I don't know if Macron will sort this out. Even if he reverses some things there's such hate for him that he's going to lose EU parliament seats to LePen most likely.

He's a great communicator unfortunately he doesn't know how to connect with the right people. All they see in Macron is a banker giving money to the rich from the poor.

There are no quick fixes, anyone with intelligence knows this but how do you fix things that are really broken and need massive reform without upsetting people?

This is the problem. Macron wants to be the reformer but the people are not liking the idea.

He needed to find a balance but it might be too late. He's gone too far probably. Without fixing the underlying causes of issues he went for the easy fixes first. I think this is the problem in politics.
    As someone who has to work with people dealing with long term issues, with medical and social, that balance you seek is necessary. Part of that is the instillation of hope.

I don't mind if a leader is blunt with the prognosis and what needs to be fixed. The whole global economy isn't as rosy as some folks still try to sell it. What is often helpful is getting some of the easy fixes in, because it does give you the appearance of someone who delivers. But you've got to do that within the context of the longer play. When you go for either or, nothing good happens.
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-04-2018 02:26 PM
    Here is a list of phones synced with my rental Nissan Sentra.

I didn't know people still use Windows Phone!!
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...90e078a68e.jpg
    At least you can still sync the old WP to it...
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-04-2018 02:49 PM
    So I am picking up a Pixel 3XL in a few hours today. Still haven't found the time to setup my Pixel 3.
    I am thinking of trading the 3XL for an iPhone Xr....
    libra89 likes this.
    12-04-2018 05:03 PM
    So I am picking up a Pixel 3XL in a few hours today. Still haven't found the time to setup my Pixel 3.
    Man, you wheel and deal more than... nevermind, I need to stay out of Laura's doghouse.

Sure fun to watch though.
    Laura Knotek, N_LaRUE and aximtreo like this.
    12-04-2018 05:16 PM
    Do it! The Xr is a cool phone and I would like to hear your take on it as a iPhone with a notch but only one camera. It's a big phone but smaller than the 3XL for sure.
    12-04-2018 05:36 PM
    Man, you wheel and deal more than... nevermind, I need to stay out of Laura's doghouse.

Sure fun to watch though.
    Pixel 3 XL is in the house!
    I'm digging it quite a bit.
    12-04-2018 09:29 PM
    Here are some comparison pictures.
    First impressions. Size is identical including button placement. Screen quality is alone worth the upgrade - bathtub notch not withstanding. Side bezels have shrunk quite a bit as well. The glass curve is also minimal on the 3XL versus the 2XL and it is a marked improvement in a side by side comparison. Speakers are louder but I like the output on the older version better. I can feel the entire back vibrate (kinda like the LG G7?).
    12-04-2018 09:54 PM
    Oh and the 3XL case fits perfectly on the 2XL. And vice versa.
    12-04-2018 09:57 PM
    Pixel 3 XL is in the house!
    I'm digging it quite a bit.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...11cde6c30b.jpg
    Awesome! That sounds like an awesome device that is top-notch. I hope you have fun with it.
    12-05-2018 01:58 AM
    Awesome! That sounds like an awesome device that is top-notch. I hope you have fun with it.
    Top notch? No pun intended...
    12-05-2018 02:52 AM
    So to give a flavour of what life can be like in France sometimes.

My wife sent an email to an estate agent about 3 weeks ago enquiring about an apartment in the area where I'll be working. They just got back to her last night.

That might sound weird to you but it's not uncommon here in France. We were lucky, some times you don't get an answer. Estate agents here are nothing like anywhere else I've lived.

It's very strange.
    12-05-2018 02:57 AM
    The good news is the apartment we are interested in is still available and they have others.

We just need to think about going to view them. The logistics of all this is complicated.
    Scienceguy Labs likes this.
    12-05-2018 03:02 AM
    To give an idea of what's going on.

So I have the job near Versailles.

To view apartments we need to travel by train to Paris then backtrack to Versailles.

I'm currently waiting for my contract as I can't do much without it. Hopefully by the end of this week. I just sent a bunch of documents to the recruiter, which is typical of the process.

So probably next week to view apartments.

Now if we get an apartment before Christmas then we need to furnish it and that includes kitchen. It's a common thing here in France, Italy and Spain, etc. That's if the place we get doesn't have one left behind.

I start my job on 14 January so not much time really.
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 12-05-2018 at 08:15 AM.
    libra89 and Scienceguy Labs like this.
    12-05-2018 03:10 AM
    I'm also setting up an accountant. Personal indemnity insurance.

On top of that I have my appointment for my resident card for France 7 January. So dealing with that as well

Lastly our car is being a bit of a pain so need to sort that.

Fun isn't it?

Keep in mind anything to do with France is in French and my French isn't that good. I'm very happy about online translators.
    12-05-2018 03:15 AM
    Thanks Laura. That notch at the top is an attention hogger.
    Laura Knotek, libra89 and N_LaRUE like this.
    12-05-2018 03:25 AM
    I'm also setting up an accountant. Personal indemnity insurance.

On top of that I have my appointment for my resident card for France 7 January. So dealing with that as well

Lastly our car is being a bit of a pain so need to sort that.

Fun isn't it?

Keep in mind anything to do with France is in French and my French isn't that good. I'm very happy about online translators.
    Good luck with all that. I hope Google Translate is better at French to English than it is at Italian to English. I saw something online in Italian once that Google Translate totally botched. I had to send the link to a friend who knows Italian and have him provide a proper translation.
    libra89 and N_LaRUE like this.
    12-05-2018 03:38 AM
    Good luck with all that. I hope Google Translate is better at French to English than it is at Italian to English. I saw something online in Italian once that Google Translate totally botched. I had to send the link to a friend who knows Italian and have him provide a proper translation.
    Google is hit and miss.

I've found another translator. It's called DeepL. I recommend it. The only issue it has is that it doesn't do PDFs.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-05-2018 06:48 AM
    Wednesday, eh?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-05-2018 07:50 PM
    Some days at work, some people view me through this lens.

I view most politicians through this lens, so I guess it's even?

12-06-2018 09:53 AM
    I really detest waiting for important information. Always feels like it takes forever.
    12-06-2018 11:09 AM
    So hopefully we're going to view an apartment soon... I just sent a message so it depends on how quickly they reply. Also still waiting for my contract....

Did I mention I hate waiting?
    libra89, aximtreo and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-06-2018 01:17 PM
    Oh some good news, my mechanic told me to just put some additive in my car and it should fix the problem. So far so good.
    12-06-2018 01:17 PM
    We just finished a stack of admin and we still have more to do! Ah life in France....
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-06-2018 01:19 PM
    I shouldn't complain really.

For anyone who's never moved to another country on your own, your life is paperwork for the first one to two years followed by more in a few years time.
    12-06-2018 01:20 PM
    I shouldn't complain really.

For anyone who's never moved to another country on your own, your life is paperwork for the first one to two years followed by more in a few years time.
    Ah! The joys of adulthood...drowning in paperwork...
    12-06-2018 03:16 PM
145,797 ... 58205821582258235824 ...