haven't heard the concept of waiting for a while but it makes sense.

I was saying to someone else that the base Pixel 3 is still cheaper than the XS base but with the point you raise, even if it is, it's still high.

The flip side for me is that I'll really have to take the time to wait to try it because of the price.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    10-10-2018 06:33 AM
    I suspect the carriers lament the end of contracts and subsidies. With these outrageous prices, we may slip back into those dark days.

libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-10-2018 06:49 AM
    One reason I brought up the Lumia 520 and 640 was that their hardware wasn't top shelf but the camera punched way above it's weight class. Also not everyone purchases a smartphone to play these extremely sophisticated video games and for those people mid range hardware is just fine but a lot of people want to take pictures because that is the only camera on hand at most times. So as long as the phone works for most apps, browsing, calling, texting and pictures with decent battery life, it will be a hit.
    10-10-2018 12:36 PM
    One reason I brought up the Lumia 520 and 640 was that their hardware wasn't top shelf but the camera punched way above it's weight class. Also not everyone purchases a smartphone to play these extremely sophisticated video games and for those people mid range hardware is just fine but a lot of people want to take pictures because that is the only camera on hand at most times. So as long as the phone works for most apps, browsing, calling, texting and pictures with decent battery life, it will be a hit.
    Sadly, Android has tried but outside of the Redmi series, no one has come close.
    10-10-2018 05:59 PM
    I sort of agree.

I remember a lot of 520 users wanting to do everything that a 920 could do. Which is a bit unrealistic.

The problem you have with Android is that it's not the most optimized OS and anyone on low-end hardware will still want the same or similar experience as someone using a flagship, which is of course unrealistic but that's part of the reality and mindset of people who buy low-end.

Then of course there's the OS upgrade issue...

Not sure why things are still like this but here we are....
    10-11-2018 03:36 AM
144,782 ... 57845785578657875788 ...